Tongues: Why doesn't Satan understand it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
While I'm here, how does one know whether they can speak in tongues or not?
Its a Gift which God can give as also the Gift of healing is given by God.
God the Father wants to give His children good things.

We tend to think we should deserve, earn the right, work up skill levels over what God gives us. But the way He chooses to bring His Presence into our lives is usually voluntary and simple. Based on grace. Based on asking.

Upvote 0

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Satan IMHO does not understand the private praying in tongues OR the ordinary prayers we pray in English. He is locked out,out of ear shot.
I have spoken to several Christians who some times fear to pray because they worry Satan will hear them and then get them. I always reassure them that The Holy Spirit stands over the child of God at all times to protect and guard them.
What they pray to God is Private between God and them only.

I'm really curious about this...could you provide scriptural support? Thanks!

Upvote 0

Ariellamb

My Father is the Gardener
Nov 21, 2009
A stranger & a pilgrim sojourning near Cambridge
✟20,581.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm really curious about this...could you provide scriptural support? Thanks!

Hi there
I base my thinking upon 3 different criteria

As I'm sure you are aware there is no exact chapter and verse,but is my personal opinion on the matter.

1/ In Job 1&2 Satan was asked first from God what he thought of Job
and Satan screwed it up big time in not knowing Job at all,he was just trying it on pretending he knew something which he didn't.
Ps 91 & many other scriptures where God promises to Wall around and protect His own under His very own feathers from the evil one.
Call upon me and I will answer thee and show thee Gr8 & mighty things which thou knowest not. God does not let Satan ear ol in on private conversations is my belief,else what assurance would we have that we were not feeding the Lions also?
2/ Personal Experience in spiritual warfare
3/ The testimony of others also in that we are Enveloped by God.

A Roman Catholic may well add another thought being that, in the confessional it is a private matter between the two only,so much more it would be when we share secret things with God.

Upvote 0
Feb 11, 2010
✟7,630.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Teaspill: They are just misinformed. There is nothing in the Bible to suggest that Satan doesn't understand tongues. Paul talks about not understanding what he is praying when he prays in tongues, but that does not necessarily mean that Satan does not understand. (I Corinthians 14:14&15) This is the only passage where I think they may have come up with that idea. Maybe they think that because Paul couldn't understand what he was saying so they assume satan doesn't either.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.