Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Blue, We are born "obviously" and we die "obviously" So there must be more than we cannot see. God created the earth and everything in it. Even the dust which He used to form man. He breathed His very life into that dust and formed mankind in His image. What sets us apart from the animals is the fact that we are breathed and animals were created. God made us in "their" Image. Who's? God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. If we are made like this and made this special, which part of us dies? and which part of us lives? Just a thought here friend :]

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Ok I see, You have gotten "other" Old Testament letters.. There are many false books and letters out there. I think you have got information overload and got so many false answers that you have gotten confused. Friend I live in Arkansas, Do you know how far we are from the sea? We are Home of the ledgerock lol and we find fossilized sea creatures all the time. How did that happen without a worldwide flood?

Reactions: Dreger
Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I am sorry Blue to keep pushing like I do, but I just have a big heart and have a special feeling about you for some reason that I can't shake, I just know God is doing something big.
I honestly care for your well being and I don't want you to give up on the good Lord just yet Buddy,
He hasn't given up on you yet either. :]

Upvote 0

BlueJacketsLunatic

Apr 3, 2018
Corydon, Indiana
✟9,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I will ask you a question, Where does one go at death?

I forgot to answer your question.

I have seen many people die in front of me. Some people died peacefully and others died rife with fear. I always try to look them in the eye when they're dying in front of me and provide some form of solace being one of the last people they will ever see and speak to.

I am of the opinion that death will likely be what it was like before I was conceived and born. I have a very strong curiosity about me; I like adventure. I am not afraid of death and I can patiently wait for it given that our life-span is short. My wife thinks it odd that I consider death as part of the adventure we're all on. In many respects it's the great mystery.

Either your god is real in which case he will see fit to burn me for all eternity (unless you're an annihilation type theist, etc) or some other god is real and then who knows what'll happen.

I think it very likely that my opinion on the matter is correct and reasonable. I used to be terrified of the concept of Hell but once you start to realize the reality of the world and how ridiculous the scriptures are, the fear your god wishes to impose goes away. I do not consider it a moral concept even understanding the concept of god's justice as developed by Christian theologians.

Upvote 0

BlueJacketsLunatic

Apr 3, 2018
Corydon, Indiana
✟9,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am sorry Blue to keep pushing like I do, but I just have a big heart and have a special feeling about you for some reason that I can't shake, I just know God is doing something big.
I honestly care for your well being and I don't want you to give up on the good Lord just yet Buddy,
He hasn't given up on you yet either. :]

Well man, I hate to disappoint ya but I just don't think so. I'd rather go watch some hockey with you than go to church. We can call down damnation on the Pittsburgh Penguins and get all mirthy with big mugs of beer instead.

Upvote 0

BlueJacketsLunatic

Apr 3, 2018
Corydon, Indiana
✟9,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I didn't see these posts. I'm off my game today.

Blue, We are born "obviously" and we die "obviously" So there must be more than we cannot see. God created the earth and everything in it. Even the dust which He used to form man. He breathed His very life into that dust and formed mankind in His image. What sets us apart from the animals is the fact that we are breathed and animals were created. God made us in "their" Image. Who's? God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. If we are made like this and made this special, which part of us dies? and which part of us lives? Just a thought here friend :]

It gets all kinds of circular after a while, doesn't it?

I had no idea Matt Maher was Catholic, that's awesome.

Yes he is. Not often you find a Catholic who has broken into the modern Christian P&W realm. Assuming you're Catholic, there might be many of his songs you will enjoy.

Ok I see, You have gotten "other" Old Testament letters.. There are many false books and letters out there. I think you have got information overload and got so many false answers that you have gotten confused. Friend I live in Arkansas, Do you know how far we are from the sea? We are Home of the ledgerock lol and we find fossilized sea creatures all the time. How did that happen without a worldwide flood?

What do you mean "other" Old Testament letters? Do you not accept the traditional protestant list? It is funny that you talk about other false books. How the canon was developed is interesting and one of the reasons I do not have any faith in a god.

That you have fossils inland is not surprising. I could recommend a reading list if you're interested in the geological and evolutionary records. I used to be a Genesis literalist.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes he is. Not often you find a Catholic who has broken into the modern Christian P&W realm. Assuming you're Catholic, there might be many of his songs you will enjoy.

Thanks! I'm a "just a Christian" who rejects Sola Fidé, pretty much logically rejects Sola Scriptura, prays for the Pope, and prays the Rosary. Sorta long story. It's good to meet you, Blue.

God bless you, too, man.

Upvote 0

BlueJacketsLunatic

Apr 3, 2018
Corydon, Indiana
✟9,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks! I'm a "just a Christian" who rejects Sola Fidé, pretty much logically rejects Sola Scriptura, prays for the Pope, and prays the Rosary. Sorta long story. It's good to meet you, Blue.

Interesting. Rejection of the Solas doesn't necessarily make one a Catholic. Since you're "just a Christian" does that mean you accept some Catholic doctrine while rejecting others and is the closest to what you believe?

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting. Rejection of the Solas doesn't necessarily make one a Catholic. Since you're "just a Christian" does that mean you accept some Catholic doctrine while rejecting others and is the closest to what you believe?
No, not quite. Ok, long story short, my husband is a very, very dear man who is definitely a Baptist. Awesome guy. Has been taught that the Catholic Church is the harlot of Babylon. My growing suspicion theologically and historically is that the Catholic Church *is* the Early Church. Same thing.

But as I am not technically Catholic yet, I just say that I'm a Christian who is almost Catholic. Have no trouble with Catholic doctrines or practices, but I'm still learning stuff.

Upvote 0

BlueJacketsLunatic

Apr 3, 2018
Corydon, Indiana
✟9,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, not quite. Ok, long story short, my husband is a very, very dear man who is definitely a Baptist. Awesome guy. Has been taught that the Catholic Church is the harlot of Babylon. My growing suspicion theologically and historically is that the Catholic Church *is* the Early Church. Same thing.

But as I am not technically Catholic yet, I just say that I'm a Christian who is almost Catholic. Have no trouble with Catholic doctrines or practices, but I'm still learning stuff.

From a Christian perspective, I used to feel that way about the RCC.

How does your husband feel about it or is this a secret you keep? If it's not a secret how does he deal with your dancing with the anti-Christ?

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From a Christian perspective, I used to feel that way about the RCC.

How does your husband feel about it or is this a secret you keep? If it's not a secret how does he deal with your dancing with the anti-Christ?

I think he kind of knows, but he's civil about it. Don't ask, don't tell. When he feels bored, I tell him stories of the Saints. Last night it was Padre Pio and Mother Angelica. His eyes get wide, and you can tell that things are clicking.

My hope is that as the Catholic Church is truly the One True Catholic and Apostolic Church, Christ will get us both in there somehow. I have faith in that.

What were your feelings on the Catholic Church as a non-Catholic, and what ultimately happened?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,157.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Oh yes. Very much so. I often think about that and frequently recall three scriptures which I meditated on and preached on quite heavily. They are:

Psalm 14:1 "The fool says in his heart, 'there is no God.'"

1 Cor 1:18ff: "For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."

1 John 2:19: "They went out from us, but thy were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us."

I certainly struggled with it for quite a long time. Those are fun verses for the believer and apostate alike. Don't you think?

Strange when thinking about the past.

I myself actually forget I was once atheist, I forget how I felt over stuff, it now seems alien inside myself that I was ever an atheist, but I was.

Its a good talking point when telling people how I came to be a Christian, but to be honest, but now feels I am just going through the motions, it feels that part of me is long dead, so much so I actually struggle to recall my views, it used to be easy, but now its not.

In a lot of ways I am thankful, I am glad that life has become so distant.

Upvote 0

BlueJacketsLunatic

Apr 3, 2018
Corydon, Indiana
✟9,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think he kind of knows, but he's civil about it. Don't ask, don't tell. When he feels bored, I tell him stories of the Saints. Last night it was Padre Pio and Mother Angelica. His eyes get wide, and you can tell that things are clicking.

My hope is that if the Catholic Church is truly the One True Catholic and Apostolic Church, Christ will get us both in there somehow. I have faith in that.

What were your feelings on the Catholic Church as a non-Catholic, and what ultimately happened?

I see. Don't let him read 2 Corinthians 6:14 - Bible Gateway

You know, it depends on how you want to interpret the thing [Bible]. It was quite difficult to reconcile the differences between the two takes on it. I adhered to the the Five Solas and viewed Roman Catholicism as being built on a doctrinal foundation of sand. Now I think Christianity in general is convoluted and built on either tradition, authority, or revelation. In other words, hardly anything at all that's worth considering.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
What do you mean "other" Old Testament letters? Do you not accept the traditional protestant list? It is funny that you talk about other false books. How the canon was developed is interesting and one of the reasons I do not have any faith in a god.

That you have fossils inland is not surprising. I could recommend a reading list if you're interested in the geological and evolutionary records. I used to be a Genesis literalist.
I do not want to step on others toes here or turn over anyons apple carts so I will just say that God has given me everything I need in my KJV bible. I need NOT read anything else, because this is God's Word and anything else might bring confusion and we know God is not the Author of confusion.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I used to be a member here over ten years ago and things are looking different. There are some familiar names here still which is fun to see.

I used to be a moderator here and primarily hung out in the Southern Baptist forum. I usually found some way to stir up inter-faith controversy especially with members of OBOB. Evangelicals and Catholics mixed about as well as oil and water back then.

Over ten years ago I was in Seminary and went into ministry where I worked both in a typical church and on the mission field. Long story short, reason defeated my faith. I left the ministry, was essentially ex-communicated for lack of repentance regarding my lack of faith, honed a new trade, started a family, and eventually found my way back here.

There used to be an interesting group of atheists here. Not sure if there still are. Where you guys at?
Hi and welcome back.
Not sure if you remember me, as I started in 2006 [then my account got wiped out in the new CF changeover.
Anywho, regarding the atheists here, I and a lot of other Christians use to debate them on the old GA board until CF sent it to the black hole of cyberspace. That was my favorite board. [Do you remember AV1611VET?. The atheists love that guy ehehe]

Where is the general apologetics forum?

R.I.P.

Shut down permanently. Too many of the faithful were being shown the light of reason (deconverted)
^_^
Atheists and now Mormons too were booted down south in the depths of Sheol to the DEBATE OTHER RELIGIONS forum

Actually, maybe Atheists can post more places than Mormons here...
^_^

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I used to be a member here over ten years ago and things are looking different. There are some familiar names here still which is fun to see.

I used to be a moderator here and primarily hung out in the Southern Baptist forum..........
Did you have a different user name than you have now?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I will certainly post about it a bit later. Where do the atheists typically hang out? Unless my memory deceives me, there used to be a forum for atheists and agnostics here.
I remember CF allowed non-Christians to be Moderators back in the good ole days.........

They mainly post on these 2 boards now:

Outreach | Christian Forums

Discussion and Debate

images

Last edited:
Upvote 0