Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
At my girlfriends house, the neighbor girls playing jump rope in the yard, said I was a fox.
I guess I can understand that, since "fox" is an obsolete term now.

They used to be called: fox, vixen, dame, doll, tomato and probably a host of other words.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying Jesus wasn't fully human? or are you saying only women are apes? or both?

I thought women were foxes?
He was fully human and thus a member of the family hominidae (the ape family) and fully divine.

Reactions: HitchSlap
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Because it's true. Mary was also fully human and thus also a member of the family hominidae. She was an ape.
I thought the conversation was about Jesus?

Was He or was He not a great ape?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
  • Haha
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I thought the conversation was about Jesus?

Was He or was He not a great ape?
Yes, and a mammal and a vertebrate and a chordate and a...

Upvote 0

Bugeyedcreepy

Jun 7, 2016
Canberra, Australia
✟88,248.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
As to your question --- your premise that there is only one planet in the cosmos creating life is flawed. You don't know that with any certainty. We are finding evidence of possible life on Mars and we know now that there are plenty of planets. I strongly suspect that life in some form may be present on many of them. Given time, I believe that the universe is "programmed" to produce life.
I did note just today that the Cassini probe may have picked up complex organic compounds... I wonder how they got there? - from Ocean spray on Saturn moon contains crucial constituents for life

"Blasts of ocean spray that erupt from a moon of Saturn contain complex organic molecules, making it the only place beyond Earth known to harbour crucial constituents for life as we know it.

Astronomers detected the compounds in plumes of water and ice that shoot from huge fractures in the south pole of Enceladus, a 300-mile-wide ice ball that orbits Saturn along with 52 other moons. Enceladus stands out among the planet’s natural satellites because it hosts a global water ocean beneath its frozen crust.

German and US scientists found tell-tale signs of organic molecules far more complex than amino acids and 10 times heavier than methane in data gathered by Nasa’s Cassini probe as it flew over the fractures on Enceladus. Known as “tiger stripes”, the fissures reach several miles down into the ice and are largely filled with ocean water that percolates up from the ocean."​

.... It's a Great time to be alive! :)

Upvote 0

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sudden changes in the fossil record are not missing evidence of gradualism; they are extant evidence of punctuation. Species are stable over long periods of time and so they leave plenty of fossils in the strata while in their stable state. The change from one species to another, however, happens relatively quickly (on a geological time scale) in a process called punctuated equilibrium.

How quickly is punctuated equilibrium? Which species that are not bacteria or a virus would be the fastest ones to go through punctuated equilibrium?
All branches of science are based on theories, which are grounded in testable hypothesis and explain a large and diverse body of facts about the world. A theory is considered robust if it consistently predicts new phenomena that are subsequently observed. Facts are the world’s data. Theories are explanatory ideas about those data.
Are there any actual theories about what the next phase of human evolution will be, even if it won't be seen for an extremely long time?

Upvote 0

Bugeyedcreepy

Jun 7, 2016
Canberra, Australia
✟88,248.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
How quickly is punctuated equilibrium? Which species that are not bacteria or a virus would be the fastest ones to go through punctuated equilibrium?
Whichever one is smallest viable population - Generally speaking, the smaller the population, the more dramatic the punctuated equilibrium effect is on it. That's generally why we see major shifts in the types of life we find after each major extinction event.
Are there any actual theories about what the next phase of human evolution will be, even if it won't be seen for an extremely long time?
None that aren't already manifesting in a way - because there's no way to predict with fidelity a specific trait that will evolve and when (or if) it reaches fixation in the population. All we can determine is the amount of variation we will see in the genome - whatever trait comes out the other end is completely up for grabs (...or "God knows", if you're so inclined...).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Whichever one is smallest viable population - Generally speaking, the smaller the population, the more dramatic the punctuated equilibrium effect is on it. That's generally why we see major shifts in the types of life we find after each major extinction event.

Hmm, or maybe there have been six creation events with man being part of the sixth and five destruction's.

And don't you mean all new life appearing where it wasn't found before??? You can call it a shift if that makes it easier to accept.
picture 1.png

Attachments

• Dalmation.jpg
    Dalmation.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Corgi.jpg
    Corgi.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Cormation.jpg
    Cormation.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0

Bugeyedcreepy

Jun 7, 2016
Canberra, Australia
✟88,248.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Hmm, or maybe there have been six creation events with man being part of the sixth and five destruction's.
Nope, not what the evidence indicates. In fact, we're undergoing another mass extinction now.... at a glacial pace, of course... :D
And don't you mean all new life appearing where it wasn't found before??? You can call it a shift if that makes it easier to accept.
Nope! Again, even though there is a major shift at each of these extinction events, we still see the morphological changes firmly rooted in the pre-existing life forms that they derive from. Call it adaptation across generations if that makes it easier to accept.

Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Dogs. There is more variety than in nature because man brings together what would if left to occur naturally would take hundreds of thousands of years.

None of the dog breeds we have today, would actually occur in nature. In fact, a lot of them wouldn't even survive in the wild without our special care. For crying out loud, some have been so modified that they aren't even able to naturally reproduce anymore......

This is the difference between artificial selection and natural selection.

If left alone their would only be a few breeds of dogs, matching what we see in nature. But the point is that they are all still dogs, still the same species.

Did you expect cats instead?

Upvote 0