Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Divorced
I won't excuse such an attitude,
and
neither will I accuse you. On this internet site all kinds are present.

You misread the post if you think I was at all 'snide'.... I gave you an honest reply, an honest answer as from Yahuweh and His Word. Complete with all the context/ chapters/ books that will help gain understanding, Yahuweh Willing, in your position or for your question.

I think I have to side with her on that one brother, your....syntax ..came across fairly snide. Far be it from me to judge what is in the heart of another, but I definitely read "snide." However, offense is taken, not given and forgiveness and turn the other cheek and all that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I think I have to side with her on that one brother, your....syntax ..came across fairly snide. Far be it from me to judge what is in the heart of another, but I definitely read "snide." However, offense is taken, not given and forgiveness and turn the other cheek and all that.
Well, let's see. What is your definition of 'snide' then ?

Upvote 0

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1 Corinthians 11:3, 1 Corinthians 14, as well as others. God created Eve to be Adam's helper. It sounds crass, anti-PC, and perhaps chauvinistic to suggest that women must be servile to men, but in regards to spiritual matters the bible is quite clear on this point. I could find more scripture, or quote lots of contemporary, secular things that support this. It is a hard pill to swallow, but feminist movements have subverted, if not downright perverted God's plan for us. I have heard accounts of old ladies that say the moment we all went wrong was when women got the vote, left the house, started working, and started trying to be equal to or greater than men in matters that were not meant for them. Society has programmed me to hate the idea that "women are to be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen," but as crass as that sounds, we as a society were far more godly when that was the way of the land. I will have to pray on that one some more.

edit* I unintentionally lied when I said I had "met" these old ladies, edited for accuracy.

This is the thing, I'm not going to argue your various points and I could but that's not what I'm getting at. if this is what you truly believe then you need to be as plain and transparent about this with any woman you are considering to marry because it's not a small matter by any means. So just make sure you don't dress it up or sugar coat this particular belief you have so that when you are considering a woman for marriage she can choose if you're right for her as well. Can make all the difference...

• Friendly
Reactions: Ghostjunkie
Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
That's quite a judgmental and negative attitude to take.
i believe that they are not saved but if some catholic comes and tell me he knows god and the holy spirit lives into him i could consider exceptions

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i believe that they are not saved but if some catholic comes and tell me he knows god and the holy spirit lives into him i could consider exceptions

The myth of the unsaved Catholic...of course, anyone can be considered "not saved" and they don't have to be Catholic for this to the case.

It's interesting how one religion besmirches another religion. One thinks the other is better than the other. Pretty sad. But it's been that way since practically the beginning of time.

Here in the south, sadly, the Baptists think like you do. A lot of southern attitude. That Catholics are spawn of satan or some crap. Great, I guess the Pope, Bishops, and the network of churches is just a waste of time when you walk into them. :p

Regardless, you are in no position to say whether or not someone is saved...or not. Only God is. It's only what's in the heart is what matters. But that's another topic altogether.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don’t think an adherence to Catholicism means the person is lost or unsaved. Only the Lord knows our hearts. There are men and women in many Christian traditions who love the Lord and are called to His service.

Agreed...I have noticed it's culturally in the south that certain born again..mainly the southern Baptists that think this way of Catholics and a few others. In the 1970s and 80s it was quite bad. My dad was Chicago...when he moved to the south, he worked with a bunch of good ol boys that disliked Yankees. Of course, my dad was Catholic and guess who they were..."born agains", but they were complete jerks personality wise.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Agreed...I have noticed it's culturally in the south that certain born again..mainly the southern Baptists that think this way of Catholics and a few others. In the 1970s and 80s it was quite bad. My dad was Chicago...when he moved to the south, he worked with a bunch of good ol boys that disliked Yankees. Of course, my dad was Catholic and guess who they were..."born agains", but they were complete jerks personality wise.
He is from South America, a lot of them believe Catholics are not Christians.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Agreed...I have noticed it's culturally in the south that certain born again..mainly the southern Baptists that think this way of Catholics and a few others.

My mother’s family is from New Orleans. They were Catholic. The area they lived in had a large Catholic presence. But most were Baptist as you’ve stated.

That must have been quite an experience for your father. I’ve visited the south but I don’t know if I could live there. Although I was reared with southern hospitality and etiquette. I think I’m a diehard Yankee.

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Regardless, you are in no position to say whether or not someone is saved...or not. Only God is. It's only what's in the heart is what matters. But that's another topic altogether.
i can see things that are bad

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
i can see things that are bad
All the deeds and words spoken will be judged, and for Ekklesia are supposed to be judged already today, not waiting for judgment day, when it will be more severe.

We can see deeds and hear words. Those are what may be judged by the Ekklesia within the Ekklesia (not those outside Ekklesia - it is written that Yahuweh judges those outside Ekklesia).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
All the deeds and words spoken will be judged, and for Ekklesia are supposed to be judged already today, not waiting for judgment day, when it will be more severe.

We can see deeds and hear words. Those are what may be judged by the Ekklesia within the Ekklesia (not those outside Ekklesia - it is written that Yahuweh judges those outside Ekklesia).
what are you talking

Upvote 0

Mark_CB

Jul 19, 2018
Austin
✟18,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I met a girl who was a missionary recently. You'd think missionary = pure at heart.

I got her number. I texted her. And guess what? All she was interested in was my finances. More interested in them than who I am as a person. Asking very specific financial questions. And we're talking the 3rd or 4th text. Extremely concerning to me. Remember, most people, religious or not, are out there just trying to get as much as they can.

If you find someone you like who believes (or even doesn't), and likes you for who you are not what you can do for them, whether they go to church much or never, consider yourself lucky.

Upvote 0