Tiny little Kids learn how to share the Gospel.

Kees Boer

Dec 14, 2021
Gainesville
Visit site
✟31,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you train real tiny children how to share the Gospel, before they might even understand It totally, they will be totally natural at it when they grow older.
This is one of our missionaries teaching tiny little kids. Take 2 minutes and watch this. You'll be encouraged.

saved24

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2011
Canada
✟841,492.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This is a good video, after watching it, on the screen is another one to watch. It has THE GOSPEL that is like a tract, 4 to a page. It is really good, I printed it. Thank you for sharing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting way to do it. I have two young children, I always taught my oldest the bible right from when he was young. Although I never actually told him he needed to preach to others, I modeled that behavior, because he saw it in me, he copied it, and would preach to the neighbors, and started a bible group at school. As he has got older I think peer pressure got to him, and he does it less. What you are doing is a good thing however, it gives a model for them to work from. Some will continue, and others will not. I think it is good to stress, "why" we preach, I always told my son, some families don't know Jesus, or His love for them, and can have very bad lives as a result. My aim was always to associate Jesus with the healing of lives, and bought to his attention their eternal need as well.

Upvote 0

Kees Boer

Dec 14, 2021
Gainesville
Visit site
✟31,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Interesting way to do it. I have two young children, I always taught my oldest the bible right from when he was young. Although I never actually told him he needed to preach to others, I modeled that behavior, because he saw it in me, he copied it, and would preach to the neighbors, and started a bible group at school. As he has got older I think peer pressure got to him, and he does it less. What you are doing is a good thing however, it gives a model for them to work from. Some will continue, and others will not. I think it is good to stress, "why" we preach, I always told my son, some families don't know Jesus, or His love for them, and can have very bad lives as a result. My aim was always to associate Jesus with the healing of lives, and bought to his attention their eternal need as well.
Yes, I think to model it is probably the best way of doing it. These kids don't live with us. I wish they did. Many of these children have parents that are drunk or what have you... So, that's a bit tough, but we keep working with them.
I made another video where I talk about actually raising children, like you do as a parent. I got a girl, who is like a daughter to me. I've known her from 5 years old. Just yesterday, she graduated from a program and I was so proud of her, she shared the Gospel in her graduation speech. She's got two Books memorized and is now working on memorizing Deuteronomy and she also teaches Hebrew to her groups. The girl that is teaching the little kids was actually discipled by her...

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Yes, that's true.... One wonders how they can identify as a Christian then...

It is the same ole problem that has affected humanity for ages, they simply think they can work their way back to God. And they think it is right because they go to church, read The Bible, have been baptized, repented from their sins, etc..

But they do not see it as work/obedience because they have redefine faith to included obedience.

Reactions: Kees Boer
Upvote 0

Kees Boer

Dec 14, 2021
Gainesville
Visit site
✟31,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is the same ole problem that has affected humanity for ages, they simply think they can work their way back to God. And they think it is right because they go to church, read The Bible, have been baptized, repented from their sins, etc..

But they do not see it as work/obedience because they have redefine faith to included obedience.
Yes, they think it is by good works that they can have eternal life. Not by trusting Christ as Savior!!! Ephesians 2:8,9, and Romans 4:5

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

Forgive me, but being baptized, being a part of the Church and repenting of sins is literally how the New Testament says we are to express our faith in Christ, which is why, for example, Martin Luther, who was so opposed to the concept of works-righteousness that he famously and controversially interpolated a word into Romans in his German Bible to make that point, also insisted in the absolute necessity of baptism and repentance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
If you train real tiny children how to share the Gospel, before they might even understand It totally, they will be totally natural at it when they grow older.
This is one of our missionaries teaching tiny little kids. Take 2 minutes and watch this. You'll be encouraged.

Very beautiful work Dr. Boer!

Yes, I think to model it is probably the best way of doing it. These kids don't live with us. I wish they did. Many of these children have parents that are drunk or what have you... So, that's a bit tough, but we keep working with them.
I made another video where I talk about actually raising children, like you do as a parent. I got a girl, who is like a daughter to me. I've known her from 5 years old. Just yesterday, she graduated from a program and I was so proud of her, she shared the Gospel in her graduation speech. She's got two Books memorized and is now working on memorizing Deuteronomy and she also teaches Hebrew to her groups. The girl that is teaching the little kids was actually discipled by her...

So these youths are basically indigant and neglected, and you are reaching out to them this way? Beautiful, exquisite.

Upvote 0

Kees Boer

Dec 14, 2021
Gainesville
Visit site
✟31,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Very beautiful work Dr. Boer!

So these youths are basically indigant and neglected, and you are reaching out to them this way? Beautiful, exquisite.
Yes, in many ways, these children are neglected. Their parents love them, but they are so busy trying to make a living, that for instance they'll never tell their children that they love them. But the love of Christ does wonders.... When they learn that they have Someone, Who died on the cross for them....

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

Kees Boer

Dec 14, 2021
Gainesville
Visit site
✟31,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Forgive me, but being baptized, being a part of the Church and repenting of sins is literally how the New Testament says we are to express our faith in Christ, which is why, for example, Martin Luther, who was so opposed to the concept of works-righteousness that he famously and controversially interpolated a word into Romans in his German Bible to make that point, also insisted in the absolute necessity of baptism and repentance.
We have to have permission from the parents to baptize them. Here in South America in the culture, that's seen as a huge step.... bigger than trusting Christ as Savior.

• Informative
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Nothing wrong with being baptized, repenting of sins or joining a church but a person (unbeliever) need to understand doing those actions does not give an unbeliever God's free gift of Eternal Life. So the unbeliever becomes a believer, a born again child of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Nothing wrong with being baptized, repenting of sins or joining a church but a person (unbeliever) need to understand doing those actions does not give an unbeliever God's free gift of Eternal Life. So the unbeliever becomes a believer, a born again child of God.
Here we have to agree to disagree, since I am of the same faith as the Early Church, the Orthodox, and Martin Luther, and indeed John Calvin, on this issue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
We have to have permission from the parents to baptize them. Here in South America in the culture, that's seen as a huge step.... bigger than trusting Christ as Savior.
I would hope at least some had been baptized by their parents before entering in the state in which you found them.

Here is an interesting fact about baptism: it is well known that anyone may do it in extremis, but according to the hagiography of St. Athanasius the Great, in his youth he inadvertently baptized two friends of his while playing near the church, which was witnessed by the bishop of Alexandria, St. Peter of Alexandria, who was killed under the Great Persecution of Emperor Diocletian; this event directly resulted in the ecclesiastical career of arguably the most important Church Father of the Fourth Century.

Of course since in the Nicene Creed we confess One Baptism for the Statement of Faith it is generally considered improper to rebaptize, which is why clergy from nearly any denomination will use, if there is any doubt as to a prior baptism having transpired, something like “(name), if Thou be not baptized, I baptize Thee in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.”

Upvote 0

Kees Boer

Dec 14, 2021
Gainesville
Visit site
✟31,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here we have to agree to disagree, since I am of the same faith as the Early Church, the Orthodox, and Martin Luther, and indeed John Calvin, on this issue.
Yes, actually those children are giving the answer to that question. If one believes on Jesus Christ they have eternal life. That's in John 6:47, John 5:24, John 3:16-18, Eph. 2:8,9, actually about 150 times in the Bible....So, regardless of what any church father says, the Word of God, the Bible is the Truth. Isa. 8:20. And someday, you won't be standing in front of any of these church fathers, but you'll stand in front of God Himself.

Reactions: d taylor
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-​

Neither the acts of love, or zeal, or repentance, or fear, or worship, or any other acts of obedience, are appointed as the means of our justification, because these actions carry in them an appearance of our doing something for God, our answering the demands of some law; and this would make our justification by a law of works: but faith is that act of soul whereby we renounce our own works as the ground of our acceptance; acknowledging our own unworthiness, and giving the entire honor to Divine grace. We are saved by grace, that God may have the glory of all.

Isaac Watts 1674-1748

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

So you want to forgo God's grace and seek instead to be judged on how well you lived your life. You do understand God judges you against His life.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
So you want to forgo God's grace and seek instead to be judged on how well you lived your life. You do understand God judges you against His life.
I did not say that, you are putting words in my mouth!

Upvote 0