Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So you're saying what Sowell said isn't fact.
Well, there were a lot of Sowell sound bytes and Stossel added a lot of his own personal commentary. How much is fact and how is personal opinion is difficult to say in a video like this one.
OK, which did he say that wasn't fact ?
What was fact and prove it.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well, there were a lot of Sowell sound bytes and Stossel added a lot of his own personal commentary. How much is fact and how is personal opinion is difficult to say in a video like this one.

What was fact and prove it.

You're the one claiming what he said wasn't fact. I need to know which did he claim to be fact, but wasn't according to you ?

I had asked the question first in this thread but never got an answer, only your badgering.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You're the one claiming what he said wasn't fact.
You were the wanting proof of propaganda and I asked you for proof that it was fact, which you offered none. I don't remember saying he didn't state facts.
I need to know which did he claim to be fact, but wasn't according to you
And I need to know what proof of facts that you believe he said in order to either refute or agree with, of which you have given none.
I had asked the question first in this thread but never got an answer, only your badgering.
You asked pescador and he didn't reply and I asked you for proof and you've given me none.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You were the wanting proof of propaganda and I asked you for proof that it was fact, which you offered none. I don't remember saying he didn't state facts.

And I need to know what proof of facts that you believe he said in order to either refute or agree with, of which you have given none.

You asked pescador and he didn't reply and I asked you for proof and you've given me none.

Forget it, you're being obtuse !

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I was simply attempting to ascertain if you knew anything about Sowell. Thanks

I've see and heard Sowell on YouTube before.

But that's not what the question on this thread was about.

It was about the video shown in the OP.

Just so we're on the same page;

Definition of propaganda

1. capitalized : a congregation of the Roman curia having jurisdiction over missionary territories and related institutions

2: the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person

3: ideas, facts, or allegations spread deliberately to further one's cause or to damage an opposing cause

Other than the first, what was said in the video that was nothing more than propaganda ?

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've see and heard Sowell on YouTube before.

But that's not what the question on this thread was about.

It was about the video shown in the OP.

Just so we're on the same page;

Definition of propaganda

1. capitalized : a congregation of the Roman curia having jurisdiction over missionary territories and related institutions

2: the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person

3: ideas, facts, or allegations spread deliberately to further one's cause or to damage an opposing cause

Other than the first, what was said in the video that was nothing more than propaganda ?
The video was apparently made by John Stossel, a conservative Libertarian, to push his views and opinions, so, it is propaganda.

So well, a brilliant Economist, is also a conservative Libertarian. Economy isn't an exact science and there are dozens of economic theories which use the same data to achieve arrive at different conclusions.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The video was apparently made by John Stossel, a conservative Libertarian, to push his views and opinions, so, it is propaganda.

So well, a brilliant Economist, is also a conservative Libertarian. Economy isn't an exact science and there are dozens of economic theories which use the same data to achieve arrive at different conclusions.

Stossel made the video to show who Sowell is and how he transformed out of believing leftist rhetoric and how damaging it is. Stossel says he too was once a liberal and transformed as well.

What transformed them ?

Listen to what Sowell says in the video, then provide facts that show the points he makes are wrong.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Stossel made the video to show who Sowell is and how he transformed out of believing leftist rhetoric and how damaging it is. Stossel says he too was once a liberal and transformed as well.

What transformed them ?

Listen to what Sowell says in the video, then provide facts that show the points he makes are wrong.
I listened but I asked you to prove his facts, first.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Nope, This is what the warning looks like:

Couldn't see it. Doesn't matter. BTW although Sowell is extremely partisan, I don't recall him actually lying outright about something. He's been wrong a lot about things he assumes, but I don't see him as one of the more egregious liars in politics.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Then it should be easy to show evidence for it. What do you have?

One, it's mere logic in that he not only is a professor at a university, but he's well hated by the left and they'll go after anything they can use against him.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Don't expect any. Lol

And I've stopped expecting anything from you.

You have yet to answer the question of what facts are in the video that aren't true according to you ?

Upvote 0