Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
scriptures no say that
scriptures say that

Acts 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Upvote 0

Old Ned

Oct 23, 2013
Canada... Originally England.
Visit site
✟8,418.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
From the time when Adam first walked the earth, man has had a relationship with his Creator. The events written about in the Scriptures date back thousands of years. Evolution is the new theory. The burden of proof is always on the new theory. Evolution proposes a universal common descent from an origin it can't validate using a process that can't be duplicated, and stands in direct contradiction to the word of a living God. The burden of proof is high, and it has never been met.

How do you date these scriptures?
From other scriptures?

The computer is new, do you believe they don't exist?

Likewise.

Nope, you provide proof and I will kneel.

"God" in this usage is a proper noun which is always capitalized; whether you believe in a deity or not.

My Oxford Dictionary spell checker does not red flag god without capital.

You do not accept evidence of God. You want proof of God. The two are not the same. One cannot provide physical evidence of a supernatural being. It's faulty logic to believe otherwise. We can present evidence, but all evidence is subject to acceptance or rejection.

So you admit, outside scripture there is no evidence of god except hearsay.

There are no provably transitional fossils. You believe all fossils are transitional because you believe all of life is transitional. We understand that we were created in God's image; that we did not evolve; and that nothing else did either. The fact that fossils exist at all indicates rapid encasement in sediment before any other predator could feed on the carcass. We see that as evidence of a flood, you do not.

Ohhh I don't believe you went kirk cameron on me.
Ok answer these questions.

1: What would you accept as a transitional fossil? (No real answer here I suspect)
2: Look at a colour wheel, red moving clockwise to blue and please point out what you would consider the transitional point of half red and half blue. Again, you can't I suspect.

I've listed a number of ways a person could get evidence of God, but so far as I know no atheist has ever had the guts to put them to he test. Believable eyewitness testimony is strong evidence. It can send people to prison. The right testimony can even free an imprisoned soul.

No, a testimony is subjective and is usually required to be backed up with objective evidence in a court of law. Otherwise we could just walk around saying "He did it" and then we would be back to burning witches.

Our existence separates the wheat from the chaff; it is a proving ground where we either prove ourselves worthy to spend eternity with God, or we reject salvation and prove ourselves unworthy. The end game is that the soul is eternal and the body is temporary. It serves to glorify the Father, not to satisfy the egos of man.

Ok, once again, no proof, no evidence and an end game that suits something else meaning we are slaves.
No thanks. God can take a hike!

If you want proof of God you will only get it when you stand before Him. He will NOT reveal Himself to the unworthy. If you want evidence of God, I'll give you some places to look.
Volunteer at a nursing home. Take account of which patients (of those still lucid) are saved and which are not. Judge for yourself whether they have peace in their hearts or whether they are agitated and fearful of death.

Speak to an old minister who has been preaching at least 20 years. Ask him to tell you what personal experiences he has had with the supernatural; with good and with evil. Watch his eyes as he explains so you know whether he's telling you the truth or not. Most ministers I know have had multiple encounters with the forces of evil they live to fight against. They could tell you some tales.

Spend a day watching Youtube videos of people who have had near death experiences. Watch them closely as they relate their encounters. Are they lying? Did they really see something that could not be explained by oxygen deprivation.

I would never advocate "playing" with a Ouija board because the basic intent is to communicate with unworldly spirits. Evil spirits and demons are very real. They were cast out of people even after Jesus ascended to heaven, which means that demonic possession and demonic influence, though rare, can still happen. Beyond that, these spirits can and do communicate. Many people who have used the Ouija board have had some very terrifying encounters. The Bible says these evil spirits will defile you. Read up on it. Even though most stories are probably hype, it only takes one real one to really hit home.

Here's the scariest one, because it could totally shake your (lack of) belief system. Get on your knees and ask for Jesus to come into your life and reveal Himself to you. Confess that you're a sinner and ask for Jesus to be your personal savior; to take away your sins so that you may be re-born. Spend the next six months attending a good church that teaches from the Scriptures and dedicate this time to trying to find God. Jesus said seek and you will find, ask you will receive, knock and it will be opened to you. The knowledge of God can connect you to the ultimate truth of the universe. What researcher could turn up a chance at such knowledge?

Only one afraid to challenge his assertion that there is no God.

Haha, sorry buddy, throwing near death stuff and good works is pointless, I've drowned twice, both back when I believed, my "Vision" had nothing to do with god. Sorry bout that, that's one of your evidences shot down.

As I explained before, spending 15 years in a torturous situation while believing and begging god and jesus for mercy and telling them how I'm not worthy but if they could find it in their loving hearts to accept me and simply help me, send me a sign, give me strength or something... they ignored me and an Atheist saved me.
So there goes that proof, you speak of personal testimonies... well I am a walking testimony and neither god nor jesus did jack for me.

Funny thing is, I don't see that as evidence that they do not exist, it just shows that if they do, they don't give a rats butt about me.

What makes you so special, I hear you say.
Well God is suppose to be omni stuff, able to do absolutely anything... meaning he chose not to, why on Earth would I want to love and worship someone who let me suffer?

No, sorry, your offer of evidence was a nice try, but you speak to people about personal experiences, well you are speaking to one right now who , like many... contradict your evidence first hand.
Or second hand if you like, one of the 2 people I performed CPR on when I was a lifeguard, she had a "Vision" and hers was nothing to do with god, in fact she believed more than I did and was quite upset that her near death vision was about her daughter... not god and she wondered why. He first words when she regained consciousness... (and for clarification, her daughter was not present , in case you were thinking she heard her daughters voice, at this point her daughter knew nothing of the situation) "I saw my daughter calling to me. I didn't want to leave her, I was so scared... thank you, I owe you my life"
God wasn't there... I was.
God would have wanted her to love him, I just wanted her to live.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why is the onus always on us to provide evidence for Evolution etc?
We provide evidence that gets ignored, and more evidence is asked for.

Yet when we ask for Evidence of god, all we get is scripture.

We make an assertion, we get asked to offer explanations and evidence. We do exactly this and then it gets ignored.
The Transitional Fossil argument is a good example, a question that is infinite.

But easily counter-argued.

We've asked for evidence of God and we get scripture.

We also are constantly explaining that Evolution does not have a conciousness or plan... this also gets ignored.

So... I ask 2 questions.

1: What is god's "End Game"? What does god plan the end result of his creation to be and what is to become of it?

2: I would like someone to offer up some form of evidence that does NOT centre around the Bible.

Quotes from the Bible will not be accepted as an answer.
We offer a scientific paper and get asked for a different one to back it up.
Therefore if one book of science is not enough evidence for you, then one book from religion is not enough for us.

Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

I'm asking the same thing, there's one book that everyone uses to "Prove god" , well I'm asking... Challenging, anyone to offer up something that is NOT from this book and is evidence without simple hearsay.

Anyone?

You ask for proof but remain insensitive to your spirit within you.

You say we never supply "evidence" but you are quite wrong, the verses in the Bible are "evidence". Let's see you refute the following IN MY LIFE

1. Romans 8:14 "For all who are being lead by the Spirit of God"

2. I John 2:20 "But you have an Anointing from the the Holy One"

Besides many other Bible verses effective in my life. Do you think these things do not happen? Well thing again, Old Ned. It is time to wake up to the Kingdom of Heaven in our midst! How much longer are you and other Naturalists say it's not there!!!?

I was where you are long ago, even with academic training in Evolution, and walking this world as a Naturalist. I know where you are at. To say you have evidence for Evolution is deceptive, I know. You, like others, never discuss your faith in Naturalism, and it's a religion. Missing the Kingdom in our midst will do that to you, I Know!!!

Go whine somwhere else with you end time deception, but lack of Spiritual Awareness!

Upvote 0

Old Ned

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
✟8,418.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
.Let's see you refute the following IN MY LIFE

1. Romans 8:14 "For all who are being lead by the Spirit of God"

2. I John 2:20 "But you have an Anointing from the the Holy One"

Easy, they were both written by man, then those writings rewritten hundreds of years later and then translated many times.
If it is evidence, it's extremely weak.

Besides many other Bible verses effective in my life. Do you think these things do not happen? Well thing again, Old Ned. It is time to wake up to the Kingdom of Heaven in our midst! How much longer are you and other Naturalists say it's not there!!!?

Present solid evidence and I will kneel.

I was where you are long ago, even with academic training in Evolution, and walking this world as a Naturalist. I know where you are at. To say you have evidence for Evolution is deceptive, I know. You, like others, never discuss your faith in Naturalism, and it's a religion. Missing the Kingdom in our midst will do that to you, I Know!!!

And I was where you are a long time ago. What is your point?

Go whine somwhere else with you end time deception, but lack of Spiritual Awareness!

Oh, so you are telling me I am not welcome on this forum to ask questions about God and the Bible?
Very Christian of you. Well Done.

Upvote 0

Heissonear

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How do you date these scriptures?
From other scriptures?

The computer is new, do you believe they don't exist?

Nope, you provide proof and I will kneel.

My Oxford Dictionary spell checker does not red flag god without capital.

So you admit, outside scripture there is no evidence of god except hearsay.

Ohhh I don't believe you went kirk cameron on me.
Ok answer these questions.

1: What would you accept as a transitional fossil? (No real answer here I suspect)
2: Look at a colour wheel, red moving clockwise to blue and please point out what you would consider the transitional point of half red and half blue. Again, you can't I suspect.

No, a testimony is subjective and is usually required to be backed up with objective evidence in a court of law. Otherwise we could just walk around saying "He did it" and then we would be back to burning witches.

Ok, once again, no proof, no evidence and an end game that suits something else meaning we are slaves.
No thanks. God can take a hike!

Haha, sorry buddy, throwing near death stuff and good works is pointless, I've drowned twice, both back when I believed, my "Vision" had nothing to do with god. Sorry bout that, that's one of your evidences shot down.

As I explained before, spending 15 years in a torturous situation while believing and begging god and jesus for mercy and telling them how I'm not worthy but if they could find it in their loving hearts to accept me and simply help me, send me a sign, give me strength or something... they ignored me and an Atheist saved me.
So there goes that proof, you speak of personal testimonies... well I am a walking testimony and neither god nor jesus did jack for me.

Funny thing is, I don't see that as evidence that they do not exist, it just shows that if they do, they don't give a rats butt about me.

What makes you so special, I hear you say.
Well God is suppose to be omni stuff, able to do absolutely anything... meaning he chose not to, why on Earth would I want to love and worship someone who let me suffer?

No, sorry, your offer of evidence was a nice try, but you speak to people about personal experiences, well you are speaking to one right now who , like many... contradict your evidence first hand.
Or second hand if you like, one of the 2 people I performed CPR on when I was a lifeguard, she had a "Vision" and hers was nothing to do with god, in fact she believed more than I did and was quite upset that her near death vision was about her daughter... not god and she wondered why. He first words when she regained consciousness... (and for clarification, her daughter was not present , in case you were thinking she heard her daughters voice, at this point her daughter knew nothing of the situation) "I saw my daughter calling to me. I didn't want to leave her, I was so scared... thank you, I owe you my life"
God wasn't there... I was.
God would have wanted her to love him, I just wanted her to live.

Do you want God on a string or do you want to do it His way, under His timing?

Your "He did nothing for me" is insanely ignorant. There has not been one day pass in your life He Himself has not caused something to come to pass FOR YOU. Your ignorance is alarming!!!

Say it again, Ned, He is not around, and "feel" the unbelief that possesses you!!!

Gentile (unbelievers) seek a sign. That is a fact in Scripture (I Corinthians 1). Your faith is in signs - per not showing up? Welcome unbelief, Ned, you know it be experience.

I was once like you, without God in this world. As a fact!

But if someone like Him exist lies will be exposed and having the wrong conclusions to the major aspects and reality in life will expose your false foundation.

My recommendation - you need the Baptism of the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:5). Screaming "God does not exist" is showing your ignorance, regardless your 15 years of being a "seeker". You fooled yourself, didn't you!

Upvote 0

Old Ned

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
✟8,418.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Do you want God on a string or do you want to do it His way, under His timing?

What?

Your "He did nothing for me" is insanely ignorant. There has not been one day pass in your life He Himself has not caused something to come to pass FOR YOU. Your ignorance is alarming!!!

Ignorance?.. Ok if he was doing things, then he was doing the things I did not want, he refused to help.... for 15 YEARS!
And here we are not speaking of just drama, when I said torture... I meant it in the literal sense.
Oh he gave me food one day... yet allowed me to be tortured for hours the same day... I would have rather been hungry.

Say it again, Ned, He is not around, and "feel" the unbelief that possesses you!!!

You can't feel unbelief.
You feel belief or you don't, that's like saying I feel like I don't have a cut on my finger.

Gentile (unbelievers) seek a sign. That is a fact in Scripture (I Corinthians 1). Your faith is in signs - per not showing up? Welcome unbelief, Ned, you know it be experience.

Yet people always running on about the signs they have seen.

I was once like you, without God in this world. As a fact!

And I was once like you, I believed 100% that god existed.
Again, what's your point?

But if someone like Him exist lies will be exposed and having the wrong conclusions to the major aspects and reality in life will expose your false foundation.

My recommendation - you need the Baptism of the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:5). Screaming "God does not exist" is showing your ignorance, regardless your 15 years of being a "seeker". You fooled yourself, didn't you!

No, I was a Christian, I was Christened and went to church every week, and sunday school, I was raised a Christian.
Now what do you have?
.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

Heissonear

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Easy, they were both written by man, then those writings rewritten hundreds of years later and then translated many times.
If it is evidence, it's extremely weak.

Present solid evidence and I will kneel.

And I was where you are a long time ago. What is your point?

Oh, so you are telling me I am not welcome on this forum to ask questions about God and the Bible?
Very Christian of you. Well Done.

Your a bitter person since God did not do WHAT YOU WANTED! Yes, what you wanted. You apparently dod not seek His will FOR YOUR EXPERIENCES AND CIRCUMSTANCES!

He nor His Kingdom is going away because of your 15 years of playing "Spiritual" your way. You apparently like to stay in the flesh, your 5 senses "to know" and "see".

Shout your ignorance, Ned. Shout your unbelief, for it has taken you.

Shout you are a Gentile, and have always been one!

Meanwhile, you are blind to Him who has watched every breath you have taken, and every thought you have had. You have missed the God who is near, very near.

Only those entangled in unbelief hear what you say. Those who have come to know Him see your DEEP FOLLY. Another person saying God is not in this world, how blind!

Upvote 0

Old Ned

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
✟8,418.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Your a bitter person since God did not do WHAT YOU WANTED! Yes, what you wanted. You apparently dod not seek His will FOR YOUR EXPERIENCES AND CIRCUMSTANCES!

He nor His Kingdom is going away because of your 15 years of playing "Spiritual" your way. You apparently like to stay in the flesh, your 5 senses "to know" and "see".

Shout your ignorance, Ned. Shout your unbelief, for it has taken you.

Shout you are a Gentile, and have always been one!

Meanwhile, you are blind to Him who has watched every breath you have taken, and every thought you have had. You have missed the God who is near, very near.

Only those entangled in unbelief hear what you say. Those who have come to know Him see your DEEP FOLLY. Another person saying God is not in this world, how blind!

Ok. Well congratulations.
You offered no form of evidence whatsoever.
You insulted me.
You belittled my personal experiences and you attempted to psycho-analyse me and failed miserably.

You say he watched every breath... then he watched as I was abused, while crying out to him, he watched.... he did nothing.... he just watched.

How do you feel about a god who simply watches a human being going through torment?... when he supposedly has the power to make it right? ... when I see someone in torment or an animal.... I try to help at risk to my own safety... God just sits and watches by YOUR own admission.
Seems like a real stand up guy.

Offer compelling evidence and I will kneel.
Admit there is no evidence and I will be quiet.

Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heissonear

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What?

Ignorance?.. Ok if he was doing things, then he was doing the things I did not want, he refused to help.... for 15 YEARS!
And here we are not speaking of just drama, when I said torture... I meant it in the literal sense.
Oh he gave me food one day... yet allowed me to be tortured for hours the same day... I would have rather been hungry.

You can't feel unbelief.
You feel belief or you don't, that's like saying I feel like I don't have a cut on my finger.

Yet people always running on about the signs they have seen.

And I was once like you, I believed 100% that god existed.
Again, what's your point?

No, I was a Christian, I was Christened and went to church every week, and sunday school, I was raised a Christian.
Now what do you have?
[/QUOTE]

I hate to break the news to you, Ned, but going to church does not make you a Christian anymore than going to McDonald's makes you a hamburger.

Praying and reading the Scriptures does not make you a Christian. Do you think being spiritual is works?

Why did the religous leaders of Jesus's day not receive Him? Why did the rulers of the Pharisees and Sadducess not "receive" Him or follow Him? Being religious does not mean you are spiritual, and know of the Kingdom of God in your midst, like Jesus preached.

Now look at your position in life. Look at the foundation you know stand on. Look at it. That's where you are. Ypu are a temporal creature made of dust. You know nothing but dust. Higher powers you are void of. Yet the Kingdom of Heaven is within your physical reach and you are blind to it!

Go have a bitter pity party somewhere else, where "others are like you". You are not tearing down the Spiritual Realm in our midst by your vocalized unbelief!!!

Upvote 0

Old Ned

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
✟8,418.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

I hate to break the news to you, Ned, but going to church does not make you a Christian anymore than going to McDonald's makes you a hamburger.

Praying and reading the Scriptures does not make you a Christian. Do you think being spiritual is works?

Why did the religous leaders of Jesus's day not receive Him? Why did the rulers of the Pharisees and Sadducess not "receive" Him or follow Him? Being religious does not mean you are spiritual, and know of the Kingdom of God in your midst, like Jesus preached.

Now look at your position in life. Look at the foundation you know stand on. Look at it. That's where you are. Ypu are a temporal creature made of dust. You know nothing but dust. Higher powers you are void of. Yet the Kingdom of Heaven is within your physical reach and you are blind to it!

Go have a bitter pity party somewhere else, where "others are like you". You are not tearing down the Spiritual Realm in our midst by your vocalized unbelief!!!

Once again, asking me to leave. Very Christian of you.

So please explain, you've told me what doesn't make you a Christian.
What does? Please explain why you are now a truer Christian than I was back then.

Ready... go...

Edit: Also, if you were my friend back then, would you have not told me to trust in the lord and he will help me?

Upvote 0

Delphiki

May 7, 2010
Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
So, it's Old Ned's fault God made him skeptical of extraordinary claims? Belief isn't a choice, it's a result of how one interprets the world around them. Just like me, Old Ned requires evidence. There is none. Thus there is a lack of belief.

Heissonear, if your god exists, he's the only one that can be accountable for the existence of non-believers. So take your god's lack of foresight up with him, not the people he's supposedly created.

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Ned
Upvote 0

Old Ned

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
✟8,418.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
So, it's Old Ned's fault God made him skeptical of extraordinary claims? Belief isn't a choice, it's a result of how one interprets the world around them. Just like me, Old Ned requires evidence. There is none. Thus there is a lack of belief.

Heissonear, if your god exists, he's the only one that can be accountable for the existence of non-believers. So take your god's lack of foresight up with him, not the people he's supposedly created.

Thank you. I wish I could convey points in fewer words ^_^

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Evidence can take a hike.

So don't worry.

I won't be asking you for any evidence of evolution; because, in my opinion, you don't have any that would satisfy me.

In fact, I wish my brothers & sisters would just stop demanding evidence for anything ... but it's certainly their prerogative to do so.

So while I'm being ridiculed for saying "evidence can take a hike," you go ahead and complain that you're being asked to provide evidence; and we'll both consider evidence a burden.

How's that?

I think it's foolish to completely discard Science.

With all due respect, are you going to pray the cancer away or go to an Oncologist?

Evidence is the only reason we're as advanced as we are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Heissonear

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok. Well congratulations.
You offered no form of evidence whatsoever.
You insulted me.
You belittled my personal experiences and you attempted to psycho-analyse me and failed miserably.

You say he watched every breath... then he watched as I was abused, while crying out to him, he watched.... he did nothing.... he just watched.

How do you feel about a god who simply watches a human being going through torment?... when he supposedly has the power to make it right? ... when I see someone in torment or an animal.... I try to help at risk to my own safety... God just sits and watches by YOUR own admission.
Seems like a real stand up guy.

Offer compelling evidence and I will kneel.
Admit there is no evidence and I will be quiet.

You are not capable of understanding Him or His ways BECAUSE OF YOUR TORMENTED EXPERIENCES AND CRYING OUT TO HIM FOR HELP?

Again, go have a pity party somewhere else.

But if you want to know Him then He must be up to something you can't phantom. "Why would He do that, or allow that, or not help"!!!

Now you know He does not exist!

Trip, stumble, fall, head over heals.

Ned, why did he raise me a devout Naturalists? Why did He let me go the way of unbelieving scientists, particularly geoscientists? Why did He let the sins of this world, including deceptions, get a strong hold of me?

Why has He set up this physical world where those who seek to know if He exists wind up in unbelief, full of Evolution, uniformitarianism, only know of natural laws and powers?

It is because you cannot seek Him ONLY with your head, and selfish will. Leaning on your own or others understanding IS NOT THE WAY TO HIM!

I think you need to sober up to the ways of God. You think everything He does should be to your whinning and for all to be able to be PRESENTLY understood. Like you can push your EQUAL BUTTON in your mind and figure "why" or "find" out through reasoning. It ain't going to happen.

Since when dust say to the Potter, you are not doing it right. You let deception grasp many! You let many suffer. You allow so much bad to happen. And like Satan, you have a reason to rebel against Him. So you think.

Upvote 0

Old Ned

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
✟8,418.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
You are not capable of understanding Him or His ways BECAUSE OF YOUR TORMENTED EXPERIENCES AND CRYING OUT TO HIM FOR HELP?

Incorrect. While I was asking for help, I believed, I loved, I accepted or any other word you wish to use.

Again, go have a pity party somewhere else.

Again, Very Christian of you.

But if you want to know Him then He must be up to something you can't phantom. "Why would He do that, or allow that, or not help"!!!

That's not why I lost my faith.

Now you know He does not exist!

Please tell me where I said that. You just breached the 9th Commandment, congratulations.
I actually stated that it DID NOT prove he does not exist, it just showed that if he does, then he does not care.

Do not change my words, you are being dishonest. Again, very Christian of you.

Trip, stumble, fall, head over heals.

Yes, yes you are.

Ned, why did he raise me a devout Naturalists? Why did He let me go the way of unbelieving scientists, particularly geoscientists? Why did He let the sins of this world, including deceptions, get a strong hold of me?

Don't know. That's not for me to decide.

Why has He set up this physical world where those who seek to know if He exists wind up in unbelief, full of Evolution, uniformitarianism, only know of natural laws and powers?

Don't know, that's part of what I'm asking, apparently you don't know either.

It is because you cannot seek Him ONLY with your head, and selfish will. Leaning on your own or others understanding IS NOT THE WAY TO HIM!

So how do you do it?

I think you need to sober up to the ways of God. You think everything He does should be to your whinning and for all to be able to be PRESENTLY understood. Like you can push your EQUAL BUTTON in your mind and figure "why" or "find" out through reasoning. It ain't going to happen.

No, I asked him for help for years and he didn't answer. I have never asked for anything frivolous.

Since when dust say to the Potter, you are not doing it right. You let deception grasp many! You let many suffer. You allow so much bad to happen. And like Satan, you have a reason to rebel against Him. So you think.

Yeah that's great.

By the way, you have avoided almost all of my points and questions, I have answered every one of your points.

You simply preach to me and tell me I'm wrong and I don't deserve this and that and I am blind and ignorant.

You have many insults but no answers. This would suggest to me that you are getting upset that you cannot find the answers to my questions which means my points are shaking your faith.

All I asked for was some evidence outside the bible for the existence of God, all you have done is insult me and belittle my experiences and tell me to go away.

You fear god?
I don't. He's weak, he's mean, he's pathetic and if I'm wrong then I will burn in hell.... Gladly, and that would be his doing as well since he supposedly made me who I am.

So as I've said before, god made me and my mind... therefore god has sent me straight to hell.

Nice guy huh.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think it's foolish to completely discard Science.
For the record, I do not completely discard science.

In fact, I claim I agree with 95% of their conclusions.

What I do though, is I subordinate science to theology.

Putting it on the back burner, so to speak.
With all due respect, are you going to pray the cancer away or go to an Oncologist?
I'm going to do what Jesus suggested ...

Luke 5:31 And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick.

Jesus said that they that are sick need a physician.
Evidence is the only reason we're as advanced as we are.
No argument there; but when evidence gets in the way of the Bible, evidence can take a hike.

Evidence says there was no global flood, evidence says there were no Jews wandering in the wilderness 40 years, evidence says there were no Jews in captivity in Egypt, evidence says the Egyptians & Chinese predate the Flood, and on and on.

Evidence also gives us six different ways we got our moon.

Upvote 0

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
We can offer evidences pertaining to the physical world but we cannot ask the same of the supernatural world. The reason is that the supernatural world belongs to the un-falsifiable. It stands to reason that one cannot reason a person out of a position that he did not reason himself into. Science is based on reason and physical evidence while religion is a purely faith based line of thought. The two can live side by side but under no circumstances can they be mixed.

Science does not require one to be an atheist in order to conduct science and anyone of any faith or belief can conduct science so long as one adheres to the rules governing science. Religion on the other hand requires blind belief in order to be accepted into its fold.

These debates (creationism vs evolution, etc.) simply can not come to any conclusion as each has diametrically different set of rules.

923114_468177459977088_1109911032_n.jpg

Upvote 0

Old Ned

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
✟8,418.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
We can offer evidences pertaining to the physical world but we cannot ask the same of the supernatural world. The reason is that the supernatural world belongs to the un-falsifiable. It stands to reason that one cannot reason a person out of a position that he did not reason himself into. Science is based on reason and physical evidence while religion is a purely faith based line of thought. The two can live side by side but under no circumstances can they be mixed.

Science does not require one to be an atheist in order to conduct science and anyone of any faith or belief can conduct science so long as one adheres to the rules governing science. Religion on the other hand requires blind belief in order to be accepted into its fold.

These debates (creationism vs evolution, etc.) simply can not come to any conclusion as each has diametrically different set of rules.

923114_468177459977088_1109911032_n.jpg

Why is it that no Creationists can make this statement, they state there IS evidence. This being the case, I would like to see it.

As I said, either offer up compelling evidence or admit there is none.

They can't do the former, and refuse to do the latter.

Yet I am quite willing, along with all scientists and understanders of science to state that we have no solid evidence for the origins of life.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.