May 16, 2015
✟120,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship

True, Moses' real mother had time to circumcise him before sending him adrift..
What makes you rule out Aaron's father as the one wielding the surgical knife? Way back then there weren't any women Israeli surgeons ;)

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
What makes you rule out Aaron's father as the one wielding the surgical knife? Way back then there weren't any women Israeli surgeons ;)
You are probably more right than I to point to the father as the one who does the deed... after all Moses' wife was upset that her husband had not yet done it to his grown boys yet.

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You are probably more right than I to point to the father as the one who does the deed... after all Moses' wife was upset that her husband had not yet done it to his grown boys yet.
Ahh,
That's not fair sis.
Perhaps he was simple conerned that he wouldn't be Gentle enough for the task and had more Faith in his wife to do so.

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Given his wife's attitude, she saw it was Moses' job.
true,
i imagine only moses wife new the rib of his weakness.

Then again we may be able to learn that this may be a signal of preperation before returning egypt.
Perhaps this account points to a specific appointed time and occasion of preparation for the young men of the family.

I know there has been a whole lot of quarreling about this occasion.
And confusion about why it is not observed by some.

But as i once told a very kind young lady, women are not circumcised.

Even with that said, They still Get to sit with Their Husbands at the Lords Table.

I wonder what tziperah would sing of after Seeing our Lord.

“In addition, the Father who sent me has himself testified on my behalf. But you have never heard his voice or seen his shape; 38 moreover, his word does not stay in you, because you don’t trust the one he sent.
All the people experienced the thunder, the lightning, the sound of the shofar, and the mountain smoking. When the people saw it, they trembled. Standing at a distance, 16 (19)
they said to Moshe, “You, speak with us; and we will listen. But don’t let God speak with us, or we will die.”

Ole Paul the pharisee speaks of specific time, To an audience that knows the Torah of Spirit(law)..
And Emphatically tells them that Yeshua has Risen from the Grave and Forgiven the people for not being patient.
Has forgiven them for asking moses to go up in their stead.
Fullfilled a Mystery that only the Heart Knows

Forgiven them for their lack of Trust in Him in that Fateful day.

To Moshe [Adonai] said, “Come up to Adonai — you, Aharon, Nadav, Avihu, and seventy of the leaders of Isra’el. Prostrate yourselves at a distance, 2 while Moshe alone approaches Adonai — the others are not to approach, and the people are not to go up with him.” 3 Moshe came and told the people everything Adonai had said, including all the rulings. The people answered with one voice: “We will obey every word Adonai has spoken.”

48 planks of Gold with silver foundations
Where was the blood of the Lamb?
Moshe wrote down all the words of Adonai. He rose early in the morning, built an altar at the base of the mountain and set upright twelve large stones to represent the twelve tribes of Isra’el. 5 He sent the young men of the people of Isra’el to offer burnt offerings and sacrifice peace offerings of oxen to Adonai. 6 Moshe took half of the blood and put it in basins; the other half of the blood he splashed against the altar. 7 Then he took the book of the covenant and read it aloud, so that the people could hear; and they responded, “Everything that Adonai has spoken, we will do and obey.” 8 Moshe took the blood, sprinkled it on the people and said, “This is the blood of the covenant which Adonai has made with you in accordance with all these words.”
9Moshe, Aharon, Nadav, Avihu and seventy of the leaders went up; 10 and they saw the God of Isra’el.
Under his feet was something like a
sapphire stone pavement as clear as the sky itself.

11 He did not reach out his hand against these notables of Isra’el; on the contrary, they saw God, even as they were eating and drinking.

Upvote 0