Three Academics And Seven Hoax Papers Expose The Western Academy’s Deep Corruption

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Three Academics And Seven Hoax Papers Expose The Western Academy’s Deep Corruption | The Federalist

There was a time when academia was controlled by pseudoscience. Ideas of phrenology and craniometry, alchemy, para-psychology, Lysenkoism, and other ideological gibberish used to be funded.
I woke up to what might be considered the biggest-ever prank perpetrated by three Anglo-American academics in an attempt to showcase the fraudulent, cancerous disciplines that are spreading within the Western academy. In a course of one year, they came out with seven peer-reviewed hoax papers, all in feminist, post-modernist, gender and race studies, and sociology journals. One is quite literally a paraphrase of Adolf Hitler’s “Mein Kampf” garbed in a feminist language.
Activist departments like these decide who will speak at a university, who will be de-platformed, and who will be protested. They write open letters signed by thousands of fellow travelers and activists to set a course of debate within academia and instigate students to violence. Their self-referential journals, often citing one another, notch up “peer reviewed” papers that are at best gobbledygook, and at worst ideological subversion. They publish inter-disciplinary papers, with which they hijack science, anthropology, economics, politics, philosophy, security, and international relations departments ...

But we already know where it is leading. The resultant cancer, as they say, is fairly evident. Recently a physicist was suspended from CERN for presenting perfectly scientific slides to explain why there’s a gender gap in science. The result was a female scientist’s hysterical tweet thread, and this man was James Damore-d.

Sir Tim Hunt’s career was previously destroyed in a similar way, for a misplaced joke. Not to mention the protests, deplatforming, riots, and capitulations of a vast majority of academia by this bullying minority, and their activist student armies.

The virus has already spread. The worst part? You are paying for it, in more ways than one. The taxpayers are paying for neo-Marxists and feminists to hijack higher education and shape society, and lead us toward a frightful, dystopic future.

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Three Academics And Seven Hoax Papers Expose The Western Academy’s Deep Corruption | The Federalist

There was a time when academia was controlled by pseudoscience. Ideas of phrenology and craniometry, alchemy, para-psychology, Lysenkoism, and other ideological gibberish used to be funded.
I woke up to what might be considered the biggest-ever prank perpetrated by three Anglo-American academics in an attempt to showcase the fraudulent, cancerous disciplines that are spreading within the Western academy. In a course of one year, they came out with seven peer-reviewed hoax papers, all in feminist, post-modernist, gender and race studies, and sociology journals. One is quite literally a paraphrase of Adolf Hitler’s “Mein Kampf” garbed in a feminist language.
Activist departments like these decide who will speak at a university, who will be de-platformed, and who will be protested. They write open letters signed by thousands of fellow travelers and activists to set a course of debate within academia and instigate students to violence. Their self-referential journals, often citing one another, notch up “peer reviewed” papers that are at best gobbledygook, and at worst ideological subversion. They publish inter-disciplinary papers, with which they hijack science, anthropology, economics, politics, philosophy, security, and international relations departments ...

But we already know where it is leading. The resultant cancer, as they say, is fairly evident. Recently a physicist was suspended from CERN for presenting perfectly scientific slides to explain why there’s a gender gap in science. The result was a female scientist’s hysterical tweet thread, and this man was James Damore-d.

Sir Tim Hunt’s career was previously destroyed in a similar way, for a misplaced joke. Not to mention the protests, deplatforming, riots, and capitulations of a vast majority of academia by this bullying minority, and their activist student armies.

The virus has already spread. The worst part? You are paying for it, in more ways than one. The taxpayers are paying for neo-Marxists and feminists to hijack higher education and shape society, and lead us toward a frightful, dystopic future.

I'd be careful of this kind of supposed 'expose,' NightHawkeye............ I'll let you figure out 'why,' bro!

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is that a threat?

Of course not! I'm a fellow Christian. But just because I ask a question doesn't mean I'm "against" you, NightHawkeye. It also doesn't mean that I'm either a Left-winger or a Right-winger. I'm simply trying to bring something to your attention that you have overlooked. ;)

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Of course not! I'm a fellow Christian. But just because I ask a question doesn't mean I'm "against" you, NightHawkeye. It also doesn't mean that I'm either a Left-winger or a Right-winger. I'm simply trying to bring something to your attention that you have overlooked. ;)
Then feel free to PM me with any important details you would like to bring to my attention. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then feel free to PM me with any important details you would like to bring to my attention. Thanks in advance.
[edit]...response moved to other OP.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Here's an OP-ED from the New York Times -

Opinion | What the ‘Grievance Studies’ Hoax Really Shows

And for context, here's an actual article from the Times -

Hoaxers Slip Breastaurants and Dog-Park Sex Into Journals

The problem, to put it simply, is that there are people who believe that anything and everything that is published in a journal should be taken at face value, period. They put so much trust in the prospect of peer-review that they don't consider what might happen if the journal isn't actually peer-reviewed or the peers should ever fall down on the job.

About a decade ago I had a knock-down argument on the internet with some people who told me that as a "non-scientist" I had "no right" to question anything ever published by a journal even though my training in marketing research told me that the study they were crowing over was poorly designed to the point that it could have affected the outcome and that I could point them to an entire forum of people who had similar reservations.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Here's an OP-ED from the New York Times -

Opinion | What the ‘Grievance Studies’ Hoax Really Shows

And for context, here's an actual article from the Times -

Hoaxers Slip Breastaurants and Dog-Park Sex Into Journals

The problem, to put it simply, is that there are people who believe that anything and everything that is published in a journal should be taken at face value, period. They put so much trust in the prospect of peer-review that they don't consider what might happen if the journal isn't actually peer-reviewed or the peers should ever fall down on the job.

About a decade ago I had a knock-down argument on the internet with some people who told me that as a "non-scientist" I had "no right" to question anything ever published by a journal even though my training in marketing research told me that the study they were crowing over was poorly designed to the point that it could have affected the outcome and that I could point them to an entire forum of people who had similar reservations.

I think people need to understand that there's a huge difference between a physics paper that's based on mathematical formulas and repeatable results...and soft science like psychology, sociology and the like.

I've seen posters on this forum quote grad student papers as "evidence" of racism. People who don't even have a job in their field will put out anything that they believe will make a name for themselves.

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The problem, to put it simply, is that there are people who believe that anything and everything that is published in a journal should be taken at face value, period.

There's people on this site that think that about stuff on infowars...and you think journals are the problem?

Back on topic, the study clearly shows some of the issues with over specialized areas of soft/social sciences, as was reported in the civil but otherwise identical thread that NHE started in this forum an hour after this one:

New York Times: What the ‘Grievance Studies’ Hoax Really Shows

I'm so glad he decided to open a second one that quotes the federalist, which goes on to smear other sciences because reasons. I guess NHE was worried the other thread was too correctly worded and might accidentally result in some interesting discussion.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The biggest problem in the soft sciences I've heard latley is that, they do a experiment that shows X psychological effect, and it's taken as truth, but no one wants to verify if and do more tests, because it's less sexy proving what was already known, it's more exciting to come up with new things, or debunk, and then 10-15 years later when they are retested they can't be replicated, been alot of older studies that have been showing this latly. I think alot of it comes from not doing repeated tests and new protocals to try to verify if something is true, especially in the soft sciences where getting a few thousand people to do a proper study is expensive and isn't easy.

But even see it in the ocasional hard sciences, but more in the, "X was once believed, and no one tested." like how till recently it was belived some snakes were venemous, or that komodo dragon killed by bacteria, and other such things.

Upvote 0