U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While it may be pointless for me to say this (because there is no god) I will anyway: Your god may not be done with me but I am done with him.

welcome back, blue!

reading your posts, it does not sound like you are an atheist at all
but instead sounds like you're angry with God, angry with the Christians you associated with, perhaps angry with yourself, and angry with the injustice you see in the world

God is not here to solve our problems (as you said you need a God to solve problems)
when one becomes a Christian, it doesn't mean all of a sudden life becomes easy, often it even becomes more difficult but God give us the strength to get through

it may be easy to blame everything that goes wrong on God, get angry, lose trust in God.....

God is love and he who abides in love abides in God and God in him
God is here and waiting for you

Last edited:
Reactions: Dreger
Upvote 0

TheFriendlyAtheist

Oct 19, 2017
Midwest
✟21,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
welcome back, blue!

but instead you are angry, angry with God, angry with the Christians you associated with, perhaps angry with yourself, and angry with the injustice you see in he world

God is not here to solve our problems (as you said you need a God to solve problems)
when one becomes a Christian, it doesn't mean all of a sudden life becomes easy, often it even becomes more difficult but God give us the strength to get through

it may be easy to blame everything that goes wrong on God, get angry, lose trust in God.....

Atheists aren't angry with God. That wouldn't make sense yet we get accused of this a lot. When we criticize God's actions described in the Bible we are doing it in the same way we criticize the Grinch or any other fictional villain. If you really want to be effective at communicating with atheists, don't try to tell them what they "actually" believe.

Upvote 0

TheFriendlyAtheist

Oct 19, 2017
Midwest
✟21,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
you misinterpreted what I said
after reading everything blue posted, I picked up on his anger with (what was listed in his various posts)
reread Blue's posts and you'll understand
Like I said he seemed pretty even keeled to me. He said he was an atheist and I've seen no hint that he is not, so I don't see how you came to your conclusion that he's angry with God. Well, he can speak for himself so I'll just leave that here.

The thing is that atheists get accused of this sort of thing all the time. Just look at Kevin Sorbo's character in God's Not Dead. It often comes off as condescending. Like "I know you *say* your an atheist but you're really a misotheist." (someone who hates God)

Upvote 0

TheFriendlyAtheist

Oct 19, 2017
Midwest
✟21,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
never said blue hates God, I said he sounds angry
(big difference)

bowing out of this thread as it's now getting derailed
The point remains the same either way.

Upvote 0

BlueJacketsLunatic

Apr 3, 2018
Corydon, Indiana
✟9,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
[Do you remember AV1611VET?. The atheists love that guy ehehe]

Where is the general apologetics forum?

^_^
^_^

Yes!! I remember you.

Did you have a different user name than you have now?

I did. For the life of me I cannot recall it atm. I remember others though. Weird.

welcome back, blue!

but instead sounds like you're angry with God, angry with the Christians you associated with, perhaps angry with yourself, and angry with the injustice you see in the world

I think it's easy to read criticism as anger or hostility when their own position is rejected. Honestly, I've felt nothing but enjoyment in answering questions or comments posed in getting to know me. I do not recall stating that I needed your god to solve problems save for the pocket god comment, which was clearly a joke.

Atheists aren't angry with God. That wouldn't make sense yet we get accused of this a lot. When we criticize God's actions described in the Bible we are doing it in the same way we criticize the Grinch or any other fictional villain. If you really want to be effective at communicating with atheists, don't try to tell them what they "actually" believe.

:amen:

I LOL'd at "fictional villain."

I would say that we have a right to experience some level of anger at religion in general. For example, when I think of genocide I get angry, when I think of human sacrifice I get angry, when I think of sexual slavery and humans as property I get angry. That is not to say that secular peoples have not committed atrocities -- they make me angry too. I think the goal is to make the world a better place and I am glad Christianity has largely liberalized past the point of witch trials. It's a very slow process.

By the way, I didn't see a hint of anger in Blue's post. He seems perfectly friendly and even keeled to me.

Thank you, sir. I try to be.

Like I said he seemed pretty even keeled to me. He said he was an atheist and I've seen no hint that he is not, so I don't see how you came to your conclusion that he's angry with God. Well, he can speak for himself so I'll just leave that here.

The thing is that atheists get accused of this sort of thing all the time. Just look at Kevin Sorbo's character in God's Not Dead. It often comes off as condescending. Like "I know you *say* your an atheist but you're really a misotheist." (someone who hates God)

It's been claimed that god brought me back here. That I am a seeker. That I wouldn't be here unless god kept the seed of his calling alive. I think those notions are silly. If you can't accept me at my word, what more can I do?

never said blue hates God, I said he sounds angry
(big difference)

bowing out of this thread as it's now getting derailed

Nah, don't leave. It's okay to misunderstand sometimes. That's why we communicate. :wave:

Upvote 0

BlueJacketsLunatic

Apr 3, 2018
Corydon, Indiana
✟9,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do not want to step on others toes here or turn over anyons apple carts so I will just say that God has given me everything I need in my KJV bible. I need NOT read anything else, because this is God's Word and anything else might bring confusion and we know God is not the Author of confusion.

I agree with you. God is not the author of confusion but only because I do not believe he exists.

It is a curious position to hold given that the translation King James commissioned is a translation of a translation of earlier manuscripts IIRC. The claim is one I've never wrapped my head around. The most prominent theologian I've met and read who espoused it was James White and he was never able to fully convince me on the subject.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi and welcome back.
Not sure if you remember me, as I started in 2006 [then my account got wiped out in the new CF changeover.
Anywho, regarding the atheists here, I and a lot of other Christians use to debate them on the old GA board until CF sent it to the black hole of cyberspace. That was my favorite board. [Do you remember AV1611VET?. The atheists love that guy ehehe]
Yes!! I remember you.
Have you ever been to the FTSTD site?
Phil and I both made it on there. :ebil:
I forget the post I was responding to on the ole GA board, but I was given the label "fundie in a nutshell" award. That was Oct of 2006 eheheh

Staff edit
Me

Staff edit
AV1611VET

Upvote 0

BlueJacketsLunatic

Apr 3, 2018
Corydon, Indiana
✟9,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Have you ever been to the FTSTD site?
Phil and I both made it on there. :ebil:

Nope, I've not heard of that. I've only recently came back to visit. I've yet to post in any other forums. Got a link?

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I agree with you. God is not the author of confusion but only because I do not believe he exists.

It is a curious position to hold given that the translation King James commissioned is a translation of a translation of earlier manuscripts IIRC. The claim is one I've never wrapped my head around. The most prominent theologian I've met and read who espoused it was James White and he was never able to fully convince me on the subject.
Simply because without the indwelling Holy Spirit, Nothing biblical makes sense. To the unsaved the Cross is foolishness. :]

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Nope, I've not heard of that. I've only recently came back to visit. I've yet to post in any other forums. Got a link?
I'll message you the link.
I had just joined CF.

Quote# 16047
LittleLambofJesus, Christian Forums [10/16/2006 12:00:00 AM]
Fundie Index: 4

This was one of the "nicer" comments I received on there.......

"From what I've seen, LLoJ is a bit of a bible-quoting robot.
Often he posts things in General Apologetics that are quite off-topic.
At least he doesn't call Atheists deluded unlike most Christians.
I think that he's too far gone to be saved at this point."

2/24/2007 10:05:44 PM

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BlueJacketsLunatic

Apr 3, 2018
Corydon, Indiana
✟9,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Simply because without the indwelling Holy Spirit, Nothing biblical makes sense. To the unsaved the Cross is foolishness. :]

Your statement raises an eyebrow when you state that it is the indwelling of the holy spirit that makes your position about the KJV make sense to you. Those who adhere to that position are few in number and yet those who profess the indwelling of the holy spirit is quite large. Has the lord confounded their wisdom too or has he simply seen fit to withhold this breakthrough from them?

You know, at a certain point, one would think that god would attempt to make more sense than his crafty nemesis but that is not his stated design. It is amusing that it sets up the devil as seemingly having more moral sense than does god the deceiver. It is written, as you say, "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise" (1 Cor 1:19). Not that this is surprising coming from someone who condemns coveting but not sexual slavery in one of his prime commandments to Israel. It seems evident that his priorities are out of whack in all that he does.

In my estimation the theme of the biblical narrative is not one of justice or love. It is a narrative of fear, confusion, power, and control.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my estimation the theme of the biblical narrative is not one of justice or love. It is a narrative of fear, confusion, power, and control.

God is a God of love but that is easy for me to see every day as I am blessed with a wonderful husband (who I don't appreciate nearly enough) and a funny, smart, loving elementary school child who makes friends and is kind even to kids who are mean to our kid at school and forgives them so easily!
if I let slip even one unkind word about another, our kid quickly points to Bible verse on the fridge Ephesians 4:32

Upvote 0

BlueJacketsLunatic

Apr 3, 2018
Corydon, Indiana
✟9,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God is a God of love but that is easy for me to see every day as I am blessed with a wonderful husband (who I don't appreciate nearly enough) and a funny, smart, loving elementary school child who makes friends and is kind even to kids who are mean to our kid at school and forgives them so easily!
if I let slip even one unkind word about another, our kid quickly points to Bible verse on the fridge Ephesians 4:32

I have a wife and child myself. They are amazing people whom I love more than I can say. If this were all we were talking about with regard to your god's character of love, then I wouldn't be able to argue much about it. The fullness of his character is evident in the scripture and I find no reason to hold it in high esteem or to emulate it.

Upvote 0

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yes, I feel I must step in to defend Atheists. Their views are often grossly misrepresented by Christians (and others). Shame on them. Atheism is a rational viewpoint for someone who assumes materialism or who hasn't been persuaded by the proofs given for truthfulness of the Christian claims.

Upvote 0