To our RCIA cadidates and catechumens...

ZooMom

Thanks for the memories...
Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Welcome! :angel:

I saw another thread where several people mentioned changing their icon because they were in RCIA, and rather than miss someone by trying to greet you individually...I thought I would give a shout to you all at once. :) :hug: God's Grace and Christ's Peace be with you on your faith journey, and my prayers and many blessings go with you! :wave:

Sandy

Reader Antonius

Lector et Didascalus
Nov 26, 2007
Patriarchate of Old Rome
Visit site
✟32,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I would like to note that, for all you catechumens and candidates out there that, if you are in RCIA, you have every right to call yourself a "Catholic" (in the sense of belonging to the Church in some way). As the Catechism puts it:

1249 Catechumens "are already joined to the Church, they are already of the household of Christ, and are quite frequently already living a life of faith, hope, and charity." "With love and solicitude mother Church already embraces them as her own."

CCC Search Result - Paragraph # 1249

So, as far as I am concerned, feel free to put the Jerusalem Cross on your religion icon. :D

Upvote 0

Daniel25

Mar 1, 2011
✟1,091.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
i took tommorow off and am driving far far away to a bascilia to do my first confession. Being legitimately baptised as a prot but converting later in life means you have done a lot of stuff you have to confesses :-/. It's a weird state of inbetweenness i think after confession but not being still able to recieve the eucharist, so i'm planning to fill up the time between now and the vigil with penance. God knows i've done enough to warrant it.

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
i took tommorow off and am driving far far away to a bascilia to do my first confession. Being legitimately baptised as a prot but converting later in life means you have done a lot of stuff you have to confesses :-/. It's a weird state of inbetweenness i think after confession but not being still able to recieve the eucharist, so i'm planning to fill up the time between now and the vigil with penance. God knows i've done enough to warrant it.
God bless you with His Presence and peace :crossrc:

Upvote 0

Daniel25

Mar 1, 2011
✟1,091.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think I did a very good confession. I got some of the big items, but not all of them. I thought a lot of what I wanted to say but when I started talking I got all mixed up. Maybe I should make a list or something. I suppose its good that I didn't take communion at this time, I will have a few more attempts to correct and get properly done my confession before easter vigil.

Anywho, here is some pictures of the basicila I was at. There was a mass and eucharistic adoration, and was all very cool. (I got it from their website, I wasn't snapping photos haha)

Its basically a huge church on top of a icy hill:

Holy_Hill.jpg

IMG_0552.JPG

IMG_0561.JPG

IMG_0564.JPG

IMG_0563.JPG

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
What a beautiful Basilica ~ I love the murals, seeing I am a Secular Order Carmelite :)

Don't feel badly ...it is the first time, and the priest should have been guiding you as well.
Absolution covers all sins, even if some are not confessed because of forgetting etc.
It is only in the conscious effort to withhold a sin that you would not be absolved.

Lists can be helpful, though guard against being too scrupulous!
It is the attitude of the heart....knowing something is wrong and having the intention to correct it in the future with God's grace that matters.
Focusing on the major areas of weakness.....but not getting hung up on details.

Praying that you will come to love this Sacrament, for the grace and direction you receive;embracing the Lord's peace and spiritual healing :crossrc:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums