Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Since this is offensive enough to be deleted from OBOB, I thought I'd post it here.

We've all heard what Tom did regarding South Park. My post was why are we not willing to do for truth what others are willing to do for a lie?

Not really sure why it was deleted, but perhaps we can take it up here?

9-iron

Football Fan
Jun 14, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟4,518.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My post was why are we not willing to do for truth what others are willing to do for a lie?

True! Very provoking thought. My answer is society is accepting of all religions, but it will always hate the true religion. Tom can make a stand without a lot of fear of reprecussion. Good ole Tom, he is taking a stand for his beliefs is how society views this.

Have a Christian do the same and he will be subject to all kinds of scrutiny.

Since this is offensive enough to be deleted from OBOB

What does OBOB mean?

Upvote 0

9-iron

Football Fan
Jun 14, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟4,518.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's funny how he will stand up for some things, yet divorce his wife, get his girlfriend pregnant and not marry her yet.....

Is it just me because I think guys like Cruise, Travolta, etc. have gone total section 8!!! Hmm, must be the scientology thing!!:D I mean Travolta has made some messed up stuff the last 7-8 years. I mean some serious wierd stuff. Makes an acid trip seem like a day at the park!!!

Upvote 0

Shalia

Veteran
Sep 7, 2004
Utah
✟9,882.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
OK, I might get some serious hatred for admitting to watching South Park, but I love the show. <blush>

I had NO CLUE what Scientologists actually believed regarding mental illness and strange alien beings attaching themselves to early man and stuff. It was the WEIRDEST STUFF I'd ever heard. And I live in the Land O' Mormons.

I'm guessing that part of the reason they wanted that episode pulled is cause it explained some of their beliefs that are so off the cracker that you usually have to be pretty far into the cult and several thousand dollars into the auditing in order to learn. State secrets given away in one fell swoop and all that jazz.

<How ANYONE could take that stuff seriously! Yeesh!!>

Upvote 0

9-iron

Football Fan
Jun 14, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟4,518.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
pulled is cause it explained some of their beliefs that are so off the cracker that you usually have to be pretty far into the cult

I've actually read some of Hubbard's stuff. It is pretty circular in nature IMO! Says a lot about nothing, but then again, most false religions do..;)

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Shalia said:
I had NO CLUE what Scientologists actually believed regarding mental illness and strange alien beings attaching themselves to early man and stuff. It was the WEIRDEST STUFF I'd ever heard. And I live in the Land O' Mormons.

Don't feel bad. I live just a few miles away from their North American headquarters in Clearwater, Florida. I've lived here for over 20 years, and I still can't tell you specifics of what they believe.

To me they were always just a bunch of clones wearing the same thing, walking around downtown in clumps of blue. However, I do believe they are doing a bit better because they have started incorporating a few other colors in the last few years.

It just seems to me that if they actually believe that if what they got is so good then why are they hiding it from everyone else.

They get angry when they are given the slightest little criticism but we Christians are expected to take all we get as a "joke". (I'll probably hear from the Scientology lawyers for this post.)

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,239.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jillymac said:
I heard that the Scientology church believes that when having a baby - and it was being discussed because of Tom Cruise's girlf Katie Holmes - that they are not allowed to make ANY noise whilst in labour...
EH!!!

Yes. Its meant to frighten the baby:eek:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hate to throw a kink in this lovefest for Tom Cruise, but is Tom Cruise our enemy or our mission? Are we to love him as God so loved the world that He gave us His son for it, or are we to hate Tom Cruise because he is an, ugh!, sinner. What do we expect sinners to do, live blood washed lives while they are in their sin? How do we to expect sinners to act, anyhow? Why blame a leper for having leprosy? :confused:

~Jim

Upvote 0

janny108

Feb 7, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟16,224.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Christina M said:
It's funny how he will stand up for some things, yet divorce his wife, get his girlfriend pregnant and not marry her yet.....:scratch: :confused:

Good point. I think it has to do with public image; look at me because I'm doing___, never mind that I did___.
Jan

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Svt4Him said:
My post was why are we not willing to do for truth what others are willing to do for a lie?

Tom Cruise makes between five and six million dollars on a movie. Give me that kind of money and I can afford to take a stand for the truth. My threat to take somone to small claims court does not have the impact that a full scale law suit would have.

Reactions: BarbB
Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jim M said:
Are we to love him as God so loved the world that He gave us His son for it, or are we to hate Tom Cruise because he is an, ugh!, sinner.

We love the sinner, we hate the sin. We need to be carefull when we try to pull them out of sin, they do not pull us down into their sin.

Jude 1:23
And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
JohnR7 said:
We love the sinner, we hate the sin. We need to be carefull when we try to pull them out of sin, they do not pull us down into their sin.

Jude 1:23
And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
Yeah, I know. This is the usual platitude. But then we forget to love the sinner.

~Jim

Reactions: janny108
Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jim M said:
I hate to throw a kink in this lovefest for Tom Cruise, but is Tom Cruise our enemy or our mission? Are we to love him as God so loved the world that He gave us His son for it, or are we to hate Tom Cruise because he is an, ugh!, sinner. What do we expect sinners to do, live blood washed lives while they are in their sin? How do we to expect sinners to act, anyhow? Why blame a leper for having leprosy? :confused:

~Jim

For me personally - I don't hate Tom Cruse - I dislike his beliefs, although he is free to have them, but for someone to take the country that gave them their riches, that makes them feel soooo superior, and bash it with every word that comes out of his mouth is beyond my patience.

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sharon, Thanx for your views.

Did you ever read that &#8221;The god of this age hats blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them,&#8221; 2 Cor. 4.4. Are we blaming a blind person for their blindness? Why not blame the one who blinded him?

How about this, &#8220;We do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places&#8221; (Eph. 6.12). We are fighting/hating the wrong person when we fight/hate Tom Cruise. Our warfare is with the devil, not his victims.

~Jim

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.