Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
-_- dude, you and I have different genes from each other, even excluding the X and Y chromosomes from consideration, and we are the same species. Genetic differences in and of themselves don't automatically make two different populations completely unrelated.
Ok, so in the same train of thought, genetic similarities don't automatically make two different populations related. It's your reasoning.

And btw, our genes are exactly the same, its simply the arrangement of those genetic markers that make someone different. My T, A, G and C is the same as your T, A, G and C, they are simply in a different arrangement.....

Your argument has no substance and misleads people....

Vertical transfer of infection doesn't result in genes ending up in analogous locations. Try again.
Not in your intellectually secluded world where you ignore that geneticists use viruses to target specific genes for gene therapy. Hmm, if they were randomly attacking cells and their genetic content, why that just wouldn't work, now would it??????

I wasn't claiming orangutans as our closest living relative or ancestor. Did you ignore the fact that my initial post that you responded to was about why modern, non-human apes aren't on an evolutionary path towards becoming humans?

The orangutan comment was based on the ambiguous "they" in your post which I thought referred to ape ancestors in general, not necessarily the last common ancestor between humans and other great apes.
There is no common ancestor at all, let alone the "last" one. That's why they are every last one missing for every single evolutionary tree. And I do mean EVERY SINGLE TREE.

Name the species in the same niche as each other. They aren't simply in the same niche by virtue of being finches, the finches on the islands have variable diets and distribution.
Read the Grants papers, then come back and tell me that again....

Yes, I noticed Dawkins was even there, with a strangely placed quote from him in the paper, which while interesting (and not supporting the paper's conclusion), was entirely irrelevant to the problems I outlined. It doesn't matter that he cited some legitimate people, the entire thing is still a garbage pile. Plus, really? Should I really take the time to Google search every name in the cited works of this poor excuse for a paper? It's not as if I based my conclusion that it was garbage on the citations, I saw what garbage it was and got curious to see what sorts of citations it had.
in other words you look for any excuse to justify in your own mind why you can ignore the outcome of almost 40 years of actual plant and animal husbandry, because the results don't fit your viewpoint. I understand....

And I notice you are ignoring the inherent flaws I outlined, such as the fact that barley was sequenced 7 years after this paper was published in an Indian journal of ill repute. You seem to just want to focus on credentials. Which is silly. Some of the citations are super old too, like Vavilov's being from 1922. We didn't even know the structure of DNA until about 30 years later. And these aren't just citations for the introduction, no, he is actually using this crap to try to promote his conclusion further. It's a ridiculous piece of work, so sorry you don't want to admit that.

Laughable coming from someone that seemed focused on the authors credentials......

-_- you are assuming people couldn't make money off of disproving a theory. I'd be a rockstar if I disproved a theory as big as evolution. Plus, ever heard of moving on to other work?
And have to spend all that money all over again re-educating yourself in another field? Loose the respect of your peers, etc? Not a chance and we both know it. Just like with Ptolomy, it took a revolution to change the current system of belief.

Pfft, glad to know that you don't think the intentions behind a referenced experiment matter. I think it makes a huge difference that the Lundqvist reference is a historical book and that the data taken from it was from experiments designed to force mutations that would result in specific traits.
It's you that seems to want to ignore the outcome of over 40 years of actual mutation experiment with plants and animals because you don't like the conclusion brought together fro disparage sources.

That doesn't give new traits if the ones in question have traditional dominance/recessive patterns. It would produce an individual with both traits, ideally. You don't really get anything new by crossbreeding unless the cross results in atypical chromosome number.
So says those that keep ignoring over 100 breeds of dogs from one wolf stock......

Even the Grants found that not to be true studying actual breeding in the real world.....

"New additive genetic variance introduced by hybridization is estimated to be two to three orders of magnitude greater than that introduced by mutation."

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1558-5646.1994.tb01313.x

Your statements are not supported by actual breeding observations.....

I like how you don't actually link any in particular. It's so much more helpful than linking actual papers (sarcasm).
I like how you chose to ignore every one of those linked too... which discussed the subject. You had your pick...... Yet chose to ignore them all because it leads to facts you don't want to hear because they'll damage your belief system....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
One just needs to accept the reality of how we observe new forms to appear - through mating of two subspecies.

Which leads one to wonder just how the subspecies came about --- perhaps it was "evolution"?

• Haha
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Which leads one to wonder just how the subspecies came about --- perhaps it was "evolution"?
Or perhaps that rib taken was not a rib, simply symbolic, but half the chromosomes, so that the 'two', when recombined, make 'one' flesh? It's always evolutionists that assume Adam and Eve were exactly the same subspecies....

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Or perhaps that rib taken was not a rib, simply symbolic, but half the chromosomes, so that the 'two', when recombined, make 'one' flesh? It's always evolutionists that assume Adam and Eve were exactly the same subspecies....
"Evolutionists" don't assume anything about Adam and Eve, beyond that they are characters in a story.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
"Evolutionists" don't assume anything about Adam and Eve, beyond that they are characters in a story.

Just like I don't assume anything about the first organism or any common ancestor, except that they are characters in a story.... A poorly written one at that.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Just like I don't assume anything about the first organism or any common ancestor, except that they are characters in a story.... A poorly written one at that.
Happens I like both stories--for different reasons, of course. One is inspired by God, the other by God's creative handiwork.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ok, so in the same train of thought, genetic similarities don't automatically make two different populations related. It's your reasoning.
And believe it or not, I'd actually agree with that. By virtue of life on Earth having 4 base DNA, about 25% of the similarity between two randomly selected, equal length sequences can be explained as pure chance. Can, not automatically is.

Of course, all eukaryotes are far more genetically similar to each other than that, breaking the limit of similarity that can be explained as pure chance.

And btw, our genes are exactly the same, its simply the arrangement of those genetic markers that make someone different. My T, A, G and C is the same as your T, A, G and C, they are simply in a different arrangement.....
That literally describes every living organism on this planet, as well as DNA viruses.

Your argument has no substance and misleads people....
Nah, you clearly made some assumptions about my reasoning at the start that weren't true. I am 100% certain you did not expect me to agree with your first two sentences. Similarity that indicates shared ancestry is different from random chance similarity.

Not in your intellectually secluded world where you ignore that geneticists use viruses to target specific genes for gene therapy. Hmm, if they were randomly attacking cells and their genetic content, why that just wouldn't work, now would it??????
Yes, they do target specific genes, and they do so with the intent of instigating a specific type of genetic change. All possible genetic changes are not equally probable or even necessarily possible for that type of process, and the same goes for the people that were breeding barley. They wanted specific types of changes, and made efforts to get them and avoid others. Their study never was intended to see how many different traits they could get, and even if it was, I explained to you that mutagenic substances do not instigate all sorts of mutations with equal probability, making attempting to determine some limit of variation via inducing mutation that way inherently flawed.

There is no common ancestor at all, let alone the "last" one. That's why they are every last one missing for every single evolutionary tree. And I do mean EVERY SINGLE TREE.
Only in the sense that, since we can't perform genetic tests, it is impossible to tell if a fossil belongs to a species that was the last common ancestor between two modern or extinct groups. It is a consequence of the fact DNA doesn't last very long, no more and no less. It is entirely possible that we have found many such species in the fossil record and simply don't recognize them as such.

Read the Grants papers, then come back and tell me that again....
I am assuming you are referring to Ragnar Granit from the original paper you posted, because otherwise, said last name is too common for me to figure out what specific paper you could be referencing. The man died in 1991, long before the human genome was sequenced. His citation is a book not published by a scientific journal in which he explores his personal views on the origin of the universe and his theology. He's not even well known for that book, and the bulk of his scientific work revolves around the function of the human eye in terms of physiology and chemistry. He has nothing to do with genetics or plant/animal breeding, so I don't view his citation as particularly relevant.

The fact that you seem to have thought that the citation was a paper, not a book, says a lot about how much reading you have been doing.

If you are referring to Peter R. Grant, which I hope for your sake is not the case, you've never read any of his work directly, I can tell you that much. He's the evolutionary biologist that demonstrated that natural selection can be observed to make significant changes to populations within a human lifetime. He works with birds, not plants, and is not cited by the original paper you presented. He also has 0 papers supporting the "law of recurrent variation" and as far as I can tell doesn't even have papers that use that phrase. Most of the relevant work of his is also extremely outdated, with most of it being from the late 1980s and the early 1990s.

in other words you look for any excuse to justify in your own mind why you can ignore the outcome of almost 40 years of actual plant and animal husbandry, because the results don't fit your viewpoint. I understand....
-_- they literally were directing the mutations to force specific traits to appear, exactly why should I view such an experiment as giving any insight as to the amount of mutations these plants could potentially experience?

Even if you showed how many different ways a single mutation could change a specific gene, it wouldn't give you any insight as to how further mutations would impact physiology. And that ancient study didn't even accomplish that. As far as 40 years goes, even if any of those individual experiments lasted that long (they didn't) and they didn't use mutagenic substances which inevitably result in specific types of mutations appearing more frequently, that wouldn't be a sufficient amount of time to determine how many possible ways a genome can mutate. I'd even go as far as to say that unless the genome of the organism in question is very short, it'd be impossible to witness all single base pair mutations even with endless clones of animals to inbreed and centuries to observe it in.

I mean, consider this sequence of just 5 different bases:
AATCG
How many ways do you think I can change that sequence when the only difference amounts to just 1 base pair, either being swapped, added, or deleted? Well, there should be 3 different ones for each base being swapped for another, such as ATTCG, so 15 of those. With additions, for each single base addition of a particular base there are 6 different places they can go, such as AAATCG, so 24 of those. There are 5 different ways single base deletions could go, such as ATCG.

That means a sequence of just 5 bases can change in 44 different ways with just a single base mutation. I can't even fathom the number of ways an organism with 1 million base pairs, which is significantly shorter than any known eukaryotic genome, could change with just 1 base pair.

And that's not even accounting for the larger mutations.

Laughable coming from someone that seemed focused on the authors credentials......
The credentials were but a small part of my criticisms, and the only reason my response to your post brought them up so much is because YOUR POST focused so heavily on the matter. You didn't even try to challenge my most important criticisms, the fact that the paper didn't go through a proper peer review process (as indicated by the publisher) and that it makes claims about the alleles of a species that wasn't sequenced until long after the paper was published.

And have to spend all that money all over again re-educating yourself in another field?
-_- why would disproving a theory, even one as big as evolution, require a person to quit their biology career? It's not like disproving the theory of evolution is the same thing as disproving all of biology.

Loose the respect of your peers, etc? Not a chance and we both know it. Just like with Ptolomy, it took a revolution to change the current system of belief.
Why would a person that legitimately disproved a theory that big lose the respect of their peers? It would be a necessary, revolutionary development for the field of biology, just like Miasma theory of disease being replaced with Germ theory of disease was. I think you significantly overestimate the negative impacts of disproving theories.

It's you that seems to want to ignore the outcome of over 40 years of actual mutation experiment with plants and animals because you don't like the conclusion brought together fro disparage sources.
It's not 40 years of mutation experiment to determine how much one can change cattle or plants. For example, the barley experiments lasted about 5 years, and again, they were trying to influence the sorts of mutations they got. A lot of the cultivars they developed this way were useful, and many persist to this day, so that experiment wasn't even a failure like the paper you linked stated it was.

So says those that keep ignoring over 100 breeds of dogs from one wolf stock......
1. That is an incorrect assessment of dog evolution. Dogs are derived from at least two different populations of the same wolf species, one which lived in the East and one which lived in the West.
2. I am not ignoring them, but you like to ignore my statement that I contend that all modern dogs are not the same species. Demonstrate to me a cross between a female chihuahua and a male Great Dane. Do it. Prove me wrong when I say that a female chihuahua can't take the puppies to term if the father is a Great Dane.
3. Need I post the pictures of the first generation of my Triops versus the latest generation of my Triops? I got tails longer than any possible F1 generation relative these Triops had. In a species that is entirely asexual and thus cannot be crossed with any other breeds or species. Consider your continuous assertion that new traits only arise with hybridization refuted by me personally.

I like how you chose to ignore every one of those linked too... which discussed the subject. You had your pick...... Yet chose to ignore them all because it leads to facts you don't want to hear because they'll damage your belief system....
What are you talking about? Did you edit your previous post to have links it didn't have before? Or are you treating the google search as a valid link? Very funny, in what universe do we live in? Last I checked, my time was limited, yet pages of garbage on Google were quite numerous. If you want me to investigate specific papers, name them. It is your job to provide sufficient evidence for your own position, not tell me to look for it for you. Such is the nature of a debate.

But hey, the least I could do is look through the first 3 pages of Google search results. At least 85% of those pages are either the paper you originally linked or references to it or the author of it, criticisms of it, and on the last page there are two valid papers published in actual scientific journals, neither of which have subject matter that goes in line with the original paper you posted.

-_- this is why you have to link specific sources and not ask me to Google search. I sincerely have to say that it seems Wolf-Ekkehard Lönnig is the only person even trying to give the illusion of scientifically demonstrating his own law of recurrent variation and that anything that brings it up either does so as a result of him being a minor citation or it being a paper he's directly involved with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have also seen the lineage of dogs and know that variation occurs from mating. In fact, in real life that's the only way you have ever seen it occur. That what is mistaken as transitional is in reality simply when two creatures mated and produced offspring that looked different. Like when a Husky mated with a Mastiff and produced the Chinook. That they then mistakenly call them separate species instead of subspecies simply to support their system of beliefs. That it only took vasts amount of time, because unlike dogs which man brought together, in nature it took geological changes, famines, etc to bring different subspecies together so their ranges overlapped.
When the Husky and Mastiff were bred together, it produced a breed with characteristics of both. That is far different from the evolution we see in the fossil record.

Take Eohippus for instance, the "dawn horse" that lived about 50 million years ago. This animal:

stood 4.2 to 5 hands high, diminutive by comparison with the modern horse, and had an arched back and raised hindquarters. The legs ended in padded feet with four functional hooves on each of the forefeet and three on each of the hind feet—quite unlike the unpadded, single-hoofed foot of modern equines. The skull lacked the large, flexible muzzle of the modern horse, and the size and shape of the cranium indicate that the brain was far smaller and less complex than that of today’s horse. The teeth, too, differed significantly from those of the modern equines, being adapted to a fairly general browser’s diet. Source: Horse - Evolution of the horse
There were no other animals around to breed with it to produce horses, zebras and donkeys. For millions of years there are abundant fossils similar to eohippus, but nothing close to modern horses. But then as we proceed up through the fossil record, we find animals that are more and more like the horse and zebra. The only reasonable conclusion is that animals like eohippus evolved into the horse and zebra. What do you think happened?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There were no other animals around to breed with it to produce horses, zebras and donkeys. For millions of years there are abundant fossils similar to eohippus, but nothing else.
And, of course, nature found a way to prevent them from being inbred depressed, didn't she?

After all, it wasn't a bottleneck even that occurred was it?

It was the founder effect in action ... right?

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And, of course, nature found a way to prevent them from being inbred depressed, didn't she?

After all, it wasn't a bottleneck even that occurred was it?

It was the founder effect in action ... right?
Wrong.

We have found many eohippus fossils in North America and Europe. And of course there were probably many other eohippi that we never found fossils for. So no, it can hardly be argued that eohippuses were so few in number that they would have died out for lack of genetic diversity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wrong.

We have found many eohippus fossils in North America and Europe. And of course there were probably many other eohippi that we never found fossils for. So no, it can hardly be argued that eohippuses were so few in number that they would have died out for lack of genetic diversity.
So how many suddenly appeared in order to overcome a genetic bottleneck?

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So how many suddenly appeared in order to overcome a genetic bottleneck?
No eohippus needed to appear suddenly.

Rather a population of thousands of hyracatherium could have evolved together into eohippus over tens of thousands of years.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No eohippus needed to appear suddenly.

Rather a population of thousands of hyracatherium could have evolved together into eohippus over tens of thousands of years.
No wonder people don't understand evolution.

I have no idea what you just said.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

That there wasn't a sudden appearance of one eohippus in a population of hyracatheria, rather, that an entire population of hyracatheira gradually became more eohippus-like together over tens of thousands of years.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The most prevalent area in science I know of for the hard sciences in terms of fraud is the medical industry, because a pill that doesn't work still costs a ton of money to produce and pharmaceutical companies like to skip out on having unbiased parties repeat the experiment to confirm the results. There is a clear motivation for frauds: money.

However, in terms of the theory of evolution, there is a lot more to gain in terms of fame and fortune if a person made discoveries that challenged the theory rather than supported it. It's one of if not the biggest theory in all of biology, so presenting data that supports it is so run of the mill that unless it is really big, no one cares. For example, I've talked with creationists on here that don't even know that there are fossils relevant to the evolution of non-human apes, yet tons of people on here know about Tiktaalik. Whenever people make fake fossils for scientific reasons, they always seem to be challenging what is mainstream, not making fakes that agree with the mainstream.

I always hear people bring up old crap like Piltdown man, but the scientific community didn't even fall for that one, it was just put to the side until it could be proven to be a fake without a shadow of a doubt. Plus, if frauds are so common in the scientific community in regards to evolution, why don't people bring up examples that occurred within my lifetime? My grandma is younger than Piltdown man. Relevant frauds, mind you. People making fake fossils to sell to the gullible aren't exactly relevant to the scientific community.

I was not aware of your research when I posted.

Fraud and misconduct in science: the stem cell seduction

Fraud and misconduct in scientific publications

The 10 Greatest Cases of Fraud in University Research

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dmmesdale

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Fargo
✟74,412.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
1. If humans came from apes, why aren't apes evolving into humans?
Humans, apes, and monkeys are only distant evolutionary “cousins.” We come not from apes but from a common ancestor that was neither ape nor human that lived millions of years in the past. In fact, during the last seven million years many human-like species have evolved; some examples include Homo habilis, Homo erectus, and Homo neanderthalensis. All of these went extinct at different times, leaving just us to share the planet with a handful of other primates.
If they do not know the identity of the common ancestor then they do not know if it was not an ape. It is not what is printed here, it is what is ignored.

10. Evolution can't account for morality.
It cannot.
As a social primate species we evolved a deep sense of right and wrong in order to accentuate and reward reciprocity and cooperation, and to attenuate and punish excessive selfishness and free riding.
That is nothing more than an evodidit assumption.
As well, evolution created the moral emotions that tell us that lying, adultery, and stealing are wrong because they destroy trust in human relationships that depend on truth-telling, fidelity, and respect for property.
Lying adultery stealing slavery etc are not wrong in a godless existence. To assume they are wrong for all humans is subjective/group fiction.

It would not be possible for a social primate species to survive without some moral sense.
It is possible. We are here proves it is possible since all of history does not involve moral sense in animals including humans.
On the constitution of human nature is built the constitutions of human societies.

The moment a man questions the meaning and value of life, he is sick, since objectively neither has any existence. Freud.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,269.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

If you spent more time studying the posts of other members and following their recommendations for further reading rather than making one inane post after another, then you would have understood it with no problem at all.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
When the Husky and Mastiff were bred together, it produced a breed with characteristics of both. That is far different from the evolution we see in the fossil record.

Take Eohippus for instance, the "dawn horse" that lived about 50 million years ago. This animal:

stood 4.2 to 5 hands high, diminutive by comparison with the modern horse, and had an arched back and raised hindquarters. The legs ended in padded feet with four functional hooves on each of the forefeet and three on each of the hind feet—quite unlike the unpadded, single-hoofed foot of modern equines. The skull lacked the large, flexible muzzle of the modern horse, and the size and shape of the cranium indicate that the brain was far smaller and less complex than that of today’s horse. The teeth, too, differed significantly from those of the modern equines, being adapted to a fairly general browser’s diet. Source: Horse - Evolution of the horse
There were no other animals around to breed with it to produce horses, zebras and donkeys. For millions of years there are abundant fossils similar to eohippus, but nothing close to modern horses. But then as we proceed up through the fossil record, we find animals that are more and more like the horse and zebra. The only reasonable conclusion is that animals like eohippus evolved into the horse and zebra. What do you think happened?
That’s just it, there were those similar to it around.

Look at the Pug, it looks nothing like the wolf, yet came from the wolf.

Your assuming since it looks different it must have evolved instead of come about by breeding. Yet again, the Pug looks nothing like the wolf, or the Husky, or the Mastiff, or the Poodle, but all come from the same ancestor through breeding.

I’ll say it again, you can’t tell what bred with what from a pile of bones, but believe it or not that’s how reproduction and variation happen.

Even the Grants had to admit that in their studies where they found breeding was two to three orders of magnitude greater at producing genetic variation than mutation. This is because breeding affected several loci simultaneously, while mutation only affects one. Don’t get me wrong, I am not denying that a mutation may be beneficial in some small way once in a blue moon, but it isn’t responsible for the vast changes in appearance of the same species.

It’s you all that incorrectly list them as separate species when dogs show you how vast can be the range of appearance for the same species.....

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you spent more time studying the posts of other members and following their recommendations for further reading rather than making one inane post after another, then you would have understood it with no problem at all.
I doubt it.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is also worth noting that specific countries have comparatively low standards for peer review, fact checking, etc. For example, I wouldn't trust anything coming out of China or India without it being corroborated by multiple, unaffiliated and unbiased groups.

I actually had to research scientific frauds for a class before, and going through lists of them, noticed an extremely high rate of fraud in the medical industry compared to other areas of research. I also had a professor bring up the fact that the vast majority of published papers pertaining to medical research never have their experiments repeated, due to the fact that in order for it to be accomplished, an organization that will not enjoy the fruits of the labor must pay an exorbitant amount of time, money, and other resources. As a result, even experiments which were not performed fraudulently can misinterpret results or have results which are not reproducible, and it isn't found out until more than a decade later.

Upvote 0