Tiny little Kids learn how to share the Gospel.

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟461,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
At any rate @Kees Boer I was hoping you might give us some detail on the specific curriculum, for want of a better word for the material you are teaching the children to teach each other, as well as your own missionary background. One of my two mission parishes serves a disadvantaged population where it might be useful to empower some of the youth to spread the Gospel to other youth in the community.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟247,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Apparently there is something to discuss, because as I have said, my Lord, God, and Savior Jesus Christ, does not require a person to work to receive eternal life, indeed no work whatsoever is required in the case of infants or the incapacitated, and He does offer His free gift of eternal life to all who trust in Him, for He is the Messiah.

Assuming you understand that God the Father, Son and Holy Ghost are one God, and thus Jesus Christ, who is the only begotten Son and Word of God, is God Incarnate according to John 1, and that you agree with the CF.com Statement of Faith, and that you accept the same 27 books of the New Testament that I do, we clearly have the same God, since my God freely grants salvation and life everlasting to all who trust in the Messiah.

The difference of opinion appears to be in what trust in the Messiah entails.

The faith used to receive God's free gift of Eternal Life. Is the same faith people used to believe in everyday life. Example a person states i will bring you a gift tomorrow, if i believe this, i have exercised faith in this persons promise. The only difference, is that a person may lie, they may not actually bring the gift. But God can not lie, so when a person places their faith in God's promise they can be 100% assured they will receive God's gift of Eternal Life. That requires no other action except belief in The Messiah for life.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟461,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The faith used to receive God's free gift of Eternal Life. Is the same faith people used to believe in everyday life. Example a person states i will bring you a gift tomorrow, if i believe this, i have exercised faith in this persons promise. The only difference, is that a person may lie, they may not actually bring the gift. But God can not lie, so when a person places their faith in God's promise they can be 100% assured they will receive God's gift of Eternal Life. That requires no other action except belief in The Messiah for life.

Right, and as I’ve said, I disagree, because if we say that about God, we are saying that God requires of mentally disabled people and infants what amounts to a task they cannot perform in order to receive salvation, which is contrary to the Scriptural fact that God Is Love.

A loving God surely provides means by which His grace may be received by those incapable of voluntarily seeking it, and those means are scripturally defined as the Sacraments.

Furthermore, we also know that as far as those who have the capability to do something positive is concerned, St. James warns that faith without works is not salvific in His epistle. And in the New Testament, we are told to repent, we are told to be perfect even as our Father in Heaven is perfect, we are told to make disciples of all nations through baptism and thus to be baptized (this is not Sikhism wherein one can have an underclass of unbaptized non-disciples; the only excuse for not being baptized is that one was seeking baptism or was awaiting baptism, for example, a catechumen or energumen, and died unexpectedly or was martyred, or indeed that one was martyred confessing Christ before men, which is the Baptism of Blood and equates to instant sainthood).

Now, some denominations like the Salvation Army and especially some of the Quakers believe in spiritual baptism and communion; I myself am not completely comfortable with this but I daresay its better than just disregarding what our Lord said on the topic altogether, which seems contrary to the Nicene Creed.

Upvote 0

Kees Boer

Dec 14, 2021
Gainesville
Visit site
✟31,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
At any rate @Kees Boer I was hoping you might give us some detail on the specific curriculum, for want of a better word for the material you are teaching the children to teach each other, as well as your own missionary background. One of my two mission parishes serves a disadvantaged population where it might be useful to empower some of the youth to spread the Gospel to other youth in the community.
This is the very beginning that I use, when training people. I use this method. Then we adopt a T4T model. Training them to train others. It's a bit of writing to explain it all, but basically, we use lots of Scripture Songs, training a lesson and have them teach it to each other. Setting goals for how many people they will teach it to others and taking a report, how they did the last week and praying for each other.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟247,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-​

To people who believe faith is defined as obedience to actions they do for God, example repentance, baptism, fruit bearing, etc....

Simple question, a former atheist approaches you and states, i now believe there is a God (and that the God of The Bible is the true God) but i want to know how to have salvation/eternal life. What do you say to this person.

Upvote 0