Thomas: "My Lord and My God"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by OldShepherd
"This has resulted in some points that the trinity can't answer. . ." False! You haven't posted a single point or question which Trinitarians have not been able to answer. Disagreeing with your presumptions and presuppositions is not the same as not being able to answer.

The same can be applied to your position, Shepherd. I disagree with your presumptions and presuppositions.

""I've taken a non divine view of Christ for this excercise." Translate this as "came here with a bunch of presuppositions and assumptions, which have never been supported.

And you take a divine view of Christ to represent your position. That translates to a bunch of presuppositions and assumptions.

On the side lines is exactly where you belong. Come back when you have dumped the superior attitude.

Oh yes, and your so very humble. I can sense your humbleness oozing from your words. All hail humble Old Shepherd, a fine example for all Christianity!

Come back when you actually have read what Christ has said and attempt to obey his words.

• Informative
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

OldShepherd

Zaqunraah
Mar 11, 2002
EST
✟21,242.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by Kain
The same can be applied to your position, Shepherd. I disagree with your presumptions and presuppositions.
Then feel free to dis/prove from scriptures, and other reputable sources anything, I posted, you feel is an unsupported presumption or presupposition, which I have not thoroughly documented.
And you take a divine view of Christ to represent your position. That translates to a bunch of presuppositions and assumptions.
Throughly documented, prove otherwise and do link to any post of mine you feel was not supported from scripture, exegesis of the original languages, and/or early church documentation.
Oh yes, and your so very humble. I can sense your humbleness oozing from your words. All hail humble Old Shepherd, a fine example for all Christianity!

Come back when you actually have read what Christ has said and attempt to obey his words.
Oooh our young sophomore is smarting. Please read and translate this for me since you seem to be claiming to understand the scriptures better than I do.

egw eimi to A kai to W arch kai teloV o prwtoV kai o escatoV

• Informative
Upvote 0

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00
Then feel free to dis/prove from scriptures, and other reputable sources anything, I posted, you feel is an unsupported presumption or presupposition, which I have not thoroughly documented.

Throughly documented, prove otherwise and do link to any post of mine you feel was not supported from scripture, exegesis of the original languages, and/or early church documentation.

Oooh our young sophomore is smarting. Please read and translate this for me since you seem to be claiming to understand the scriptures better than I do.

egw eimi to A kai to W arch kai teloV o prwtoV kai o escatoV

"My dear friends,

do not believe all who claim to have the spirit, but test them to find out if the spirit they have comes from God. For many false prophets have gone out everywhere.

This is how you will be able to know whether it is God's Spirit: anyone who acknowledges that Jesus Christ CAME as a HUMAN BEING has the Spirit who comes from God. But anyone who DENIES this about Jesus does NOT have the Spirit of God. The spirit that he has is the ENEMY of Christ; you heard that it would come, and now it is here in the world already" (1 John 4:1-3 Today's English Version).

Trinitarians DENY that Jesus Christ CAME as a  HUMAN being. They TEACH that Jesus Christ CAME as God who BECAME a MAN.

Do Trinitarians have the Spirit of God? The Bible says NO! Those who PERSECUTE the Iglesia Ni Cristo are TRINITARIANS. Should you believe them? The Bible says NO!

Ed

• Informative
Upvote 0

OldShepherd

Zaqunraah
Mar 11, 2002
EST
✟21,242.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by edpobre
"My dear friends,
do not believe all who claim to have the spirit, but test them to find out if the spirit they have comes from God. For many false prophets have gone out everywhere.

This is how you will be able to know whether it is God's Spirit: anyone who acknowledges that Jesus Christ CAME as a HUMAN BEING has the Spirit who comes from God. But anyone who DENIES this about Jesus does NOT have the Spirit of God. The spirit that he has is the ENEMY of Christ; you heard that it would come, and now it is here in the world already" (1 John 4:1-3 Today's English Version).

Trinitarians DENY that Jesus Christ CAME as a  HUMAN being. They TEACH that Jesus Christ CAME as God who BECAME a MAN.

Do Trinitarians have the Spirit of God? The Bible says NO! Those who PERSECUTE the Iglesia Ni Cristo are TRINITARIANS. Should you believe them? The Bible says NO!Ed 
Pobre why is it that you have to use several different versions of the Bible to prove your doctrine? Here you are quoting the TEV, you have also quoted the Lamsa and the Tagalog Bible. Why is it that there is not one single Bible version which totally supports your false church?

• Informative
Upvote 0

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00
Pobre why is it that you have to use several different versions of the Bible to prove your doctrine? Here you are quoting the TEV, you have also quoted the Lamsa and the Tagalog Bible. Why is it that there is not one single Bible version which totally supports your false church?

What's wrong with using different versions of the Bible? They are all Bibles, aren't they? Why are you bothered by it? Is it because these different versions do NOT agree with what YOU want the Bible to say?

Ed

• Informative
Upvote 0

OldShepherd

Zaqunraah
Mar 11, 2002
EST
✟21,242.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What's wrong with using different versions of the Bible? They are all Bibles, aren't they? Why are you bothered by it? Is it because these different versions do NOT agree with what YOU want the Bible to say?Ed

What's wrong with it is you use the Lamsa for some verses, the TEV for other verses, and the Tagalog Bible for even other verses. You choose the version which says what you want it to because the TEV contradicts the lamsa contradicts the Tagalog, on some verses. But I don't have that problem I read the original languages as I have clearly shown yu have repeatedly refused to show me the "correct" interpretation of any Greek and Hebrew passages I have posted.

• Informative
Upvote 0

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00
What's wrong with using different versions of the Bible? They are all Bibles, aren't they? Why are you bothered by it? Is it because these different versions do NOT agree with what YOU want the Bible to say?Ed

What's wrong with it is you use the Lamsa for some verses, the TEV for other verses, and the Tagalog Bible for even other verses. You choose the version which says what you want it to because the TEV contradicts the lamsa contradicts the Tagalog, on some verses.

This is how apostle Paul teaches the things that he received fromGod - "comparing spiritual things with spiritual" (1 Cor. 2:13).

All these versions are Bibles and they should all MEAN the same things because they are all supposed to have been translated from the SAME original source.

Verses like John 3:16; John 3:18; John 17:3; John 3:36; 2 John 9; Acts 2:22; Acts 17:31; Rom. 5:15; 1 Tim. 2:5; 1 Tim. 1:17; 1 Tim. 6:16, to name a few, are INTERPRETED to MEAN the SAME in ALL versions of the Bible. This MEANS these verses are ACCURATELY translated and MUST be used as GUIDE to ARRIVE at the TRUTH.

But I don't have that problem I read the original languages as I have clearly shown yu have repeatedly refused to show me the "correct" interpretation of any Greek and Hebrew passages I have posted.

Of course, that's UNDERSTANDABLE because there are VERSES in your  Bible that were TRANSLATED in a way that FITS your FALSE doctrine. It does NOT matter to you if these verses CONTRADICT the verses that are INTERPRETED to MEAN the SAME in ALL other versions of the WORD of God, like the ones I listed above.

Ed

• Informative
Upvote 0

fieldsofwind

Oct 6, 2002
Visit site
✟9,595.00
Faith
Christian
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Posted by edpobre: "I wonder if Einstein would agree to this "out of space" equation!"

I wonder if you have read 1 cor. chapter 1. God says that he delights in the fact that man finds Himself as foolishness.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by edpobre: "You really are FORCING a square peg into a round hole Ben. How can Jesus, a SEPARATE personality, be ABSOLUTE God when he does NOT know EVERYTHING the Father knows?"

Got something for you here ed... look this up.

Revelation chapter 19:12

take care

FOW
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols. (Isaiah 42:8)

Ed... who is the Lord of Glory?

scroll down

1 Corinthians 2:8-- None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
I find it strange that edpobre has yet to address this post... been here for over a month I think... in various threads... each about this topic.

Posted by ed: I know what is in the Bible fow. But that is not my question. I said you are NOT being RATIONAL because you said that this "thing" who is at the the side of the Father is "one and the SAME thing as the Father." BTW, what is this you cal "thing" fow?

you are the one that refered to 'thing'

Posted by ed: "Then show me the verse which says that the Father BECAME the SON."

The Bible says: (John 14:5-10) Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?" Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him." Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us." Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work."

The Bible says: (John 1:1-5, 14) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it... The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

The Bible says: (Revelation 19:13) He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

The Bible says: (Phil 2:5-10) Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in APPEARANCE as a man, he HUMBLED HIMSELF and BECAME obedient to death--even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, (Reminder: God will not give His glory to another... He is the LORD and Him alone), that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

The Bible says this was necessary: (Hebrews 9:14) How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!

The Bible says: (Hebrews 9:16-17) In the cse of a will, it is necessary to prove the death of the one who made it, because a will is in force only when somebody has died; it never takes effect while THE ONE WHO MADE IT is living.

Did God not make the covenant???

The Bible says: (Rev 19:16) On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. (Remeber God says that I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols. (Isaiah 42:8)

well ed.... Christ says that HE is the Alapha and the Omega... the Beginning and the End... the First and the Last..... as does the Father. I ask you ed... are they not claiming the saim thing??? if two things come in first in a race... are they not of equal speed??? simple

ed's reply: If that's how you think, do you admit then that you believe there are two "Gods" whom you pass off as "things?"

No ed... that's not how I think.. They both say it ed... God says that there are no others... therefore they are one... they are both the Alpha and the Omega... the Beginning and the End... ther FIRST AND THE LAST!!!

Why did God create the earth ed??? It was because He desired a love relationship with a creation... Love ed... "Through Him all things were made that have been made" (John 1)... God is Love (1st John 4:8)... and through His love, He came to us. (also John 1) There are not two separate 'things' as you say ed... there is one Living God who is omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent. He is undescribable... and says that He IS.

When God made Himself a man... it was His love.... Jesus Christ... and He subjected himself to endure mans punishment, and subservience. This was His sacrifice, that He became our sins... God the Father can not be in the presence of sin, much less become it. Therefore, out of His uncomprehendible love... He made Himself nothing. He came to us and His name is Jesus Christ-Emmanuel-God with us: Yes... God can do that, even becoming something on earth, while at the same time being God the Father in Heaven. Yes... God can do any number of "evens" that one could fathom asking.

Christ, who being in very nature God, who made Himself nothing, became subject to God the Father... and at the end when all things were finished, was taken again into glory and given the title KING OF KINGS AND LORD OR LORDS... ALL CAPS ED. This is the title reserved for the LORD HIMSELF... WHO WILL NOT GIVE HIS GLORY TO ANOTHER... IT IS THE TITLE OF MY LORD CHRIST WHO IS RISEN FROM THE GRAVE HAVING DEFEATED DEATH... AND THE KEYS OF DEATH AND HADES RESIDE IN HIS HANDS! And after it is all over... Christ will subject Himself to the Father thus the Father becomes all in all. Christ is God... who made>HIMSELF<a man... and who was then again glorified by Him from whom He came

I believe

• Informative
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.