• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thou Doth Protest Too Much, Methinks

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by iluvatar5150, Dec 6, 2017.

1. We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Ygrene Imref

Ygrene Imref Well-Known Member

+1,055
    Other Religion
    Celibate
  3. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Newbie

+5,991
    Other Religion
    Oh, I would consider it incredibly patronizing if someone kept touching my arm like that and probably would've made some kind of scene if he'd kept at it.

But making comments about him being gay? Come on. It wasn't even clever.

4. Gadarene

Gadarene -______-

+2,445
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    UK-Labour
    Yeah, that’s pretty weak.

Equally, I can only imagine the shrieking that would occur if the guy put his hand on a female colleague, he’d be getting metoo’d at that point.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  5. Ygrene Imref

+1,055
    Other Religion
    Celibate
    I agree; if you don't like being touched then you should make that clear at some point.

6. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,646
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Wondering what this Rep. would think if he shook hand with President Trump who can't shake hands without touching the other guy's jacket sleeve AND pulling the guy towards him. :swoon:

7. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+3,916
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
  8. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+6,944
    Unitarian
    Married
    Yeah, wimmen!

9. wing2000

wing2000 Ex Crosswalk Member Supporter

+3,752
    Christian
    Married
    ...maybe he wasn't hugged enough as child.

10. Gadarene

Gadarene -______-

+2,445
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    UK-Labour
    Wahmen.

Listen to wahmen

11. Ygrene Imref

+1,055
    Other Religion
    Celibate
    Or, maybe he was -_-

Some people respond to love with hate, and because they never tried to evolve their psychology and heart, they remain surly and lash out at every thing remotely suggestive of the trauma that (they think) caused them to be that way.

Why not change? Perhaps he has tried to, but found it too difficult to live on the other pole of sensation (namely peace and love). However, depending on how deep the trauma went (and his career choice as a politician,) he may have found it more useful to stay as he is.

12. bhsmte

bhsmte Newbie

+10,858
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    And you know your assumptions would apply in this case, how exactly?

13. Gadarene

Gadarene -______-

+2,445
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    UK-Labour
    Again, when a man does this to a woman, it’s assumed the guy is a creep. How is this any different from what is usually assumed?

14. Ygrene Imref

+1,055
    Other Religion
    Celibate
    Also, it isn't so much of an assumption as it is a hypothetical analysis: the entire thesis was predicated on a reply to a hypothetical suggestion (that he wasn't hugged enough as a child.)

I offered an argument suggesting the contrary - that he was hugged too much, or shown too much love. This was all supposed to be clear by context.

If you saw my earlier post, I also offered an apology as to why one would react in a similar way to someone else touching them. However, I did make a note on the extremity of his response, and suggested that he may actually be ignorant of a culture in which people make physical contact during conversation (although, he still doesn't have to like/put up with it.)