Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I was born Catholic went to church every Sunday , i was abused by a priest as well as being abused by others as well left went homeless and left the church , did drugs and followed Wicca got clean and followed Islam for a while
I also have mental health problems DID /MPD , PTSD , Depression , Psychosis and OCD ,
Am also transgender ( gender queer meaning am both male and female i was born female )
came back to the church my OCD makes me have blasphemous thoughts and other stuff
I have friends who are LGBT and i have family who are as well i love them all and id hate to think there going to hell because of who they are
i do however feel that abortion is wrong but i don't give those who have had one a hard time over it
i believe in using condoms and other ways of not getting pregnant ( my husband had to have the snip because i dont want a child to go through mental health problems and am scared that id be a bad mothers because of my mental health
I also believe that the use of condoms are vital in stopping HIV/AIDS

you may agree or disagree with me
i hope its ok for me to be here

Upvote 0

pastor marty

May 18, 2015
✟1,571.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know if I qualify as a liberal Catholic or not. I have huge doubts that I struggle with -- I would like to be just a normal everyday Catholic. I usually come online and defend orthodoxy as a way to encourage myself to bend that way. However, it might be nice to have a forum where I can relax a little, too, and admit where I'm really at.
I 2 wore a star of David prior to my crucifix."Jews 4 Jesus,"(Moshe Raban,Greenwhich Village,NY-1966)

Upvote 0

pastor marty

May 18, 2015
✟1,571.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was born Catholic went to church every Sunday , i was abused by a priest as well as being abused by others as well left went homeless and left the church , did drugs and followed Wicca got clean and followed Islam for a while
I also have mental health problems DID /MPD , PTSD , Depression , Psychosis and OCD ,
Am also transgender ( gender queer meaning am both male and female i was born female )
came back to the church my OCD makes me have blasphemous thoughts and other stuff
I have friends who are LGBT and i have family who are as well i love them all and id hate to think there going to hell because of who they are
i do however feel that abortion is wrong but i don't give those who have had one a hard time over it
i believe in using condoms and other ways of not getting pregnant ( my husband had to have the snip because i dont want a child to go through mental health problems and am scared that id be a bad mothers because of my mental health
I also believe that the use of condoms are vital in stopping HIV/AIDS

you may agree or disagree with me
i hope its ok for me to be here
GOD give U a super blessing 4 UR faith/confession/prayer 4 understanding. My big-bro JESUS says,"My adopted sister, Mary Magdalaine,found my empty tomb & seen me 1st." Pretty special thing 2 happen 2 an ex-hooker if ya' ask me. Is the LORD as kind as I believe HE is or as "damn-em'-all" as the Saducees say. I'm willing 2 die 2 find out. I am honored 2 chat w/U

Upvote 0

pastor marty

May 18, 2015
✟1,571.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good morning all

The political conservatives over at OBOB seem to consider me a Liberal. Likewise, the political liberals over there seem me as a Conservative. I am not sure I fit into either slot.

I am interested to read here in this forum.
A Liberservative; huh ! Lions & tigers & bears ;Oh,my !! We had a wonderful slang term in the 50's, "ya' got moxie "Last I looked; questions don't qualify as sins (unless U obey "shariah law ") in which case go eat a bucket o'worms & report 2 yer nearest "ISIS" represenative 4 beheading. B/Ye/Blessed ! pastor marty

Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was on this forum a lot before it disappeared for a few years. Very glad it is back. I am here for many of the same reasons as others. I want to be able to discuss our faith and the church without being accused of being a heretic or anti-Catholic. Despite the multitude of things considered dogma or unchangeable doctrine, much has changed in Catholicism, and much can be discussed and debated. Jesus did NOT tell us what to BELIEVE, but rather how we should live in relation to others and how we should respond to God.

I hope my old friends will be on this forum, and that many new friends will be made.

Upvote 0

Julie.S

Jan 19, 2016
Pennsylvania
✟21,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am called liberal but yet just a normal Catholic and Christian by others. I do not like abortion but when the case of someone getting raped is thrown in to the mix I am on the fence. When rape is thrown into anything it changes it for me.
I wonder if there are others with a similar view here then in other places. I feel a little scared of posting that in other places.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I had this sneaking suspicion that Catholicism was more than just being obedient to doctrine and the Church. After spending time on OBOB, I was starting to think (like Martinius), that I too was a just a heretic, lacking all reverence. A "bad" catholic. What a relief to find out that I may not be a heretic after all. And to discover that my slant on things is similar to our vicar of Christ ,Pope Francis. Well, that was like winning the lottery!

Last edited:
Reactions: anjelica
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Abortion seems to be the biggest issue for a lot of people. It is so easy to sound flippant, irresponsible as if you don't care. But I think liberals do care and do suffer crises of conscience.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi. I am not a Catholic, but I would like to hang out here as a guest. I think I may fit in here better.
Welcome. This forum doesn't get a lot of traffic, but perhaps you can add some interesting threads. :)

Upvote 0

One Voice Among Many1

Nov 16, 2015
✟20,953.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Welcome. This forum doesn't get a lot of traffic, but perhaps you can add some interesting threads. :)

Thank you for the warm welcome. I appreciate it.

I already started a new thread and I have a couple of ideas for other new threads.

Upvote 0