*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To Solo:

I am not, and never have denied the Jews' heritage as God's Chosen People, nor have I ever denied the Christian heritage as "adopted" Jews through Christ.

However, I disagree that siding with one party or another in a POLITICAL bloodbath is part of the Jewish heritage. Remember, God allowed the Jews to be overrun many, many times in the Old Testament.

Plus... The Arabs ALSO share in the heritage of God's Chosen People, through Hagar and Ishmael.

This is something for GOD to decide, not the US.

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To Didymus:

Genesis 21: 9-20

9 Sarah noticed the son whom Hagar the Egyptian had borne to Abraham playing with her son Isaac; 20 so she demanded of Abraham: "Drive out that slave and her son! No son of that slave is going to share in the inheritance with my son Isaac!" 11 Abraham was greatly distressed, expecially on account of his son Ishmael. 12 But God said to Abraham: "Do not be distressed about the boy or about your slave woman. Heed the demands of Sarah, no matter what she is asking of you; for it is through Isaac that descendants shall bear your name. 13 As for the son of the slave woman, I will make a great nation of him also, since he too is your offspring." 14 Early the next morning Abraham got some bread and a skin of water and gave them to Hagar. Then, placing the child on her back, he sent her away. As she roamed aimlessly in the wilderness of Beer-sheba, 15 the water in the skin was used up. So she put the child down under a shrub, 16 and then went and sat down opposite him, about a bowshot away; for she said to herself, "Let me not watch to see the child die." As she sat opposite him, he began to cry. 17 God heard the boy's cry, and God's messenger called to Hagar from heaven: "What is the matter, Hagar? Don't be afraid; God has heard the boy'd cry in this plight of his. 18 Arise, lift up the boy and hold him by the hand; for I will make of him a great nation." 19 Then God opened her eyes, and she saw a well of water. She went and filled the skin with water, and then let the boy drink. 20 God was with the boy as he grew up. He lived in the wilderness and became an expert bowman, 21 with his home in the wilderness of Paran. His mother got a wife for him from the land of Egypt.

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To Didymus:

Genesis 17: 1-8

1 When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to him and said: "I am God the Almighty. Walk in my presence and be blameless. 2 Between yu and me I will establish my covenant, and I will multiply you exceedingly." 3 When Abram prostrated himself, God continued to speak to him: 4 "My covenant with you is this: you are to become the father of a host of nations. 5 No longer shall you be called Abram; your name shall be Abraham, for I am making you the father of a host of nations. I will render you exceedingly fertile; I will make nations of you; kings shall stem from you. 7 I will maintain my covenant with you and your descendants after you throughout the ages as an everlasting pact, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you. 8 I will give to you and to your descendants after you the land in which you are now staying, the whole land of Canaan, as a permanent possession; and I will be their God."

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
you have discovered some excellent Scripture but look at this,
Genesis 16

6 "Your servant is in your hands," Abram said. "Do with her whatever you think best." Then Sarai mistreated
Hagar; so she fled from her.

7 The angel of the Lord found Hagar near a spring in the desert; it was the spring that is beside the road to Shur.

8 And he said, "Hagar, servant of Sarai, where have you come from, and where are you going?"
"I'm running away from my mistress Sarai," she answered.

9 Then the angel of the Lord told her, "Go back to your mistress and submit to her."

10 The angel added, "I will so increase your descendants that they will be too numerous to count."

11 The angel of the Lord also said to her:

"You are now with child
and you will have a son.
You shall name him Ishmael,
for the Lord has heard of your misery.
12 He will be a wild donkey of a man;
his hand will be against everyone
and everyone's hand against him,
and he will live in hostility
toward all his brothers."

Upvote 0

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
And
Genesis 25

12 This is the account of Abraham's son Ishmael, whom Sarah's maidservant, Hagar the Egyptian, bore to
Abraham.

13 These are the names of the sons of Ishmael, listed in the order of their birth: Nebaioth the firstborn of
Ishmael, Kedar, Adbeel, Mibsam,

14 Mishma, Dumah, Massa,

15 Hadad, Tema, Jetur, Naphish and Kedemah.

16 These were the sons of Ishmael, and these are the names of the twelve tribal rulers according to their settlements
and camps.

17 Altogether, Ishmael lived a hundred and thirty-seven years. He breathed his last and died, and he
was gathered to his people.

18 His descendants settled in the area from Havilah to Shur, near the border of Egypt, as you go toward Asshur. And they lived in hostility toward all their brothers.

Upvote 0

Kiwi

Feb 21, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟963.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with VOW. Solo, you should at least acknowledge that, while the Jews may be God's choosen people, Israel is not blameless in the current middle eastern crisis. The bible does not gloss over Israels faults, and neither should we. I find this whole emphasis on Israel rather disconcerting so I looked up if Jesus said anything about Israel as a political entity and and what I remember is that he said that "his kingdom was not of this world" and he did not seem in a hurry to restore a political status to his people, the Jewish people, which is what they were hoping he would do. If as much prayer went into praying for other nations as it does for Israel the Great Commission would probably have been complete by now. Yes, we should pray for Israel, but keep it in balance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.