Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
It is not where is your faith, but in who or what do you have faith in?

As a Christian I have faith/trust in Jesus.

Even the atheist has faith that there is no God, something they cannot know for certain.

The gospel does not promise us health, wealth or popularity, rather the reverse.
Romans 8 v 28, All things work together for good for those who are called according to Gods purpose.
Do you trust God enough that All Things work for your eternal good?
I mean if the bottom falls out of your world, like with Job, will you trust God through that?

No I was quoting God's written Word,not some opinion of doctrine.
FYI when you speak God's Word it is called a Rhema Word.
This defined from Greek means a Word that Jesus directly said.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I agree with you to a point. It is truly important to have faith. I have many times seen the Lord change the weather, in big ways, in fact it's more often than not that He answers those prayers.

But it is way more important to have Jesus in the boat, to learn how to trust in Him through our storms, because that is where we learn how to persevere and to really trust in His provisions. And that is where we REALLY get to see His glory and greatness.
Jesus did not want to stop the storm. He wanted His disciples to stop fearing and trust in Him, even though He was asleep. He only rebuked the storms because the disciples needed it.

Jesus said that an unbelieving and perverse generation looks for signs and wonders. Perseverance through trials creates character, and that is what the Lord is really seeking in a person. Someone who goes through life's storms untouched, not driven to despair, even when the storm is raging around them, because they know that the Lord is looking out for them, not wanting them to perish. I've been there, and it has allowed the Lord to do some deep transformation in me. Lots of fruit. Patience, trust, perseverance, wisdom, courage, love. His power is made perfect in our weakness. We are refined through fire.
The Lord wants His people to trust in Jesus, and who will come to Him, walking on the waves, not asking the Lord to cease the waves.
What did Paul do in his storm? His ship was wrecked, and he decided to trust the Lord through what everyone else thought was a disaster. He did not rebuke the wind. He trusted the Lord.

It's better for us to learn how to persevere rather than ask the Lord to make life easier for us by removing the storms of life. That produces fruit for eternity.

This is exactly what my point is about.
People do not read with understanding because they are distracted,there for their faith is of no use.

What did Jesus expect from his Apostles?

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
In Revelation satan will rise human from death and heal his wound , and he will give power to image of Beast to make it move and do many other miracles . I think you underestimate him , he was in charge of all angels .
2 Thessalonians 2:9
Yes he needs permishion from God to do that but God allow him to punish earth during tribulation , just as he allow him to bully Job to test him .

1 John 4:1
You have to test spirits who do miracles because not all are miracles of God .

Once again :
What is the topic and what did Jesus say?

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Let's try another verse:

Mark: 5. 30. And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes? 31. And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? 32. And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing. 33. But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth. 34. And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.

Was it the faith of Christ or the Faith of the Woman in Christ that healed her?
Do you think Jesus was angry or glad the power went from him on her behalf?
What released such power to heal her affliction?

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
This is exactly what my point is about.
People do not read with understanding because they are distracted,there for their faith is of no use.

What did Jesus expect from his Apostles?
In this situation, I firmly believe that He wanted them to stay quiet and just trust in Him through the storm, even though He was sleeping. They weren't gonna sink, not with Jesus in there, but their faith was too weak.

But of course He knew they weren't gonna be able to do that, so He stopped the storm instead, to increase their faith.

Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
In this situation, I firmly believe that He wanted them to stay quiet and just trust in Him through the storm, even though He was sleeping. They weren't gonna sink, not with Jesus in there, but their faith was too weak.

But of course He knew they weren't gonna be able to do that, so He stopped the storm instead, to increase their faith.

That is a good honest reply,I may not agree with it but your reply had no hidden agenda.
When we can have constructive discussions about God's Word ,everyone can move forward rather than back and fouth.

• Agree
Reactions: Emli
Upvote 0

Faith Alone 1 Cor 15:1-4

Aug 2, 2017
Heaven
✟12,836.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let's try another verse:

Mark: 5. 30. And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes? 31. And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? 32. And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing. 33. But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth. 34. And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.

Was it the faith of Christ or the Faith of the Woman in Christ that healed her?
Do you think Jesus was angry or glad the power went from him on her behalf?
What released such power to heal her affliction?

He was glad , he didn't need to ask who touch me because he knew she will touch him before she even decided that. He said it so people around him can see what just happend . She had faith that he is Messiah and she is not worthy of asking him , but she at least can touch his clothes . This position when she humble herself and believed on him made her be able to be healed .

Same when roman soldier asks Jesus to say a word when his son was dying . He had faith and believed that Jesus does not have to travel with him but he can only speak word and his son will be healed . It's faith without proof.
Many gentiles had more faith than Jews who were seeking after a sign even when Jesus was dying on cross , they told him to come from cross as sign .

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Gobbledegook. How can you belioeve in something without thinking!

What do you not understand about my not believing in any gods? I am not fighting with anything, except people trying to tell me what I think.
We have different Ideas about what belief is.
You assume that belief comes via some mental choice or decisions based on mental agreement.
That is simply false. Most of what we believe is not based on any thought, choice or logic. There are tons of things that we believe that cannot be explained with information, logic, decsions, or choices.
Do not agree? Try to change something you believe by choice and force of will. You cannot do it.
You are quite at the mercy of the truth that you confront. When it comes to beilefs... free will is a illusion. It is myth that we follow because we like to think we are in control.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
He was glad , he didn't need to ask who touch me because he knew she will touch him before she even decided that. He said it so people around him can see what just happend . She had faith that he is Messiah and she is not worthy of asking him , but she at least can touch his clothes . This position when she humble herself and believed on him made her be able to be healed .

Same when roman soldier asks Jesus to say a word when his son was dying . He had faith and believed that Jesus does not have to travel with him but he can only speak word and his son will be healed . It's faith without proof.
Many gentiles had more faith than Jews who were seeking after a sign even when Jesus was dying on cross , they told him to come from cross as sign .

If He knew before hand ,why did he ask who touched me?
Why did the power go from him without his foreknowledge?
Jesus looked at the Woman and said (Daughter thy faith has made there whole)
He did not say Daughter be healed,or command any healing Himself.
All Jesus wanted for mankind was to have faith in God.
Our salvation rest upon receiving God's grace through faith.
Our entire life is based on faith.
To qualify my statement,when you fear anything you have faith that what you fear will come upon you.
If we can have as much faith to know that it's God's will that we have no such fear,we live in the victory Christ died for.

2 Timothy: 1. 7. For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 8. Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 9. Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, 10. But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.

The same will of God applies to many aspects of our lives.
The problem is that not many teach what God's will is,and people believe what they are taught rather than what God's Word says.

If God has not given me something then I do not want it.
It is the devils kingdom that brings fear ,and sickness and every sinful thing.
But man would follow Satan ,because man's pride does not want to submit to God's Word.
God rewards faith in him,and will open blind eyes to the truth.
The reward of pride and Satan is that of destruction.
No where in the New Testament, are we told to pray that Satan not afflict us,yet we are told to have faith in God.
The decision is up to you,choose to deny the power given to us over Death Hell,and the Grave ,or choose another way than Gods will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I don't glory enemy , i said in beginning that everybody even demons know who Jesus is and worship him. And satan can't touch you , because you are sealed with Holy Spirit , in OT people did not have Holy Spirit forever , it could leave just like Daniel was prayng to God to not take away Holy Spirit from him .

If you step in front of a bus can it touch you?
Once again it's up to you,a Christian who is saved by the blood and Baptized in the Holy Ghost ,still can open doors and let unclean Spirits in your life.
If you leave your doors open when going somewhere a robber can enter your house and steal your things.
Satan has come to steal kill and destroy,if it was not true it would not be in The Word.
If you think a repentance years ago ,along with a doctrine will keep the robber away your wrong.
Lock your doors,turn on the alarm.
Sanctify your flesh daily.

Romans: 7. 23. But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25. I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Galatians: 5. 16. This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulful the lust of the flesh. 17. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 18. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. 19. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20. Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21. Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 22. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23. Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I have noticed something about this thread.
Tired of unbelievers is the title.
Many have come to debate,expound their views.
But 2 members of this forum have noticed someone unsaved here ,and the rest brush by.
What's more important to you ?
Debate or witnessing that someone need not spend eternity in the lake of fire?
When Christians gather together we need keep our minds on the main thing,
Life and life more abundantly through Christ, because philosophers make poor evangelist.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Consider the possibility that we have information that you either cannot see or that you refuse to look at.
Happens all the time. My sons are color blind. Cannot see some colors. I suppose they could insist that all of us who see red are crazy and are imagining this "red." Or there may be those who can see all the colors, but just refuse to acknowledge the color red so they can go through red lights.
It might be fun to go through red lights... but it is dangerous and eventually will bite you.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
He was glad , he didn't need to ask who touch me because he knew she will touch him before she even decided that. He said it so people around him can see what just happened . She had faith that he is Messiah and she is not worthy of asking him , but she at least can touch his clothes . This position when she humble herself and believed on him made her be able to be healed.

If I may add...

How did Jesus know beforehand? Because He was God? Yes, He was 100% God, but... He gave up His God attributes and... (walked and operated) on earth as 100% man. If, as God, He would have known but as a human... He perceived. (He felt the power leave!)

Luke 8:43-48
And Jesus said, "Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me."

per·ceive/pərˈsēv/
-discern, become aware of, seen, felt, realize, detect, observe, notice, comprehend, apprehend, sensed, take in, make out, find, identify, hit on, understand, catched site of.

The multitudes were thronging Jesus. That is, they were compressing, and crowding in on all sides, so
it seems strange that He would ask, "Who touched me?" Many people were physically touching Jesus,
but this woman touched His power by FAITH. He "felt" the power of God flow out of Him and heal
her. Many people in the crowd probably needed healing, but this person is the only one mentioned who
received. The difference was the touch of faith. (Andrew Wommack).

Word-of-Faith1_zps3y4drm8y.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Consider the possibility that you are deluded.
I do not refuse to look at any information that is provided; the problem is that all the 'evidence' for gods that I have seen is either anecdotal or easily dismissed as nonsense.
Those who are colour blind can do very simple experiments to determine that the vast majority of people can consistently distinguish items which they themselves see as identical. No experiments have been suggested to show that religious beliefs are anything but wishful thinking. The tired claims that one should "try believing" are nothing more than suggesting self-hypnosis until you manage to delude yourself.

Aside from the adhomeniem responses ,you could not in a lifetime evaluate the spiritual nature of God and how it relates to all believers.
Most of the people here have had supernatural experiences with God ,that are beyond a natural man's ability to understand.
Here is a link but I suspect you will couch it as untrue as well,because your denial of God supersedes logic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Very antagonistic here Pete. Nobody is trying to push anything off on you. If you don't like the discussion.. well, move along! This is, after all, a Christian discussion board. If you feel put upon that we discuss Christian topics... that is unfortunate. If you were a little less defensive you might hear something that enlightens you. I am sure there are plenty of atheist discussion boards where you would have a lot of fellow deniers who have much in common with you. Welcome to stay as far as I am concerned. But don't be surprised if you do not change anyone's mind. We see and feel something you do not. Cannot help that.
I began in faith, but over the years have seen and experienced enough tangible evidence to convince my mind that what my faith says is real. I cannot do that for you. Sorry that you are missing out on all this.
But you have to start with faith... which according to the Christian teaching, is "evidence of things not seen." Nobody is going to cater to your refusal to step out in faith. Evidence comes. But it starts with faith.

I really cannot understand why anyone who does not believe in a topic of discussion, would be so aggressive in trying to debunk it.
Not to mention a topic of which they have no understanding of.
They have not known God so they presume there cannot be God,since they cannot comprehend Him.
It would be like me saying quantum physics are not real,but I have no idea about them.
God loves them anyway.

Reactions: hhodgson
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Faith is mentioned 369 times in my Bible the King James.
God over 1300 and Jesus 1000.
What do people think God wants us to have?
He wants us to know him in Christ over 2300 times,then He wants us to have faith by telling us 369 times.
I have listened to teaching that twist the verses so much that rather than Jesus wanting faith from his disciples, some how the conclusion was it's sure good to have Jesus in the boat when the storms come.

Luke: 8. 23. But as they sailed he fell asleep: and there came down a storm of wind on the lake; and they were filled with water, and were in jeopardy. 24. And they came to him, and awoke him, saying, Master, master, we perish. Then he arose, and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water: and they ceased, and there was a calm. 25. And he said unto them, Where is your faith? And they being afraid wondered, saying one to another, What manner of man is this! for he commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey him.

Mark: 4. 38. And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? 39. And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. 40. And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith? 41. And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?

Two different authors yet synoptic Gospels.

Where is your faith?
How is it that you have no Faith?
I ask all reading this the same question.

I'm tired of over and over telling people God Will heal you ,God will deliver you.
And when the storm passes another one comes and once again ....
Word of Faith gets a huge amount of critics sniping and calling names.
But for the critics ,sick ,broke ,and busted is a way of life for them.
Anyone who says where is your faith and they want to bite your face.
We are those mystic hyper faith people oh stay away.
For me I guess I agree with Jessie Duplantis, I'm the Christian the devil warned you about!
FYI you can speak to the storm,and it will be still.
Well, we cant all move mountains. This guy believes in healing miracles yet he himself is not healed. Why do you think that is? I believe physical healings were a sign of the Lord and his apostles. There are no more apostles. Does God heal today? Sure why not? Will he always heal? Ask this guy...

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Well, we cant all move mountains. This guy believes in healing miracles yet he himself is not healed. Why do you think that is? I believe physical healings were a sign of the Lord and his apostles. There are no more apostles. Does God heal today? Sure why not? Will he always heal? Ask this guy...

I don't have to ask him I have a child born without a hand,she is in her 20s now.

Many sick are made whole,the dead have been raised.
But to each is a measure of power that works in us.
Can God restore limbs yes,can we believe for the impossible and get it?

Ephesians: 3. 19. And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. 20. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't have to ask him I have a child born without a hand,she is in her 20s now.

Many sick are made whole,the dead have been raised.
But to each is a measure of power that works in us.
Can God restore limbs yes,can we believe for the impossible and get it?

Ephesians: 3. 19. And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. 20. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
I heard this man say that God used a man with no arms and legs, to be His arms and legs.

He inspired me to forget my own problems.

Upvote 0
May 21, 2016
Scotland
✟17,121.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I really cannot understand why anyone who does not believe in a topic of discussion, would be so aggressive in trying to debunk it.
Not to mention a topic of which they have no understanding of.
They have not known God so they presume there cannot be God,since they cannot comprehend Him.
It would be like me saying quantum physics are not real,but I have no idea about them.
God loves them anyway.
This sequence started with the claim that "Even the atheist has faith". The only times I post to these forums are when incorrect statements like that are made.
I have no problem with people believing whatever they like, but as soon as they start to use irrational beliefs (and statements which I suspect they know to be false) in an attempt to attack or control other people, then I fight back.
As I predicted earlier, you suggest getting people to come to your beliefs by self-hypnosis: fake it until you make it. If you keep telling yourself anything long enough, you will probably start to believe it.
You mention understanding of the subject. When the subject is so vague and based on countless interpretations of ancient texts, little true understanding is possible. For evidence, consider the tens of thousands of Christian sects around the world, all arguing about differences and all certain they are right. If there were truly understanding to be had, there should be only one.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Every sort and kind of knowledge are ultimately based on suppositions. It is all ultimately faith based. Every true scientist and mathematician understands that at the most basic fundamental level of their knowledge, there are foundations that are simply assumed to be true. Ultimately... all human knowledge is based on faith. People simply choose and agree to accept it as truth.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
But in many instances the suppositions are false. Therefore all conclusions based on these false suppositions are also false or at least skewed. As you know for centuries science thought the world was flat. It was an accepted scientific fact based on the limited knowledge that they had. Eventually this will be found to be true also regarding spiritual things.

I cannot help but to quote Dad Hagin:
A theory is a supposition based on ignorance of fact.
Unquote.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
You know,I find it odd that people who disagree with a opinion are considered to be closed minded.
I really cannot understand why anyone who does not believe in somthing,would waste their time trying to disprove what they do not believe in.
There are many cults and false God's in the world,and if confronted a Christian will preach the Gospel.
Missionaries are called to go and preach among those who have not heard the good news.
But Atheist have a drive to disprove God,I think they would make good Evangelist if they found the truth in Christ their heart is seeking.

Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0