United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Has he prayed for amputees?
Yes. In this case, there were no physical results, but I was deeply impressed by the boldness of Todd's faith. I think that that man went home thinking "At least he tried", and feeling a bit of the compassion of God, that he had been loved, and that perhaps there was hope after all.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just been watching some stuff on him.

He said that it took 3 months of no one getting healed and 500 people before he saw his first "miracle" or "healing" (leg growing out).

Now he has lots...

a) Why is this (the time factor before this thing manifests)

b) Why are the miracles always low key..in the nicest sense. ie backs, legs, hands, shoulders etc.

BUT NEVER IT SEEMS AN AMPUTEE GETTING HIS HAND or ARM growing back ?

Just wondered...:thumbsup:
--faith -- its faith growing

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was thinking about this thread..... Another element here is, it's not the healer's decision who is healed. Todd can't just wake up one morning and say to himself, "I'm gonna go find some amputees to heal." As Jesus said, "the Son can do nothing by himself;
he can do only what he sees his Father doing." (John 5:19)
that is a very good point . God however does use "our going", he knew we would and he uses it .

Upvote 0

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
First of all, there ARE amputees getting their arms and legs back, it happens pretty frequently actually. You just don't see them in the States so much because it is a bit harder to believe for something like that to happen, than for pain you can't see to go away. People all around the world are getting whole new body parts, new lungs, hearts, even brains. So, thinking that it is just low key stuff, that's just from a lack of field experience.

Second, there are three reasons why healing can take time. First it could be that when a person first starts trying to get people healed, they don't really understand how healing works, and it takes time to learn so it can happen.
Second, the law of sowing and reaping is very valid today and not just with finances unlike what some people may have you believe. It is the same with healing, if you sow healing through prayers, eventually you will start to reap healing through the manifestation of it. It takes a bit of time to grow.
Third, the other reason could be a situation like Daniel's fast. He decided to seek God, and the Bible says that the answer didn't show up for 21 days because there were demonic forces holding back the answer. Many times you can pray for someone to get healed, and the devil resists, and tries to delay it. It turns into a staring contest so to speak, the problem is that in North America you guys live in a microwave society and want everything instantly and don't want to be patient, you definitely don't want to wait 21 days or a month or more for something to happen. SO, you back down and give up deciding that it wasn't the will of God for that person to be healed, when in fact it ALWAYS is the will of God for healing, but there is spiritual warfare involved and if you stay firm it will absolutely happen.

So that's why. There could be other factors like sin in the life of the person praying and so on, but in the end, those are the basics.

Alan
http://www.newheightsministries.net

This was a terrifically short and to-the-point answer. I am from the US and I certianly agree with your "microwave society" comment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First of all, there ARE amputees getting their arms and legs back, it happens pretty frequently actually. You just don't see them in the States so much because it is a bit harder to believe for something like that to happen, than for pain you can't see to go away. People all around the world are getting whole new body parts, new lungs, hearts, even brains. So, thinking that it is just low key stuff, that's just from a lack of field experience.

Second, there are three reasons why healing can take time. First it could be that when a person first starts trying to get people healed, they don't really understand how healing works, and it takes time to learn so it can happen.
Second, the law of sowing and reaping is very valid today and not just with finances unlike what some people may have you believe. It is the same with healing, if you sow healing through prayers, eventually you will start to reap healing through the manifestation of it. It takes a bit of time to grow.
Third, the other reason could be a situation like Daniel's fast. He decided to seek God, and the Bible says that the answer didn't show up for 21 days because there were demonic forces holding back the answer. Many times you can pray for someone to get healed, and the devil resists, and tries to delay it. It turns into a staring contest so to speak, the problem is that in North America you guys live in a microwave society and want everything instantly and don't want to be patient, you definitely don't want to wait 21 days or a month or more for something to happen. SO, you back down and give up deciding that it wasn't the will of God for that person to be healed, when in fact it ALWAYS is the will of God for healing, but there is spiritual warfare involved and if you stay firm it will absolutely happen.

So that's why. There could be other factors like sin in the life of the person praying and so on, but in the end, those are the basics.

Alan
http://www.newheightsministries.net
yup pretty dern good reply .. it is ALWAYS the will of God to heal and do good -God does not DO evil .
it is never the lack of faith in the person we pray for ..it is our own lack .
nor is is lack of forgivness in the person being prayed for -its just our own lack of faith again.
God heals :)

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Regardless if anyone is actually physically healed or not, Todd shows us just how Jesus probably dealt with the sick and lost. Todd cannot heal but God can. So...
1. Todd is doing what Jesus did. We should too
2. If God wants to heal them-He will...its not about us.

I do believe that sometimes God heals folks through us, but deep in my heart I think that these cases are kind of rare. BUT...I believe that just prior to or during the great tribulation that God will be using ALL of us to heal others with 100% success.
Its just not quite time yet.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Regardless if anyone is actually physically healed or not, Todd shows us just how Jesus probably dealt with the sick and lost. Todd cannot heal but God can. So...
1. Todd is doing what Jesus did. We should too
2. If God wants to heal them-He will...its not about us.

I do believe that sometimes God heals folks through us, but deep in my heart I think that these cases are kind of rare. BUT...I believe that just prior to or during the great tribulation that God will be using ALL of us to heal others with 100% success.
Its just not quite time yet.
it is absolutely time .. NOW . check this out .. its a doco of the last 4 or 5 years it is spreading like wild fire ,it has no denomination no building focus no singular gathering ,no money gathering, no prosperity teachings . its focuses on preaching the gospel healing the sick driving out demons baptising people and seeing them baptised in the holy ghost with tongues and making more deciples .. literally thousands upon thousands have been getting healed and delivered the full movie is to be released soon in end of february .. absolutely free .

Reactions: camphigrades
Upvote 0

rollytan

Mar 31, 2011
✟15,220.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
For those here that are after the Truth, the Lord Jesus Christ, you'll hear what's needed about Todd White and his mentor Dan Mohler here:

Dr. Frankenstein and His Creation (Todd White)

Neither one of these men know the Lord Jesus Christ. Have they had a genuine experiences? Certainly, but it's of another spirit. They are both sincere as men can be sincere, but they are wrong, deluded, and entirely cut off from Jesus Christ, having never known Him.

For such ones are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. Did not even Satan marvelously transform himself into an angel of light? (2 Corinthians 11:13-14 MKJV)

Both Todd and Dan speak many true things. The one element they lack is the cross. While they preach about the cross, they've never picked it up themselves. Though Todd offers his body to be burned in "ministry" he does so for himself.

Read: The Cross - Only the Death Sentence Will Avail

Upvote 0

rollytan

Mar 31, 2011
✟15,220.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
it is absolutely time .. NOW . check this out .. its a doco of the last 4 or 5 years it is spreading like wild fire ,it has no denomination no building focus no singular gathering ,no money gathering, no prosperity teachings . its focuses on preaching the gospel healing the sick driving out demons baptising people and seeing them baptised in the holy ghost with tongues and making more deciples .. literally thousands upon thousands have been getting healed and delivered the full movie is to be released soon in end of february .. absolutely free .

Read: The Baptism of Torben, of God or Men?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Mar 14, 2012
over here in Texas
✟63,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have a friend who was spontaneously healed of a brain tumor at a service at my church. Not only was she healed, but the scar from the examinations disappeared, and the hair that had been shaved at that spot reappeared. This was a couple of years ago. She posted before and after photos on facebook. It was truly amazing. I cannot believe that this was an isolated incident - there is just no systematic international forum for reporting this stuff, and even if there were, not everyone has access to a cell phone with a camera - I don't have one.
I know of a woman whose son was healed from a brain tumor too. A few saints from the church where I attended basically went to the hospital and prayed for him. They did it as simple servants of the Lord - making no noise about their comings and goings praying for others. No lights, cameras rolling, no video footage, nothing with media appeal - just people simply going to do the will of the Lord. To this day, few people, if barely any know who those individuals were who prayed for that man, who went back to work and led a normal life afterward. God and God alone received glory as He intends.

Upvote 0

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are these your articles? If the author have something bad to say about a man, why not put some substance to the allegations. You write "Torben makes friends for himself and not for the Living Resurrected Lord of all." The whole article is full of assertions like there. Where do you present any false doctrine he taught, or quotes from him at all in the article. The article just impugns his motives and makes allegations against him, but with no evidence.

The article says, "The Lord and His apostles never walked up to people and offered to heal them in order to demonstrate the power of God or to prove He loved them."

First of all, what right does the author have to say such a thing? How could he know that? We do know that Peter walked up to a crippled man and healed him. The Bible tells of God testifying to the message with signs and wonders. I have seen some Torben videos, where he asks God to heal the individual as a testimony in Jesus' name.

Something I don't see in the Bible is where any of the apostles wrote web pages condemning preachers without any substantial allegation of sin or false teaching, either.

Upvote 0

rollytan

Mar 31, 2011
✟15,220.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
" For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." Matt 7:2

Got enough going on. I don't need to bring more onto myself.

What do you make of these commandments towards those that would follow Him?

Do not judge according to sight, but judge righteous judgment. (John 7:24 MKJV)

And Enoch, the seventh from Adam, also prophesied to these, saying, Behold, the Lord came with myriads of His saints, to do judgment against all, and to rebuke all the ungodly of them concerning all their ungodly works which they ungodly did, and concerning all the hard things ungodly sinners spoke against Him. (Jude 1:14-15 MKJV)

The Scripture you posted isn't a prohibition against judging, but rather against judging by appearance.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
@rollytan

"The Lord and His apostles never walked up to people and offered to heal them in order to demonstrate the power of God or to prove He loved them."​

Except when He did. As with the lame man by the pool of Bethesda in Jn 5, or the woman bent over in Lk 13. Or doubtless countless other times either recorded or not. If you're going to live by the letter, and condemn others by it, you might want to get it right. Todd and Dan have helped a lot of people. So far you've got three posts here, all contentious.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rollytan

Mar 31, 2011
✟15,220.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Your take. Everybody's entitled to their own.

You are wrong, tturt. Your "take", unless it is the same as the Lord's, is merely your opinion, which is adding to or taking away from the Lord's words.

Do not add to His Words, lest He reprove you and you be found a liar. (Proverbs 30:6 MKJV)

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2012
over here in Texas
✟63,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The article says, "The Lord and His apostles never walked up to people and offered to heal them in order to demonstrate the power of God or to prove He loved them."
There was that man who couldn't get into the pool in Bethsaida where the angel troubled the water. That man couldn't approach Jesus, let alone anybody else. Nobody had helped him move toward the waters in a long time. John 5:6

It appears Jesus approached him. Just thought y'all might want a point of reference that shows Jesus really did approach people and showed His compassion for them and the power of God for them.

Reactions: Alithis
Upvote 0

Jason Sanders

Dec 26, 2015
Toms River
✟8,409.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am always astounded by the sheer silliness of the arguments against healing ministries/ministers- it's strange to think that so many people would choose to believe that the power of Satan is greater than that of God's own Spirit and utterly baffling that they would attack the integrity anyone who disagrees with their point of view by claiming all their healings are done through demonic spirits. As Christ once said when the Pharisees accuse him of similar things "A house divided against itself cannot stand." Truly it is a sad thing to be so deceived as to not see the plainest of truths when it is right before you.

Reactions: paul1149
Upvote 0

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are wrong, tturt. Your "take", unless it is the same as the Lord's, is merely your opinion, which is adding to or taking away from the Lord's words.

It's the same for you. Your opinion is your opinion. If you are more opinionated than the next guy, it doesn't make you right.

Do not add to His Words, lest He reprove you and you be found a liar. (Proverbs 30:6 MKJV)

That's true for you, too. Don't add to His Words either.

Reactions: Alithis
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well thats embarrassing..you sent me to what amounts to an online cult which charges God with doing evil in its statement of doctrine and promotes universalism.
Doesnt appear to Do any of the things the lord Jesus tells us to do but spends its time talking all others down.
Not exactly going to convinvce me of anything there sorry.
Off set that with the number of people i have laid hands on and prayed for and seen healed and the even greater number the gospel has been preached to ,both actions of obedience .and weighing it up...
Nothing about the website you sent a link to holds any weight or water whatever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0