Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Stossel says he too was once a liberal and transformed as well.

I remember a Stossel show where he took people to task for doing foolhardy things, and then when the inevitable happened, sued people for it.

In another show, Stossel was giving a professional wrestler a hard time about fake wrestling matches. He was unrelenting about fakery, and the wrestler finally got angry and cuffed him once.

And yes, Stossel sued him.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And I've stopped expecting anything from you.

You have yet to answer the question of what facts are in the video that aren't true according to you ?
And you haven't answered my question and provided proof of what the video claims to be facts.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I remember a Stossel show where he took people to task for doing foolhardy things, and then when the inevitable happened, sued people for it.

In another show, Stossel was giving a professional wrestler a hard time about fake wrestling matches. He was unrelenting about fakery, and the wrestler finally got angry and cuffed him once.

And yes, Stossel sued him.

I saw the wrestling issue you mention here and Stossel is correct, it is fake. The wrestlers are athletic, but they're not doing true strikes.

I remember when the UFC first started and a WE wrestler go into the competition. He was a large powerful 300lb man. He was easily defeated by Joyce Gracie, a 180lb man who was a Jujitsu expert.

I don't recall the first episode you mention.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And you haven't answered my question and provided proof of what the video claims to be facts.

I asked the original question to prove that the video is propaganda. You jumped in and have been demanding that I prove the video to be true, which of course is beyond nmy time and energy.

You haven't shown what Sowell said is false and I've come to believe you're just a troll in here.

I'm not going to waste energy on your silly question anymore.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I saw the wrestling issue you mention here and Stossel is correct, it is fake.

Yep. What the wrestler was trying to explain to him was that it's an athletic job, demanding strength, agility, and quick reflexes, and people do get hurt; it's staged, but it's violent. Stossel rather foolishly kept taunting the wrestler, and he finally lost his temper and hit him, to give him an idea of what a "fake slap" really is.

Predictably, Stossel did exactly what he mocked other people for doing. He did something stupid, and then sued when it got him hurt. It probably looked like an easy show; everyone knows it's staged, and no research or investigation needed. But it didn't work out that way.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I asked the original question to prove that the video is propaganda. You jumped in and have been demanding that I prove the video to be true, which of course is beyond nmy time and energy.

Maybe he doesn't have the time, either. But of course, it's not up to him to substantiate the claims. Maybe you could lay out the main points of the video as you see it, and I might be able to run down the facts. How about that?

Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Maybe he doesn't have the time, either. But of course, it's not up to him to substantiate the claims. Maybe you could lay out the main points of the video as you see it, and I might be able to run down the facts. How about that?

When a person says they're propaganda, it's up to him to show which one's and how they are false.

He jumped into the conversation and never identify anything which he didn't agree with.

He's on ignore now, as he's just a troll.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'd like to know what you think of it. What do you think the most persuasive parts of it are?

I just like Thomas Sowell and the path he had in life and how he overcame many of the difficulties of being raised in a black home and black community. The reasons he gives for the problems for blacks today has much to do with the break down of the black family.

In other videos on YouTube by Sowell, he talks about the Marxist mission statement in the BLM website which was later edited, where it stated that they opposed the nuclear family structure. They were also anti-religion as they saw it as the white man's creation. Sowell opposed these things and still does.

I'm not so much a fan of John Stossel as I like Thomas Sowell. However, I appreciate Stossel doing a report about Sowell and I saw nothing false about it

Upvote 0