Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You used a poor version . which makes out it was God.
The KJV.
No one is debating what they did or didn't do. You claimed God killed both. with out scripture thats assumption.
We are talking about money. They did not die because of money, they died because they lied to the Holy Spirit.

Act 5:9 Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ☦Marius☦
Upvote 0

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The KJV.

We are talking about money. They did not die because of money, they died because they lied to the Holy Spirit.

Act 5:9 Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.
If they shared all things in common in Peter's church, that meant living quarters, fields, food, clothing etc. Modern priests usually do not share church property with church members except for community worship and social events. If I gave thousands of dollars to a church, I do not expect they will give me one dollar back if I should fall upon hard times. Therefore I make no deals to give all to any church or charity.

Jesus was not a Levite and did not get a tithe. He did get financial support from some of his followers. If one attends church, one ought to bear some of the expenses, unless he/she is too poor to do so and is invited as a guest none the less.

If I do not set foot in that church, I owe them no support.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Many Christians believe that we are told to tithe. Will said believers come along and quote the scriptures that tell us that we are ment to tithe?
And we shall have a little debate or teaching call it what you like. There could be all manner of theologians in here. I don't know. But where ever appears I hope its the best you got.

As I will destroy tithing with scripture.

So lets have some fun and save some cash so we can give it to where scripture tells us to put it. Man Jesus I love you. Thank you for setting me free from the lies of tithing.

Disposing tithing is not an excuse to save money. We are call to give freely regardless. In fact I would dare to say that we should be giving way more than 10%. Give not only to the ministry, but to the poor, to your neighbors, if your enemiesi ask you should be giving them too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it wrong to give 10% of your income to the Church?
Yes,
No, 1 tithing doesn’t equal to 10%, it’s 23%
No. 2 church benefits from something that’s not biblical
No.3 Jesus doesn’t require pastors to get rich
No.4 Jesus tells us feed the poor, not rich organizations
No.5 Jesus would prefer we house the homeless rather than build fancy churches to gather together in
No.6 tithing was/is never about money
No.7 it’s only the leaders/pastors benefit from tithing

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Teaching people to tithe is a sin. So I do have a right. Why are you offended?
Once again you are telling me I said something I never . Please don't do that. Thank you.
I am going to crush the tithing lie in here for all to see. You don't have to read it. I understand that people will get hurt. When being told there church is misteaching at best. And stealing at worst.

I am giving you a chance to defend your stance on tithing?
As yet you can not back up what you or your church believes and teaches. Mind this is not about you. unless you make it.
I am telling you right now there is not a single scripture telling the Christian to tithe.
Not one, none,zero.
Well said bro

Reactions: Johnsloan
Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They lied to the Holy Spirit and were struck down dead.
They were struck down because they knew the truth, yet rebelled
They were struck down because they knew they were ripping off God, yet did so anyway
They were struck down in order to make example of how God deals with unrighteous people

God made an example of them in order we don’t forget not to try,steal,cheat,mock, God

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The verse claims that the early church shared all possessions. That includes money. Remember the story of ananias and sapphira? Literally killed for lying about giving all their possessions? Also in the OT the Temple tax was 10% and while we may not be bound to that law, that doesn't mean it isn't a good policy to personally keep.
Sorry, but your theory is wrong
If you are staying it’s good practice to tithe 10%, then you should up the tithing to 23%, because the Bible mentions multiple tithes that equaled to 23%
1. To the levites
2. For the upkeep and use of the temple
3. For the poor

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I already said that my church doesn't required tithe. That doesn't mean you shouldn't do it as a pious action.

And if you really are trying to say that two people randomly dropping dead after committing a sin doesn't imply they were killed by God then I don't even know what to say.
And if you were homeless/starving/sick,
Would your church fund you to house/feed/medical bills you???. No. Yet the church claims it’s to loom after the /homeless/poor/sick

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes,
No, 1 tithing doesn’t equal to 10%, it’s 23%
No. 2 church benefits from something that’s not biblical
No.3 Jesus doesn’t require pastors to get rich
No.4 Jesus tells us feed the poor, not rich organizations
No.5 Jesus would prefer we house the homeless rather than build fancy churches to gather together in
No.6 tithing was/is never about money
No.7 it’s only the leaders/pastors benefit from tithing

Sorry to say but some are going a bit over the edge on this and that's what the question was designed to bring out. I noticed the OP didn't answer it.

Now show me where it is wrong biblicaly?

I still don't think you have caught on the the actual questions meaning, and due to your overzealous outlook/need to set us straight that question is changed to something other than what it really is in your mind..

Not one point on your list holds any water at all in making it wrong to give a tenth. But at the same time some are good points.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry to say but some are going a bit over the edge on this and that's what the question was designed to bring out. I noticed the OP didn't answer it.

Now show me where it is wrong biblicaly?

I still don't think you have caught on the the actual questions meaning, and due to your overzealous outlook/need to set us straight that question is changed to something other than what it really is in your mind..

Not one point on your list holds any water at all in making it wrong to give a tenth. But at the same time some are good points.
Go ahead, keep giving your church 10% of your earnings if it makes you feel good.
You clearly miss my point

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Go ahead, keep giving your church 10% of your earnings if it makes you feel good.
You clearly miss my point

You clearly miss mine, and one of the major points I'm making is your assumptions due to being overzealous, just like you assume I give a church 10% of my earnings when I do not, or that I even go to a conventional church for that matter, when you have no reason to.

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Jesus said, If you give to my people, feed them, cloth them, visit them in prison, Take them in. So on, you will be rewarded with the kingdom of heaven .

But if you don't do any of these things then you will go to hell.

The church Is Gods people, end of debate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The KJV.

No its not the KJV I used the KJV
We are talking about who killed them. why do you people run round in circles. Is it to save face at the expense of truth?

You said they were killed with you poor version of Scripture that was NOT the KJV. I quoted the KJV.

Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Disposing tithing is not an excuse to save money. We are call to give freely regardless. In fact I would dare to say that we should be giving way more than 10%. Give not only to the ministry, but to the poor, to your neighbors, if your enemiesi ask you should be giving them too.
Who said it is? Why do so many have a comment with out reading the whole thread?

Upvote 0

Johnsloan

Feb 12, 2018
London
✟23,796.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They were struck down because they knew the truth, yet rebelled
They were struck down because they knew they were ripping off God, yet did so anyway
They were struck down in order to make example of how God deals with unrighteous people

God made an example of them in order we don’t forget not to try,steal,cheat,mock, God
Do you have one single scripture to back up that lie? I can tell you right now you don't. God never struck them down. what kind of God do you worship?

But do please try and find one.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you have one single scripture to back up that lie? I can tell you right now you don't. God never struck them down. what kind of God do you worship?

But do please try and find one.
Acts 5:1-11
Show me where is states in this scripture that they died of natural causes ?
Because the way I read it, they were struck down because they lied and conspired together against God, not human beings.
It says it right there

I serve a loving God who absolutely despises sin and I’m lucky He hasn’t killed me already. I deserve worse than those guys in Acts 5. Jesus is clearly on overtime interceding for me
Thank you Lord Jesus for sparing me

• Agree
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.