• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Tired all the time but doctor said nothing is wrong

BWV 565

Mar 28, 2019
Scotland
✟10,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
A plant-based diet and regular exercise does wonders for the energy levels.

I do not mean to be contradictory but be careful when recommending a drastic change in diet. Especially with so little information in the OP.

An ex-girlfriend destroyed her body after going vegan. Despite my medical training she assured me I did not know what I was talking about.

Plant based diet may work for some people but not all. The danger is they tend to have benefits that can often last fir months - years but eventually other problems arise.

I understand you are only trying to help and are probably talking from your own experience. However if you would like to read some recent studies on the matter I would be happy to send them to you.

God Bless

J

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I do not mean to be contradictory but be careful when recommending a drastic change in diet. Especially with so little information in the OP.

An ex-girlfriend destroyed her body after going vegan. Despite my medical training she assured me I did not know what I was talking about.

Plant based diet may work for some people but not all. The danger is they tend to have benefits that can often last fir months - years but eventually other problems arise.

I understand you are only trying to help and are probably talking from your own experience. However if you would like to read some recent studies on the matter I would be happy to send them to you.

God Bless

J

I'm a bit confused on just how drastic such a change would actually be, unless one is currently only eating meat and cheese. It really wasn't much of a change for me.

Upvote 0