• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Tired of Struggling

Status
Not open for further replies.

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
no matter what valley i have walked through and its been many, i have always come out the other side and i would have been sorry if i had taken my life. get in the word, pray without ceasing, fast, and keep your mind fixed on god. when you have thoughts just remember how you are using that person and the harm you will cause.

Upvote 0

coolhaircam

May 15, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
✟337.00
Faith
Baptist
I'm praying for you, and you do matter. You matter to everyone of us one here and to God who is staring down at you watching you right now. He's missing the times you shared and wants to get back together with you. He's waiting

Listen to the song "Run" by Kutless... just please do it.

Camaren

Upvote 0

Cherub8

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 5, 2005
The Left Coast
✟2,016.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
http://www.musingson.com/buddy.html

The link above leads to an excellent story I believe everyone should read. Here is one part I enjoyed reading, in particular:

"Far from being a special case of extraordinary depravity and willful rebellion, all the evidence of Buddy’s life points rather to this being an ordinary case of just another sinner wrestling with just another sin. If there was anything extraordinary about Buddy, it was the heroic lengths he went to truly deny himself, take up his cross and follow his Lord. But if we insist on seeing his struggles as reason only to condemn and exclude him instead of recognizing the vital faith at work in his life, then to be fair we would have to make it a practice to treat every professing Christian who struggles with any type of sin in exactly the same manner. The alcoholic who strives each day to remain sober, the housewife dealing with chronic depression, the teenage girl with an eating disorder--we would need to inform such persons in our congregations that we will no longer tolerate them making mention of their disgraceful struggles to us. They must overcome their sin completely before they can be worthy to worship in our midst, although we might tolerate them if they would be willing to deny that they are currently dealing with those struggles in any serious manner and assure us that those sinful "lifestyles" were just a part of their past. And if they confess to slipping up in some errant thought or feeling we will be gracious and suppose it excusable, but only if it’s not too out of hand and they are quick to assure us that those lapses were only a fluke."

Upvote 0

Sam Gamgee

Jan 17, 2005
New Hampshire, United States
Visit site
✟17,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I registered at this site specifically because of this thread

doofus, I have been where you are. I struggled as you struggle. I had the gun in my hand too. I prayed until my voice was hoarse and my knees ached for God to help me not be gay. I got help that seemed fruitless. And when I came out to the beloved people in my church... my second family... I was shunned by them. They turned their back on my.

And so I turned my back on God. And I forgot "the truth". And that truth is that God made me in his own image. He loves me. And he loves you too.

I'm here to tell you that you will make it through the forest. I promise you.

It is possible to be a gay man and to love God and for God to love you. I promise that to you too.

It is possible to be happy again. I promise that to you too.

Always remember this: "God didn't make no junk!" (Peter Gomez said that). And it's true. You are God's child and he (and I) love every part of you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.