Illinois
✟176,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What are tips you know for staying healthy?

Some things I found with research:
1. Should go to bed before midnight, 8 hours of sleep per day depending on age
2. Drink plenty of water throughout the day
3. Eat a bowl of fruits
4. Don't eat out often, prepare your own meals to also save money
5. Exercise during the afternoon
6. Do not resist sleepiness, hunger/thirst, or the need to use the bathroom.
7. Wait 30 minutes to eat or drink after using fluoride toothpaste, brush teeth before breakfast, not after it, using a water flosser.
8. After eating or drinking something acidic, rinse your mouth with water. If it is nighttime, and you are ready to go to bed wait 30 minutes after anything acidic was consumed to brush your teeth.

My experience with them in practice:
1. the dark circles under my eyes have started to disappear, and my face looks healthier. Increased mood, and energy levels, no depression.
2. Same thing with point number one, skin looks healthy and hydrated, hair looks healthier as well, no dryness.
3. Increased mood, and energy levels
4. I feel much better physically and saved hundreds of dollars
5. Lost weight, Muscle increase, feeling better physically, and better sleep quality at night
6. Lost weight, dark circles under eyes reduced, risk of infection or negative adaptation reduced.
7. Flouride entry into the body reduced, and no cavities.
8. Enamel safer

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

3. Eat a bowl of fruits
7. Wait 30 minutes to eat or drink after using fluoride toothpaste, brush teeth before breakfast, not after it, using a water flosser.
8. After eating or drinking something acidic, rinse your mouth with water. If it is nighttime, and you are ready to go to bed wait 30 minutes after anything acidic was consumed to brush your teeth.

1. the dark circles under my eyes have started to disappear, and my face looks healthier. Increased mood, and energy levels, no depression.
2. Same thing with point number one, skin looks healthy and hydrated, hair looks healthier as well, no dryness.
5. Lost weight, Muscle increase, feeling better physically, and better sleep quality at night
6. Lost weight, dark circles under eyes reduced, risk of infection or negative adaptation reduced.
8. Enamel safer
The two simple tricks to be a healthy person.

1. Eat smaller nutritious meals, i.e., fruit, vegetables, nuts
2. Daily exercise

I wonder if anyone is listening?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
1. Brush, floss, rinse teeth before breakfast.
2. Limit food varieties and amount (your guts will thank you).
3. Chew food thoroughly (liquified).
4. Monitor digestion by examining tongue, observing stool. Tongue should be clean (no scum). BM's should be regular, be well-formed, easily passed, and almost odorless.

• Informative
Reactions: JohnB445
Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

3. Eat a bowl of fruits

8. Enamel safer

Drink more water, and not "tap" water.
Go to bed earlier.
Read labels on food., if you read "hydrogenated" or "high fructose", do not buy and do not eat.

Do not eat anything after 6pm.

Take a good multi-vitamin , and make sure it has Magnesium in it, as this Vit helps the body to absorb the vitamin you just took.

If you are depressed or "moody", , then take folic acid or B6.
If you are over 65, then take B12.
If you can't find any of that, then take 1/2 teaspoon of Honey each morning as its loaded with B-vit

Drink almond milk vs cow's milk, as it has 50% more calcium, and is good for you.

Now, the most important part.

Join a gym.
Dont even think twice.
Go 3 times a week, at least 30 mins.
After 2 months go 4x a week for an hour.
Use the "machines" and a treadmill.
Work on a "circuit", which is ....>"i do these 7 machines and the Treadmill': everytime im here.
Let this become a LIFESTYLE, and your entire life will become better.

thats a fact.

Upvote 0

Justin-H.S.

May 8, 2020
The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Jiu jitsu twice or thrice a week
Run with plate carrier twice a week
Push-ups and pull-ups throughout the day
Fasting more often for spiritual and physical health
Prostrate yourself to God at least once a day
Read often (Bible, real books, not fake ebooks)
Protect your eyes when using computer
Protect your ears when shooting gun
Appreciate objective beauty (music, films, visual art, etc.)
Make a garden, grow food
Eat said food
Drink water
Drink herbal teas
and for myself, drink beer on occasion :p

It seems modern man focuses on material health more often and disregard mental and spiritual health to his detriment.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jiu jitsu twice or thrice a week
Run with plate carrier twice a week
Push-ups and pull-ups throughout the day
Fasting more often for spiritual and physical health
Prostrate yourself to God at least once a day
Read often (Bible, real books, not fake ebooks)
Protect your eyes when using computer
Protect your ears when shooting gun
Appreciate objective beauty (music, films, visual art, etc.)
Make a garden, grow food
Eat said food
Drink water
Drink herbal teas
and for myself, drink beer on occasion :p

It seems modern man focuses on material health more often and disregard mental and spiritual health to his detriment.

All good, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
but definitely stay away from "tap water" as its full of estrogen., which will rob you of testosterone, and cause you fatigue, libido issues, and more.
Good idea regarding the "protect hearing".
I do this constantly with ear plugs. I wear them in loud gyms, when driving.....very careful with my hearing, as im an audiophile, among other things...

Upvote 0

Justin-H.S.

May 8, 2020
The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
All good, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
but definitely stay away from "tap water" as its full of estrogen., which will rob you of testosterone, and cause you fatigue, libido issues, and more.
Good idea regarding the "protect hearing".
I do this constantly with ear plugs. I wear them in loud gyms, when driving.....very careful with my hearing, as im an audiophile, among other things...

I'd like to make a rainwater catchment system for drinking water, saving the utilities for washing up.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'd like to make a rainwater catchment system for drinking water, saving the utilities for washing up.

Or install a water filtration system.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Striving for physical health can be exhausting. A recurrent theme in the bible is...rest. A Sabbath rest does wonders for your mental and spiritual health. It also can reveal how attached one is to routine daily activities. It's not easy to commit a full day to rest, but the benefits are fantastic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

3. Eat a bowl of fruits

8. Enamel safer
They all seem eminently sensible.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I drink tap water all the time- what’s wrong with tap water?

Depends on where you live. Where I live the tap water tastes great, however it is very hard. I have experienced tap water in other cities that is so bad tasting that I couldn't drink it. Water quality is so inconsistent that McDonald's delivers water to stores where the the water is bad to maintain the quality of their beverages.

I have drank only distilled water for fifty years, and also have a filter on my showerhead to remove the chlorine. However tap water is good for doing dishes, washing the car, etc. ^_^

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I drink tap water all the time- what’s wrong with tap water?

Depending on where you are located, tap water can be unhealthy.

Tap water is generally polluted with "heavy metals", among other toxins.
Its the cumulative effect of the quality of the city filtration, combined with the filth that is inside the delivery pipes that bring the water to your area, combined with the age and degeneration of the pipes that put that water into your glass.
All of that "delivery system" can produce a sparkling glass of water that is best served to a dog's bowl.

If you are going to drink it, then get a "Pitcher" filter, with replaceable filters, and put the tap into the pitcher, and drink that, instead.
Or just bypass all this and get bottled from Walmart or your favorite grocery store in packs of "24" or "48"..

I have not consumed tap water since 2004.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Depending on where you are located, tap water can be unhealthy.

Tap water is generally polluted with "heavy metals", among other toxins.
Its the cumulative effect of the quality of the city filtration, combined with the filth that is inside the delivery pipes that bring the water to your area, combined with the age and degeneration of the pipes that put that water into your glass.
All of that "delivery system" can produce a sparkling glass of water that is best served to a dog's bowl.

If you are going to drink it, then get a "Pitcher" filter, with replaceable filters, and put the tap into the pitcher, and drink that, instead.
Or just bypass all this and get bottled from Walmart or your favorite grocery store in packs of "24" or "48"..

I have not consumed tap water since 2004.

It's not possible for the municipalities to remove all impurities from their water supply, therefore it is the responsibility of the consumer to do what is necessary to assure healthy water.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not possible for the municipalities to remove all impurities from their water supply, therefore it is the responsibility of the consumer to do what is necessary to assure healthy water.

It should be possible to do a water quality search for your city, online.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It should be possible to do a water quality search for your city, online.

Our 'deep artesian well' water is pretty good, but I still won't drink it.

• Informative
Reactions: Sidon
Upvote 0

Robert Kanatr

Robert
Aug 11, 2021
Toronto
✟302.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes. I completely agree with the posts above. But you have to remember to take care of yourself. For example, various creams. They nourish the skin and moisturize it. And these creams give nourishing properties. For example such creams still go with components of CBD. These creams are good repairing compositions. I use this cream and a couple of other products. I also use CBD For Sports Recovery. You should also always maintain your immune system. Eat less sugar and salt. Always drink warm water with lemon on an empty stomach in the morning. In summer, eat more watermelon. It cleanses the kidneys. But just a little bit of everything. All the tips are already described above. I think even a child should know about them

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes. I completely agree with the posts above. But you have to remember to take care of yourself. For example, various creams. They nourish the skin and moisturize it. And these creams give nourishing properties. For example such creams still go with components of CBD. These creams are good repairing compositions. I use this cream and a couple of other products. I also use CBD For Sports Recovery. You should also always maintain your immune system. Eat less sugar and salt. Always drink warm water with lemon on an empty stomach in the morning. In summer, eat more watermelon. It cleanses the kidneys. But just a little bit of everything. All the tips are already described above. I think even a child should know about them

Thanks for the reminder. I have a watermelon that got lost in the back of the frig that I need to eat.

Upvote 0

Stu80

Aug 14, 2021
Doreen
✟11,022.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey, thought add to your conversation.
I weight 100kg + l put on weight over past couple years after discharging from the Army.
Always have been motivated to training so guess l am lucky in that way. I want to drop 10 to 15kgs.
I do get depressed and what has helped me through patches is to open up and talk to people, well maybe not anyone, but think we find our tribe with more searching and time a person wants to take.
Getting back to tips for fitness and healthy lifestyle; be kind to yourself, excuses will lead you to nowhere fast and learn ways to express yourself which are meaningful, i.e. zero alcohol.
If you can do that then think byproduct is you achieving your goals.
Thanks.

Upvote 0