Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Faith is mentioned 369 times in my Bible the King James.
God over 1300 and Jesus 1000.
What do people think God wants us to have?
He wants us to know him in Christ over 2300 times,then He wants us to have faith by telling us 369 times.
I have listened to teaching that twist the verses so much that rather than Jesus wanting faith from his disciples, some how the conclusion was it's sure good to have Jesus in the boat when the storms come.

Luke: 8. 23. But as they sailed he fell asleep: and there came down a storm of wind on the lake; and they were filled with water, and were in jeopardy. 24. And they came to him, and awoke him, saying, Master, master, we perish. Then he arose, and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water: and they ceased, and there was a calm. 25. And he said unto them, Where is your faith? And they being afraid wondered, saying one to another, What manner of man is this! for he commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey him.

Mark: 4. 38. And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? 39. And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. 40. And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith? 41. And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?

Two different authors yet synoptic Gospels.

Where is your faith?
How is it that you have no Faith?
I ask all reading this the same question.

I'm tired of over and over telling people God Will heal you ,God will deliver you.
And when the storm passes another one comes and once again ....
Word of Faith gets a huge amount of critics sniping and calling names.
But for the critics ,sick ,broke ,and busted is a way of life for them.
Anyone who says where is your faith and they want to bite your face.
We are those mystic hyper faith people oh stay away.
For me I guess I agree with Jessie Duplantis, I'm the Christian the devil warned you about!
FYI you can speak to the storm,and it will be still.

• Winner
Reactions: Sarah G

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Many times I have rebuked storms,my rate of success would be impossible if not For Christ telling me I can.

The other night I was heading out for tennis and in Florida this time of year there is always storms in the afternoon.
Someone said yep you going to get rain,my reply no I'm Not!
She then said oh that's right.
I get there my friend says we are going to get rained out,I said no we are not.
My friend does not know what I know.
A storm came our way rumbling,my friend said there it is ,I said it will not come here it will pass.
The storm was close,but instantly a huge rainbow appeared across it in a arch.
I said beautiful rainbow,no reply from my friend.
About when the match was over my friend said looking at the dark clouds a few miles away:
You know that storm came at us and stopped right there and didn't move the whole time!
I didn't say anything but oh yeah I see that.
I don't want my faith to touch him,I want God's faith to show him.
I want him to think for himself and move to Christ.
I hope it sticks because other times I said no storm and the storms went around.
Lol tonight after the match a big lightning cloud came up,he said 3 more games?
I said well maybe ..
At the end of the second game a bolt came down close.
I honestly think he was thinking it's always ok when we are on the courts.
I want to share with him it's God's glory,and let's not tempt God, one day,i know he will see the light of the glorious Gospel, I sow another waters ,and he is a tough one to wittness to.
But God can wittness with signs and wonders that no man can deny.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Where is your faith?
How is it that you have no Faith?

It is not where is your faith, but in who or what do you have faith in?

As a Christian I have faith/trust in Jesus.

Even the atheist has faith that there is no God, something they cannot know for certain.

The gospel does not promise us health, wealth or popularity, rather the reverse.
Romans 8 v 28, All things work together for good for those who are called according to Gods purpose.
Do you trust God enough that All Things work for your eternal good?
I mean if the bottom falls out of your world, like with Job, will you trust God through that?

Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I agree with you to a point. It is truly important to have faith. I have many times seen the Lord change the weather, in big ways, in fact it's more often than not that He answers those prayers.

But it is way more important to have Jesus in the boat, to learn how to trust in Him through our storms, because that is where we learn how to persevere and to really trust in His provisions. And that is where we REALLY get to see His glory and greatness.
Jesus did not want to stop the storm. He wanted His disciples to stop fearing and trust in Him, even though He was asleep. He only rebuked the storms because the disciples needed it.

Jesus said that an unbelieving and perverse generation looks for signs and wonders. Perseverance through trials creates character, and that is what the Lord is really seeking in a person. Someone who goes through life's storms untouched, not driven to despair, even when the storm is raging around them, because they know that the Lord is looking out for them, not wanting them to perish. I've been there, and it has allowed the Lord to do some deep transformation in me. Lots of fruit. Patience, trust, perseverance, wisdom, courage, love. His power is made perfect in our weakness. We are refined through fire.
The Lord wants His people to trust in Jesus, and who will come to Him, walking on the waves, not asking the Lord to cease the waves.
What did Paul do in his storm? His ship was wrecked, and he decided to trust the Lord through what everyone else thought was a disaster. He did not rebuke the wind. He trusted the Lord.

It's better for us to learn how to persevere rather than ask the Lord to make life easier for us by removing the storms of life. That produces fruit for eternity.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Even the atheist has faith that there is no God, something they cannot know for certain."
How many times must it be pointed out that atheists do not have faith? An atheist is someone who has not been convinced by any of the arguments for the existence of gods. That does not mean they have faith that no gods exist, just as not accepting that the number of bricks in a building is even does not mean you accept that the number is odd.

Atheism = A that is no and Theist that is God. Literally an atheist is someone who says there is no God. You may play with words and definitions but to say there is no God requires proof, if you are unable to provide proof you are making a faith based statement.

The definition you have used of an atheist is literally that of an agnostic.
Someone who does not know whether there is a God or not.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Theism is about belief.
Gnosticism is about knowledge.
They are separate and independent things.
Once again: an atheist does not believe there is a god; an agnostic does not know if there is a god.
You can play with words as much as you like, but my atheism means I do not accept the god claims that have been made, but I do not make a claim that there are no gods (even though I think the idea of gods is ludicrous and the chances of any existing to be infinitesimal).
Yet you live your life as if there is no God, because you take that on faith. In the same way we live our lives by the faith that there is a God, according to the Biblical definition of faith, which is to trust in our beliefs (and in who we believe in), an assurance of things hoped for.
Faith and belief is not the same thing.

Upvote 0

Faith Alone 1 Cor 15:1-4

Aug 2, 2017
Heaven
✟12,836.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In thier defence i must say that they knew that lake because they were fisherman , and lake does not have storm usually , it was some demonic storm , because Jesus had to "rebuke" them to stop .
He show them that if hey had faith they would just rebuke storm themselfes in name of Jesus .

I have almost no faith , but i have faith in Jesus that he is faithfull to forgive me 1 John 1:9.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
In thier defence i must say that they knew that lake because they were fisherman , and lake does not have storm usually , it was some demonic storm , because Jesus had to "rebuke" them to stop .
He show them that if hey had faith they would just rebuke storm themselfes in name of Jesus .

I have almost no faith , but i have faith in Jesus that he is faithfull to forgive me 1 John 1:9.
Actually, Jesus rebuked the winds, not any demons. Only God has the power to command the wind and the water, as is written in the Old Testament in many places. He does this by speaking. Jesus did this to prove that He is God.
Lakes can and do have raging waves, if there is a stormy weather. It's normal. SEA OF GALILEE - What's special about the Sea of Galilee? Why does it have sudden storms? • KidExplorers.com / ChristianAnswers.Net

Upvote 0

Aug 2, 2017
Heaven
✟12,836.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus don't have to prove any demon that he is God , they know who he is , they even knew that it's not thier time to be damned into Lake of Fire yet .

Mark 5
2And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,

3 Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:

4 Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.

5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.

6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,

7 And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.

Even fallen angels will woship Jesus , for he is Lord . James 2:19

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Jesus don't have to prove any demon that he is God , they know who he is , they even knew that it's not thier time to be damned into Lake of Fire yet .

Mark 5
2And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,

3 Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:

4 Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.

5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.

6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,

7 And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.

Even fallen angels will woship Jesus , for he is Lord . James 2:19
No, He proved it to His disciples. They wouldn't believe unless they saw signs and wonders.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aug 2, 2017
Heaven
✟12,836.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, He proved it to His disciples. They wouldn't believe unless they saw signs and wonders.

These Legions of demons would say otherwide but ok. They were just having fun by thousand on that beach exactly on the beach that would Jesus dock in by coincidence.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
These Legions of demons would say otherwide but ok. They were just having fun by thousand on that beach exactly on the beach that would Jesus dock in by coincidence.
Where does Scripture say anything remotely like this? You are not only speaking against God's Word, but you are giving satan power that he doesn't have.
There was absolutely nothing demonic about this situation. I would urge you to reread Scripture.

Upvote 0

Aug 2, 2017
Heaven
✟12,836.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where does Scripture say anything remotely like this? You are not only speaking against God's Word, but you are giving satan power that he doesn't have.
There was absolutely nothing demonic about this situation. I would urge you to reread Scripture.

Did you forget who prince of this world is ? John 14:30

If you don't study pre flood earth and passage like this one Genesis 6:1-6 , you will not understand .

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Did you forget who prince of this world is ? John 14:30

If you don't study pre flood earth and passage like this one Genesis 6:1-6 , you will not understand .
satan is the prince of this world, but in no way is he omnipotent like God. he is to a certain extent in control of people and politics and other worldly matters, but not of the weather. Creation belongs to God, and to God only. It was created through and for Jesus, and He only has authority that covers the entire creation and everything in it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aug 2, 2017
Heaven
✟12,836.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
satan is the prince of this world, but in no way is he omnipotent like God. he is to a certain extent in control of people and politics and other worldly matters, but not of the weather. Creation belongs to God, and to God only. It was created through and for Jesus, and He only has authority that covers the entire creation and everything in it.

In Revelation satan will rise human from death and heal his wound , and he will give power to image of Beast to make it move and do many other miracles . I think you underestimate him , he was in charge of all angels .
2 Thessalonians 2:9
Yes he needs permishion from God to do that but God allow him to punish earth during tribulation , just as he allow him to bully Job to test him .

1 John 4:1
You have to test spirits who do miracles because not all are miracles of God .

• Agree
Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
In Revelation satan will rise human from death and heal his wound , and he will give power to image of Beast to make it move and do many other miracles . I think you underestimate him , he was in charge of all angels .
2 Thessalonians 2:9
Yes he needs permishion from God to do that but God allow him to punish earth during tribulation , just as he allow him to bully Job to test him .

1 John 4:1
You have to test spirits who do miracles because not all are miracles of God .
You have a very unbiblical view of not only satan, but of God. You are making the enemy look bigger, and God look smaller. It should be the other way around.

I have seen satan's false miracles, and I have been tested like Job, and he simply does not have the kind of power that you claim he has. You involve him in a situation where Scripture does not mention him at all. That was all about Jesus being glorified as in control of Creation, and you choose to glorify satan instead. You should study the Word and look for God's glory, His power.

I will stop here, because I do not wish to give you any more room to glorify the enemy. But I will pray that the Lord opens your eyes.

Upvote 0

Aug 2, 2017
Heaven
✟12,836.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You have a very unbiblical view of not only satan, but of God. You are making the enemy look bigger, and God look smaller. It should be the other way around.

I have seen satan's false miracles, and I have been tested like Job, and he simply does not have the kind of power that you claim he has. You involve him in a situation where Scripture does not mention him at all. That was all about Jesus being glorified as in control of Creation, and you choose to glorify satan instead. You should study the Word and look for God's glory, His power.

I will stop here, because I do not wish to give you any more room to glorify the enemy. But I will pray that the Lord opens your eyes.

I don't glory enemy , i said in beginning that everybody even demons know who Jesus is and worship him. And satan can't touch you , because you are sealed with Holy Spirit , in OT people did not have Holy Spirit forever , it could leave just like Daniel was prayng to God to not take away Holy Spirit from him .

• Agree
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Even the atheist has faith that there is no God, something they cannot know for certain."
How many times must it be pointed out that atheists do not have faith? An atheist is someone who has not been convinced by any of the arguments for the existence of gods.....

In the NT, faith is defined as acceptance of things "that are not seen."
You do not need "evidence" to believe. It is possible that people who have evidence may not believe.
In Christianity, faith does not come by evidence. Faith comes by revelation.
You may actually believe. You may be fighting with your egotistical outward man (we all have one). But if you have the awarness the Jesus is Lord in your heart. You believe. Does not matter what you see or think.
The scripture says:

1 Corinthians 15:1-4King James Version (KJV)
15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

How do you know that you do not actually believe these things? I know you have mental reservations and cannot see any evidence. But that really has little to do with whether or not you believe. We all believe things that we do not understand. Understanding and physical proof are really not required.

Last edited:
Upvote 0