Those loving terrorists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by solo66 man
Interesting you mention the Six Day War. If the Jews were not God's people, they would have been crushed. But won a war mounted against them by several Arab/Muslim nations to push them by into the sea, in just six days.
Praise Yahweh.

Or praise superior training, weapons, desire to win, and not to mention plenty of help from the United States.
The Bible might say that the Jews are God's chosen people, but we shouldn't apply that to everything about them. It's not logical.

Upvote 0

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
Originally posted by brt28006

Or praise superior training, weapons, desire to win, and not to mention plenty of help from the United States.
The Bible might say that the Jews are God's chosen people, but we shouldn't apply that to everything about them. It's not logical.
Actually, the Jews were outmanned, out gunned, and out trained. The Soviet Union was supplying the Egyptians, we were supplying as now the Saudis, plus they were against Lebonon, Yemen, Iraq, and the Paletinians. All against the Hebrews with very little backing from the USA.
As it is said, "Not by might, Not by power, but by His Spirit." Amen.

Upvote 0

strathyboy

Jan 30, 2002
Visit site
✟1,376.00
I've just been reading a bit about it, and here's a few points of note:

1. War was imminent in the region, and several other nations had mobilized troops. But the Israeli's struck first, destroying most of Egypt's air force on the ground.

2. The Israeli's were indeed better trained and had superior military leaders. They also won every air battle and their air force was instrumental in winning the war.

3. Israel, despite a UN Resolution, has refused to give back most of the lands it took during the war.

And on a side note that is a bit off topic...
If the Jews were the chosen ones of God and Christians should be allies with them, why were most Christians blatantly antisemitic for almost 2000 years up until the holocaust? Martin Luther was one of the most virulent antisemites the world has every seen, believing that the Jews should be isolated from society and potentially killed.

Upvote 0

Didymus

can t spell--can t type
Feb 3, 2002
New York state
✟10,771.00
Faith
Protestant
There were a lot of false teachings about Jews for years and some still persist to this day. For example:Jews were theives cheats and swindlers.; they were responsible for the black death;they killed Christ--I heard this all the time growing up.
My personal favorite is that the US is in the mess it is because the Jews run the media, financial world ,and the government. They want to make the US subject to Isreal.
I personally would be very afraid to go against the Jews. That dosen t mean I would not correct one if I saw him doing something wrong.--There are good and bad in every race/culture/religion. But I will support the Jews in Isreal and America if it was a question of choice.

Upvote 0

strathyboy

Jan 30, 2002
Visit site
✟1,376.00
I agree with you on the misconceptions. But from what I read in here, it seems as though people think Christians and Jews have always gotten along. Just pointing out that Jews and Christians getting along is a relatively new development.

Here's an interesting quote I found...

"Every time we do something you tell me America will do this and will do that . . . I want to tell you something very clear: Don't worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it."
- Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, October 8th, 2001.

Upvote 0

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
More from those poor mistreated muslims.

In the News this morning from the news agency Reuters .

The first new pictures in several months of an American missionary couple held hostage in the Philippines have been released showing them apparently healthy and reading a statement from their captors.

A video obtained by Reuters News Agency shows Martin and Gracia Burnham in the forefront of the screen flanked by hooded heavily armed guards.

The statement, read by Martin Burnham, said their Abu Sayyaf captors were targeting Americans, Europeans and other Westerners because of U.S. policies in the Middle East.

The statement also indicated that the Abu Sayyaf regards itself as part of Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda network, something U.S. and Philippine officials have long said they suspect.

The statement began "I, Martin Burnham and my wife Gracia, both U.S. citizens, were taken captive on May 27, 2001 at the Dos Palmas resort in Palawan by the Al Qaeda's 'Al Harakatul Islamiah,' or known as the Abu Sayyaf group."

He then went on to detail five specific areas of grievance, including U.S. support for Israel, sanctions against Iraq and Libya, and support for the "Philippine government's illegal and immoral annexation and occupation of Muslim lands."

According to Reuters the cameraman, who identified himself as a former Muslim rebel, would not say exactly where he shot the video.

He told the news agency he made the tape in mid-January after being granted access to Abu Sayyaf's hideouts in Jolo and Basilan.

His statement could not be independently verified, Reuters said.

Since January U.S. special forces have joined Filipino troops in the jungles of Basilan island in a bid to flush out the bandits and secure the release of the Burnhams and another hostage, Filipina nurse Deborah Yap. (More on U.S. deployments in the war on terror)

The Burnhams, from Wichita Kansas, were seized in May 2001along with American Guillermo Sobero and 17 Filipinos .

Sobero, a Californian native, was later found to have been beheaded after his remains were uncovered by Filipino troops near the Abu Sayyaf's jungle hideout in Basilan province.

The other 16 Filipinos, apart from Yap, were later released after some of their families reportedly paid huge amounts of ransom.

The U.S. has put Abu Sayyaf on a global list of terrorist groups with suspected links to the al Qaeda network of Osama bin Laden.

Upvote 0
Well, America has a right to ally itself with whoever it wants. Let's say that Palestine attacks Israel (again), or vice versa (again); there will inevitably be a split in America between who support Islam and who supports Judaism. But lets say that the Czech Republic (probably a bad example but i'm not sure who we're allied with in europe) attacks Germany. I don't think that anyone would protest if we went to help the Germans.

But , people will protest US support of Israel because they view it as being the direct support of a religion, and I must agree with the protesters if that is indeed the case. The US should not ally itself with any religion, but with the nation of Israel itself, and with its Christian, Muslim, and Jewish population as a whole. Only then will we be able to work the situation out. Remember that Palestine is not a sovereign nation that the US recognizes as far as I know, and we should view them as being Israelis.

Upvote 0

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
Palestinians are not Israelites, or Israelis. They are Palestinians. Israel is Jewish. If you would read the bible you would know that. You would also see God gave Israel to the Jews and not to the Palestinians.
We should ally ourselves with the Jews. Christianity is actually very Jewish. Christ is a Jew. Abraham was the first Jew on earth. Jacob whom God named Israel was a Jew.
It is a Jewish nation. It is God's will that we ally ourselves with Israel on just those premises.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Palestinians are not Israelites, or Israelis. They are Palestinians. Israel is Jewish. If you would read the bible you would know that. You would also see God gave Israel to the Jews and not to the Palestinians.
We should ally ourselves with the Jews. Christianity is actually very Jewish. Christ is a Jew. Abraham was the first Jew on earth. Jacob whom God named Israel was a Jew.
It is a Jewish nation. It is God's will that we ally ourselves with Israel on just those premises.

When I was referring to Israel I was not referring to the Biblical tribes of Israel but to the land within the political boundaries that are recognized as being Israel today. Within those boundaries are people comprising various religions, with an enormous majority of them either being Muslim or Jewish, and to a lesser extent Christians and people of other faiths which are on the decline.

For the sake of argument, let's say that we forsake the people of other religions in today's Israel, and ally ourselves with its Jewish population on the premises, as you said, of God's will. If we were to do that then there would never be peace in the region.

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Palestinians were the occupiers of the land that became the nation of Israel. At the end of WW II, Palestine was under British control, and Great Britain was pressured by the United States to allow the misplaced Jews from Europe to settle there. It's been a nasty mess ever since, and the mess got even nastier following the Six Days' War when Israel "conquered" adjacent lands and has since built settlements there.

If a group of WWF wrestlers barged into your house, moved all their stuff in, plopped themselves down in your living room and said they were now living in the house that God gave them several thousand years ago, wouldn't YOU be upset?

I'm NOT saying the Palestinians are right, the Israelis are wrong. I'm saying this is a tragic, messed-up situation, and there is no right, no wrong. And suicide bombers and mortar attacks won't solve the problem unless they succeed in killing ALL the contenders.

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0

marmaladePRO

Dec 17, 2001
Medicine Hat Alberta, Canada
Visit site
✟1,720.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
"If a group of WWF wrestlers barged into your house, moved all their stuff in, plopped themselves down in your living room and said they were now living in the house that God gave them several thousand years ago, wouldn't YOU be upset? "
doesn't that mistake the aggressor of the 6 days war... regardless of the outcome (israel obviously was the victor) my interpreation of the events of the six days war were that of decisive victory based in *self defense*.
now, if a bunch of WCW wrestlers barged into my house (in make believe ;) ) and i repelled them, gaining their yards in the process... to the victor go the spoils? the reasons i keep the yards are plenty, and the *conditions* that they can idividually recieve their original yards back are strict!
( i assure you, i DO NOT live next to famous wrestlers... on either side :D lucky them ;))

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

marmaladePRO

Dec 17, 2001
Medicine Hat Alberta, Canada
Visit site
✟1,720.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
oh, :(

i kinda liked the idea of pretending i lived next to Randy the Macho Man.... or Ted Debiasi (sp?) who is a born again evangelist by the way... i've heard him speak.. :D

thanks for the clarification then... my post looks kinda outta context then :)

Upvote 0

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
Attacks rock Israel

Saturday, March 9, 2002

At least 13 people were killed and dozens more injured in back-to-back Palestinian terror attacks Saturday that came at the close of the Jewish Sabbath as Israelis gathered outside to socialize.

In one attack, a Palestinian suicide bomber killed at least 11 people and wounded more than 50 at a popular cafe in downtown Jerusalem, Israeli police said.

The bombing, which occurred near Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's official residence, came about two hours after a separate terror attack in the northern coastal city of Netanya killed two people, including a baby girl , and wounded 34 others.

The twin attacks marked the second weekend in a row that bloodshed has marred the close of the Jewish Sabbath. Throughout Saturday, Israeli forces continued military action against Palestinian targets, including Palestinian Authority President Yasser Arafat's headquarters in Gaza. The compound was destroyed, but Arafat was not there, confined by Israeli tanks to his offices in Ramallah in the West Bank.

The Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, the military wing of Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat's Fatah movement, claimed responsibility for Saturday's attacks. The group has taken responsibility for a recent series of bloody attacks on Israeli civilians.

The Palestinian Islamic fundamentalist group Hamas, which the U.S. State Department labels a terrorist organization, also claimed responsibility for the Jerusalem cafe attack .

"We are in a war, a very brutal war that has been waged against every Jewish person in the heart of Jerusalem," Jerusalem Mayor Ehud Olmert said. "My city is bleeding, day in and day out, with tens of civilians killed."

Rescue workers swarmed over the area shortly after the bombing. Black body bags were laid on the ground, which was spattered with blood and surgical gloves discarded by rescue workers.

Police said they did not believe Sharon was the intended target of the bombing.

In the Netanya attack, Israeli security forces killed the two gunmen. Police described a scene of bloodshed and mayhem after the Palestinians opened fire in a area of hotels and restaurants along the Mediterranean Sea.

The gunmen, according to Israeli police, shot indiscriminately in all directions in an area adjacent to a pedestrian walkway. After the men began shooting, they split up, with one firing inside a hotel lobby and the other firing on pedestrians outside.

Two people -- a man and a 9-month-old girl -- later died. At least three others were seriously wounded, Israeli ambulance workers said. Eight people were described as moderately wounded and the rest were said to be lightly wounded.

The latest carnage follows a week in which more than 140 people were killed in Israel-Palestinian violence. Israel escalated its military operations after a suicide bombing in a crowded Jerusalem neighborhood after Sabbath last Saturday and sniper attacks on military checkpoints last weekend.

Chief Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erakat said the Palestinian Authority condemned attacks on civilians, but criticized Israel for incursions into the West Bank and Gaza on Friday that killed dozens of Palestinians.

"This is the killing fields out there, and I think the shortest way to save Israeli lives, and to save Palestinian lives, is to resume a meaningful negotiation that would lead to the end of the Israeli occupation," Erakat said.

Dore Gold, a spokesman for Sharon, defended the incursions into the Palestinian territories.

"You cannot harbor and give shelter to international terrorist organizations and expect a country to just absorb these blows," Gold said.

The terror attacks followed moves by Israel and the United States to break a diplomatic impasse that has existed since December. Sharon softened his stance on negotiations Friday, dropping a longstanding demand for seven days without violence as a prerequisite.

And President Bush announced he would send special Mideast envoy Anthony Zinni back to the region next week, despite earlier assertions that Zinni would only return to the Middle East if the violence subsided. (Full story)

"The day's events underscore the importance of General Zinni's mission and the need for both sides to heed the president's words on Thursday," a Bush administration official said Saturday.

After Saturday's terror attacks, Israeli helicopters fired missiles into the Al Amaari refugee camp, south of Ramallah, striking a car and killing one Palestinian man, according to Palestinian sources.

Israeli warplanes also fired 15 missiles at the Gaza compound of Arafat early Sunday, a Palestinian security source said.

Earlier, Palestinians security sources said Israeli helicopters fired at least nine missiles Saturday at checkpoints around Arafat's Gaza compound. The sources said 24 Palestinian security officers were wounded, including four members of Arafat's personal guard, Force 17.

Saturday began with the Israel Defense Forces reporting that its said its troops found 10 Qassam-2 rockets and an explosives lab at Tulkarem refugee camp in the West Bank.

The Qassam-2, which has been fired periodically at Israeli targets since February, enables militant groups to strike deeper into Israeli territory than ever before, according Israel officials.

Israeli forces moved into the camp Saturday in armored personnel carriers and rounded up about 500 men and boys for questioning at a school for Palestinian refugees run by the U.N. Relief and Works Agency.

An Israeli soldier was killed in Tulkarem on Friday, the Israeli army said.

In another development, Palestinian security forces arrested a fourth man in connection with last October's assassination of Israeli Tourism Minister Rehavam Zeevi, the Palestinian Authority said Saturday.

Authority sources identified the man as Majdi al-Rimawi, a member of Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, which claimed responsibility for Zeevi's death.

The PFLP is a Palestinian militant group that has committed numerous international terrorist attacks and has conducted attacks against Israeli or moderate Arab targets, according to the U.S. State Department.

Palestinian Authority sources also said al-Rimawi was the last suspect to be arrested under the conditions set up by Israel to lift its restrictions on Arafat, who has been restricted by the Israelis to Ramallah for three months.

The Israeli military reported an exchange of gunfire between its forces and gunmen in Bethlehem, where the Palestine Red Crescent Society reported a 15-year-old Palestinian girl died from a gunshot wound to the head.

Palestinian sources said Israeli troops who were surrounding the Deheishe refugee camp in Bethlehem had moved into the camp, calling to residents to stay in their homes. The IDF denied troops had entered the camp, but it did acknowledge surrounding it.

Early Saturday evening, Palestinian security sources reported Israeli F-16s fired a missile toward Arafat's residence in Nablus and three people wounded. The IDF said it was checking the report.

Friday was the bloodiest day in the current uprising, with more than 55 reported dead, including five teen-age Israeli students killed in a terror attack in Gaza and one Israeli soldier killed in Tulkarem, and 48 Palestinians killed in subsequent strikes. Two Palestinian militants carrying out terror attacks also died. (Full story)

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To Solo:

It seems some do not believe we should side with the Jew, to whom God gave Israel. If that is the case, youi had better reevaluate your stance with Christ.

That's a pretty harsh statement, almost bordering on judging a person's salvation as to politics. The Israeli government is not the completely sinless, innocent party in this melee. On the news the other night, a story was reported where a Palestinian man was driving his pregnant wife, who was in labor, to the hospital. At an Israeli checkpoint, their car was stopped, the woman was stripped naked to determine the validity of their story, and the man was allegedly shot by accident and killed. The woman delivered her daughter a short time later at the hospital.

There's pain on both sides. There's injustice on both sides.

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
Only God can negate the fact that the Jews are His chosen people. We as Christians have been adopted into that family.
This makes us part of the very same family. To not side with the Israelite is a gross miscalculation. Although, mostly, just as here in the USA, the government is secular,
the Israelite is our brother/sister. It is for us to be allied with them and not stand idlly by. The Arabs/Muslims will do all they can to destroy the Jews if we let them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.