Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said, If you give to my people, feed them, cloth them, visit them in prison, Take them in. So on, you will be rewarded with the kingdom of heaven .

But if you don't do any of these things then you will go to hell.

The church Is Gods people, end of debate.
And at that rate, are the whole church in need of food and clothes?? If they are, then they ain’t in prison lol Besides, what I see in church are people dressing in their Sunday best. If they can afford 3 piece suits, then they can afford food.
You sir mis interpet that scripture because what your basically saying is if I don’t fund the lavish lifestyle that most Christians have, I’m going to hell.? If I don’t give the pastor 10% of my income I’m going to hell?
It’s ok for the pastor and his family to take 2 foreign holidays a year but that’s ok because I’m going to hell and it’s a lot hotter than where there going lol

When Christians in biblical times were put in jail, they were sent not because they were criminals, but because they were / are persecuted. In prison, you were not given clothes and if nobody brought you food, chances were that you were left to rot. Visiting Christians in prison with food and clothes could see you chucked in jail too because the very reason why the Christian you were visiting was put in jail in the first place was because he was doing good in Gods name, the same thing you were now doing.
What Christ Jesus is saying in this scripture is when you see one of our own that either starving or has no clothing, to support them. If they are sick, attend them, if they are in prison being persecuted, visit them. It’s all about showing Gods people support and encouragement to keep on going.
At this rate of teaching I might get 2 holidays a year too ha ha ha ha, I couldn’t resist

Reactions: Johnsloan
Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You clearly miss mine, and one of the major points I'm making is your assumptions due to being overzealous, just like you assume I give a church 10% of my earnings when I do not, or that I even go to a conventional church for that matter, when you have no reason to.
Sorry man, I’m not sure if you give or not and I don’t need to know. That’s between you and God but I can’t stress enough that tithing was never about money and it was only required of farmers, Shepard’s, and kings who after taken over another kings land had obtained there riches. Plunders of war was the only other requirement of tithing. It was never about the income of its people rather for the people to have a fair share of crops, herbs, spices, wheat, lambs, goats, birds, and Riches such as silver and gold, or stuff of value.
The reason God wanted this was because in biblical times, people were very poor and or were unable to obtain food to eat, sacrifices to offer and for the leader/kings not to buy up everything with his wealth and become a tyrant. God knew what best way to keep a society running in those times. That’s why He requires only those who had crops, animals and gold to give to the people. It kept farmers working, Shepard’s flocking, kings ruling properly and the rest took care of itself. In return, the other members of that society were able to help the sick, make clothing, make wine so water could be sanitized, make houses etc
Feed and pay your people and your people will build you your country.
It’s the same today. We work in all sorts of jobs to receive wealth. With wealth we can buy the food and clothes. We have many different skills. We build houses, we heal people etc. This is what keeps a society going.
On the contrary, look at what tyrant leaders have their country in!! RUINS

No such thing as tithing today because we still have the principals of the very purpose of it in biblical times.
Jesus commands that we give with a cheerful heart. A rule of thumb is to give to those who need it, not want it
It’s unfortunate that many Christian churches today teach tithing is 10% of your income and it’s required of everybody and the only people getting rich are the leaders whilst the dumb goats sow their wages to the pastors believing God will bless them richly.
Guess what goats, He already blessed you richly. He crucified His own Son to save you from hell and ye have the audacity to ask God to make you rich in this world?. Your asking God to bless you with the 2 very things God abhors which are Money and the enjoyment of this world? Oh their lost God, please save them from their deceptions.

So sorry if I’m a bit overzealous bro, but it bothers me the greediness that’s in mans heart that he would rip off another to gain wealth in this life. Money is key because it’s the driving force of the worlds societies but it becomes a God in some people’s lives when in fact it’s worth nothing more than toilet paper.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Many Christians believe that we are told to tithe. ...
Moreso, we are commanded to return the holy tithe, but one must look on the side of love and character of God.

... Will said believers come along and quote the scriptures that tell us that we are ment to tithe? ...
Sure, if that is what you really want, but I want to know specificially, if I share with you the evidence from scripture [KJB] and it is convincing, would you publically repent of your present position and return the holy tithe unto God? I would need a "Yea", or a "Nay", and once "Yea", we may begin to look together, and I pray you would follow through with such once shown to you.

... And we shall have a little debate or teaching call it what you like. ...
The bible [KJB] has something to say about "debate", but I would rather have an open study, with honest questions, with sincerity and truth. However, if you are rather looking for a David, to cut off the head of a philistine attitude of mockery, in God's providence [who gives gifts unto to good and the wicked] and by God's grace I am sure He would provide such a person to you, for ask and it shall be given, seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened. Please be warned however, that the second route will see the great fall of pride and the overthrow of rebellion in a spectacular fashion, as only God may accomplish and possibly the loss of a life forever.

... There could be all manner of theologians in here. ...
I am a simple, and by God's grace, humble, follower of Christ Jesus, who has His word [KJB], and Holy Spirit, whose only schooling in matters of theology, is in the school of Christ, sitting at His feet, even the eden home-school of the prophets.

... I don't know. But what ever appears I hope its the best you got. ...
If it is my best, it would fall far short of the glory of God, but instead, if surrendered to God, a victory for truth cannot but be had, for He goes forth conquering and to conquer, whose majestic weapons when unsheathed, are exceedingly awesome, all-powerful and fearful, blazing forth with unapproachable light.

... As I will destroy tithing with scripture. ...
Some men build up the kingdom of God, and others as covetous thieves, justifying themselves, rob it in the name of God, in God's very presence, thinking they do God service. Some men are deceived, while others are deceivers. I pray you are only the first, and never the second.

The holy tithe cannot be destroyed, and especially not by scripture [KJB]. And if you understood what the holy tithe is, you would understand what I have said.

... So lets have some fun ...
This is a very grave matter, and nothing of levity. The word of God is always serious and prayerful business, especially when it comes to the teachings and doctrines of God, and especially when taught to others, for we are responsible not only for what we practice and teach, but for those whom we have taught who take up those practices, for if we teach to break God's laws, and especially to others, the most solemn and dire consequences will we reap, for we will reap more than we sow, for to sow to the wind, is to reap a whirlwind, and some will receive 30, some 60 and some 100 fold. A great woe is upon all who would lead men to transgress against a holy, holy, holy God, therefore, let us beware, and tread in humility, and teachable character before Him. God is a consuming fire of love.

... and save some cash ...
The holy tithe is much much more than 'cash', though it is of very precious value according to scripture [KJB].

... so we can give it to where scripture tells us to put it. ...
Let all then, who follow the way, the truth and the life, do as scripture [KJB], yea God, commands with the holy tithe.

... Man Jesus I love you. ...
Scriptural love, is not emotionalism, nor a free-lovism, or unholy spiritualized 'love', but rather it is belief and obedience to His word in faith and demonstration, yea, to God's every command, to His perfect will.

... Thank you for setting me free from the lies of tithing.
It was not the spirit of Christ Jesus that did so, but another deceptive spirit that has bound you, ensnared you to think that robbery of God Himself was love, that lawlessness was law-abiding, that disobedience was obedience, that rebellion was righteousness, that sedition was sainthood.

You have not been freed from lies, but rather have accepted lies as truth, and are presently deceived by deceivers, and I say this in all concern, and in all charity [1 Corinthians 13 KJB].

I come to you in the name of the LORD Jesus Christ, for is there not a cause? There are two ways you can take this statment. I pray you choose the way of self-abnegation.

signed,
in God's love which He commendeth to us-ward,
a follower of the Lamb whithersoever He goeth.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,465.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat.jpg

MOD HAT ON
This thread will remain closed due to goading throughout.
MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.