Auckland
✟20,586.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The exodus happened about 1530 BC, give or take a decade.

There are a lot of historical synchronisms from Abraham's lifetime until the exile to Babylon that establish the Bible's own timeline as accurate.

For me, the most interesting synchronism is in Genesis 36 where the list of the kings of Edom actually tracks the invasion of the Hyksos into Egypt. Their rule of Egypt began about 1610 BC.

Also, Queen Hatshepsut mentioned the presence of the Hebrews in the Nile Delta in the Great Papyrus just after 1500 BC, and she took credit for expelling them.
I have mentioned this before but in my calculations the Exodus occurred in 2454 AM, 1496 BC.

This date has also been confirmed by others.

My calculations are based on scriptural references working from 609 BC.

Placing King Neco killing King Josiah on 609 BC, this is also confirmed external to scripture. This Battle of Megiddo is recorded as having taken place in 609 BC.

2Kinks 23:29-30, 2Chron 35:20-27

Shalom

Upvote 0

ha-adamah

Feb 23, 2022
Spokane, Washington
✟15,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I have mentioned this before but in my calculations the Exodus occurred in 2454 AM, 1496 BC.

This date has also been confirmed by others.

My calculations are based on scriptural references working from 609 BC.

Placing King Neco killing King Josiah on 609 BC, this is also confirmed external to scripture. This Battle of Megiddo is recorded as having taken place in 609 BC.

2Kinks 23:29-30, 2Chron 35:20-27

Shalom

Between 1530 and 1496 you may find nothing more than a margin of error, not worth a quibble.

My date is based on a study of ancient texts that mention Biblical events, so I'm usually very precise. Here are a few more:

1. The first mention of the Philistines in Egyptian literature was about 1180 BC, the same date as the appearance of the Philistines in the book of Judges.

2. The Amarna Letters went silent about 1353 BC according to William Moran, only 2 years difference from where Judges places the beginning of Barak's term (1353 to 1333 BC). The Amarna Letters tell the same story as Judges 4-5 but from the point of view of the Canaanite kings.

3. The oldest mention of "Hebrew" as an ethnicity comes from the Nuzi letters where Hebrew slaves were being traded in Iran about 1440 BC, shortly after Israel was invaded by Cushan-rishathaim of Mesopotamia. This is an Assyrian name by ethnicity.

Upvote 0