This world is so messed up

Aaliyah

Sep 5, 2009
✟7,916.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I just wanna say that I am so glad that I have a place like this to come to with all of you wonderful people. I really am. :)

This world is crazy and depressing. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one who feels this way. There is just so much evil in this world. I just feel like I am some kind of alien just looking in at all of this madness, you know.

I came across this website tonight. There was a thirteen year old, 100 pound girl asking people how many benadryl she would have to take to get high and what it would do to her. You wouldn't believe that people were telling her to start off by taking 9 pills! It just makes me so sad that there are all of these kids and people who have to get high constantly on something because their lives are so messed up. I can't believe that a little 13 year old girl is asking this question and the responses she was getting. More people in this world really need Jesus. It is so depressing and sad to me.

Well, I just thought I'd share. I know nobody is perfect but the world needs more people like you guys. Thanks for being so awesome. This is why it is stressed in church so much that we need to be witnesses to others and get as many people as possible to know the love of God.

kevlite2020

rawr means I love you in dinosaur!
Sep 11, 2008
Florida
Visit site
✟35,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
that is rough... The first time I got high from drugs, I was 12. I was considered a fairly late bloomer in my group... I've known people who experimented with drugs as hard as cocaine by the age of 8. The real issue is the nature in which we were built. We were made in God's image, to worship Him and to be filled with Him. Even if we push Him out of our life, we still have that need to worship and be filled. And if we aren't letting Him do those things, we will let something else do those things. Personally, I worshipped all kinds of things in my life and filled myself with things like drugs and alcohol very often, because that was as close as I could get to satisfaction (which truly wasn't close at all) in being filled.

So yeah, it's really hard to fight our human nature. I'm so thankful I have a relationship with Jesus now, but before knowing Him, I saw very much what it's like to try to fill yourself with things other than Jesus.

Upvote 0

SmileAndAHandshake

Senior Veteran
Oct 1, 2003
✟19,199.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
One thing that shocks me are the pro-anorexia sites where kids are teaching other kids how to be anorexic, and they are proud of it. They are teaching each other how to hide food, how to starve themselves, how to dehydrate themselves.. all to look like celebrities usually. They often criticize normal-weight celebrities for being sell-outs I notice (eating, in otherwords).

It truly can be a disturbing world.

Upvote 0
T

trentlogain2

I just wanna say that I am so glad that I have a place like this to come to with all of you wonderful people. I really am. :)

This world is crazy and depressing. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one who feels this way. There is just so much evil in this world. I just feel like I am some kind of alien just looking in at all of this madness, you know.

I came across this website tonight. There was a thirteen year old, 100 pound girl asking people how many benadryl she would have to take to get high and what it would do to her. You wouldn't believe that people were telling her to start off by taking 9 pills! It just makes me so sad that there are all of these kids and people who have to get high constantly on something because their lives are so messed up. I can't believe that a little 13 year old girl is asking this question and the responses she was getting. More people in this world really need Jesus. It is so depressing and sad to me.
Were you able to get in contact with her any way and share the love of God to her?

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The world IS rough but it's always been so. To me I see a lot of problems, am under stress and pressure, but for the most part see a lot of little things that bring me joy and I just love people, flaws and all.

Upvote 0

Lange

Dec 7, 2009
North Carolina
✟15,315.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Heyya,

I can't believe people are trying to lose weight! I'm losing weight and I'm like, "Nooooooooo come back to me!" :confused:

Anyway, I expieremented with drugs when I was younger and I sort of regret it, but I don't because it gave me a lot of understanding and knowledge of how easy it is to become addicted. I guess it helps me look at people who are addicted and I don't judge them harshly (had I not joined the Marines, I would have continued down a very nasty path).

So, I guess God was able to make good come from the bad. :amen:

- Peace Love and Chicken Grease

Upvote 0

Aaliyah

Sep 5, 2009
✟7,916.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
No I wasn't able to contact her. I wish I could have so I could yell at her and be like don't listen to these idiots! And then like hug her or something because I feel so bad that her life is so empty that she has to do drugs...:(

Yeah pro-anorexia sites. That's believable. Shocking but believable. That's exactly what I'm talking about. Just crazy off the wall stuff like that, that God would never have anything to do with. It is satan taking over the world. And yes I think the world is more evil than it used to be.

I don't know, 13 just seems so young to me. Thats like a baby to me. I didn't start doing anything like that until I was 14 and that was when me and my friend drank a few sips of alcohol to try to get drunk but it didn't work. I would never even think about going on a website and asking people how many benadryls I need to take to get high. That's crazy to me. I can't imagine doing cocaine at age 8! I think that has a lot to do with who you are around. It is not normal to think about these things at such a young age. Or really at all, but especially at so young.

Anyway, I hope I didn't depress anyone with my post. I think I was under the influence of drugs myself...I took a benadryl last night to help me go to sleep but it didnt work and that's why I even found that website because I was trying to see how many I could take. Those things always make me feel depressed. But I do think about this kind of stuff when Im not under the influence of benadryl lol...but that didn't help. Plus, I mean that website would have been shocking to me anyway.

Upvote 0