✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Starting here

No, I didn't say that. I said that the law has a shadow.
Was or has, it makes no difference to the "shadow laws" of animal sacrifices and sin offerings from the Mosaic book of the old covenant being shadow laws fulfilled in Christ. Was is in context to the old covenant. We are in the new covenant now and these laws are shadow laws fulfilled in Christ to who they pointed to. Your post is unresponsive to the scriptures provided in post # 107 linked from Hebrews 10:1-12 that are in disagreement with you. Of course we can seek to try and explain away God's Word or we can choose to believe what Gods Word says. I prefer the latter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The central focus on the law, instead of Jesus really makes it a relevant verse.
The focus of the law is all about Jesus as it is the law that shows us that we are all sinners and leads us to Christ that we might be forgiven through faith *Galatians 3:22-25. For it is through the law we have a knowledge of what sin is Romans 3:20.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is also the fulfillment of the sabbath.
According to the scriptures, Jesus obeyed (fulfilled) everyone of Gods' 10 commandments and is the fulfillment of all the laws of remission of sins from the Mosaic book of the law *Hebrews 10:1-12. There is no scripture anywhere in the bible that says Gods' 4th commandment of the 10 commandments is a shadow law fulfilled in Jesus as it points backward to the finished work of creation not forwards to things to come and was made before sin not after sin when the shadow laws were made *see Genesis 2:1-3.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The focus of the law is all about Jesus as it is the law that shows us that we are all sinners and leads us to Christ that we might be forgiven through faith *Galatians 3:22-25. For it is through the law we have a knowledge of what sin is.
It is because of kindness, that we know when we're being abused.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Agreed and everyone of Gods' 10 commandments.
To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. (Colossians 1:27)

Blessings.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was or has, it makes no difference to the "shadow laws" of animal sacrifices and sin offerings from the Mosaic book of the old covenant being shadow laws fulfilled in Christ. Was is in context to the old covenant. We are in the new covenant now and theses laws are shadow laws fulfilled in Christ to who they pointed to. Your post is unresponsive to the scriptures provided in post # 107 linked from Hebrews 10:1-12 that are in disagreement with you. Of course we can seek to try and explain away God's Word or we can choose to believe what Gods Word says. I prefer the latter.
What I was talking about wasn't the difference between was versus has.

Rather I was talking about the difference between having versus is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Your repeated misrepresentations to the contrary, I have never embraced such an absurd position.
There is no misrepresentation. If your teaching Gods' 10 commandments are abolished then your teaching lawlessness (my meaning here of course already explained many times now is without law not law) in context to Gods' 10 commandments. Gods' Word does not teach that Gods' 10 commandments have been abolished in the new covenant therefore your claim that God's 10 commandments has been abolished is a teaching of lawlessness (without law, no law).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It is because of kindness, that we know when we're being abused.
See post 41 linked and post # 42 linked. Love to God and our fellow man is expressed through obedience to God's law not by breaking Gods' law therefore does not abolished Gods' law but establishes Gods' law in all those who have faith *Romans 3:31; Romans 13:8-10.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. (Colossians 1:27)

Blessings.

Which is where the law leads us to *Galatians 3:22-25. How can you know you are in need of a Savior if you do not know what sin is and what do you think the meaning of the words of Jesus are in Matthew 9:12-13?

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That really brings out the evolving narrative or unfolding story of the Bible.
I suggest that it is knee-to-the-groin obvious that the Bible presents an evolving narrative.

Not that this will deter those who are determined to freeze all its statements in time as if God is not actually doing anything in the world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I suggest that it is knee-to-the-groin obvious that the Bible presents an evolving narrative.

Not that this will deter those who are determined to freeze all its statements in time as if God is not actually doing anything in the world.
You can seek to explain away the scriptures all you like but you know I am only sharing God's Word with you in love only as a help to you. They are Gods' Words not mine and we should simply believe and follow them as they are God's blessing to all who will receive them.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is no misrepresentation. If your teaching Gods' 10 commandments are abolishes then your teaching lawlessness (without law not law) in context to Gods' 10 commandments
You know its interesting.......

You have to know that lawlessness is a general concept - Jovians on Jupiter can be can be lawless if they have any kind of law.

And they do not know the 10 commandments even exist.

You know all this stuff. And yet you persist in promoting the abject falsehood that I am defending lawlessness.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You know its interesting.......

You have to know that lawlessness is a general concept - Jovians on Jupiter can be can be lawless if they have any kind of law.

And they do not know the 10 commandments even exist.

You know all this stuff. And yet you persist in promoting the abject falsehood that I am defending lawlessness.
Sorry dear friend I do not believe you as shown why in the many post and scriptures shared with you that provide context that is in disagreement to your claims that God's 10 commandments have been abolished that you are unwilling to discuss with me. Of course you are free to believe as you wish. I prefer the scriptures teach. So we will agree to disagree. I hope only the best for you and that you will take some time to revisit some of the posts and scriptures that have been shared with you only in love and as a help to you.

Take Care.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which still does not address anything in post # 107 linked from Hebrews 10:1-12 that is in disagreement with you that your seeking to explain away but will not discuss?
Post 116 is not intended to discuss your post 107.

Now... Would you like to do an in-depth discussion of Hebrews 10? If so, would you like to do it here or on a different thread?

Some of the issues on my mind are whether the writer means that certain laws are temporary or the entire law casts a shadow, and some of the details of that shadow are animal sacrifices.

There is also a real question about whether the writer is making use of Plato's allegory of the cave.

Let me know, and May the peace of the Lord be always with you!

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Post 116 is not intended to discuss your post 107.

Now... Would you like to do an in-depth discussion of Hebrews 10? If so, would you like to do it here or on a different thread?

Some of the issues on my mind are whether the writer means that certain laws are temporary or the entire law casts a shadow, and some of the details of that shadow are animal sacrifices.

There is also a real question about whether the writer is making use of Plato's allegory of the cave.

Let me know, and May the peace of the Lord be always with you!

Do it here. Start by addressing post # 107 linked that is quoting Hebrews 10:1-12 showing that the Mosaic "shadow laws" of animal sacrifices and sin offerings for remission of sins written in the book of the covenant are not shadow laws pointing to Jesus in the new covenant. My position is that the scriptures provided in the linked post and Hebrews 10:1-12 are stating that the laws of animal sacrifices and sin offerings were shadow laws point to Jesus as God's true sacrifice for the sins of the world once and for all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.