Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
7th April 2003 at 02:44 PM Follower of Christ said this in Post

Lucaspa and others

-Is God Jehovah (Yahweh) the same god of other religions, are we all worshipping the same GOD.

OT I know, but I would just like an quick answer.
Please :)

(and be honest)

Now, we know.  Honesty is what you ask for, but agreement is what you demand.

Today at 11:12 AM Follower of Christ said this in Post

Well, again I have wasted 20 minutes typing out a response only to come to the conclusion that no matter what is presented, it wont matter. So it gets deleted with the others.

So guess what, I concede.
You win the issue (whatever it was :scratch: )

Follower, do you have a problem with your memory, or is it your comprehension that is at fault? Or was it just too painful to understand?

With you as well as Nathan Poe, I am no longer interested in presenting anything that gives you more ammunition for your pointless points.

Or to put in another way, he is convicted by his own words. 

You will be correct in your own eyes regardless of presentation, as the Bible will in mine.

And he is so sure of his position, he would not accept correction pronounced by an angel from the Lord.

So please go back to pondering whether or not you yourself exist (should keep you busy for quite some time. like a dog chasing its tail, pointless) and I will ignore your posts :) [/B]

Promises, promises. 

Follower picked the forum, knowing who was likely to answer. He picked the subject. Now he retires, ungraciously, as is his habit, in self-righteous indignation, with maledictions to all opponents.

He will ignore those unholy enough to oppose him, claiming his own moral victory. He will ignore us, as he ignores reason. Until the  next time he needs to sermonize so he can hide his doubts from himself. 

It is just so, that men build their own hells, from their own words and deeds.

Ignore us, Follower, ignorance seems to be your pre-eminent skill.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Today at 02:12 PM Follower of Christ said this in Post #80

Well, again I have wasted 20 minutes typing out a response only to come to the conclusion that no matter what is presented, it wont matter. So it gets deleted with the others.

So guess what, I concede.
You win the issue (whatever it was :scratch: )

Had you stopped here, you could've preserved some dignity

With you as well as Nathan Poe, I am no longer interested in presenting anything that gives you more ammunition for your pointless points.
You will be correct in your own eyes regardless of presentation, as the Bible will in mine.

Well, you can't fail when you've got good material.

Your OP, (before you edited it) seemed to be questioning lucspa's faith. I see you have since cut it short. Too bad it's been quoted enough in subsequent posts to see its true intent: an attack on lucaspa's beliefs, so obvious that you had to deny it yourself to avoid being banned.

So.... I assumed that you were feeling confrontational, and I decided to match your tone by taking the "kid gloves" off in this debate.

My apologies if that wasn't the case. You know what they say about taking the heat...

So please go back to pondering whether or not you yourself exist (should keep you busy for quite some time. like a dog chasing its tail, pointless) and I will ignore your posts :)

I'll miss your rhetoric. Should we continue to debate, I'll work with the evidence and logic you present, and only ignore the Ad Hominem attacks that seem to happen when you lose ground.

And for the record, I know I must exist in some form or another. You, on the other hand, may possibly be a figment of my imagination.  :cool:

Upvote 0

wblastyn

Jedi Master
Jun 5, 2002
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟11,265.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Follower of Christ, stop acting like a little spoilt child. You just don't like it that people have to correct you when you say things, so you accuse them of ignoring your points and making "pointless points".

"A mocker resents correction, he will not consult the wise."
Proverbs 15:12

"As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly."
Proverbs 26:11

Sound familiar?

Upvote 0
FOC

It would be a tragedy if you do not post here any longer. I am new here, but from what I've seen on this thread so far, you are holding to your Biblical faith, and for that, I applaud you. God bless you friend for having the courage & conviction to stand so firmly for Jesus Christ, our only true Lord & Savior. Your many antagonists here seem to be so much in the world (as are most atheists and self appointed "great thinkers") that you will be under constant attack with each and every post you make.

Fear not brother. The Lord is with you to strengthen you in this endeavor, as are the rest of us who believe in the Word of God.

Most other so-called "religions" out there do not even pay homage to the Lord. They bow down to Mary, the Pope, writings from Muhammed, Joseph Smith, Charles Taze Russel, science, politics, etc., etc., etc. I could fill this thread with the many idols most have in their personal lives. So I guess my answer to the question this thread started with is "NO!!!!!!!" All religions DO NOT worship the same "God". Any takers?

Upvote 0

Follower of Christ too

Apr 8, 2003
Ohio
✟660.00
Faith
Christian
I just would like to PRAISE the LORD,It refreshes me to find there are people out there who trust in God's Word..... Did it get heated here or what?????? I was away for a day and missed out on what was going on!!..... I actually got a few chuckles here. There is a scripture I have in mind I would like to share:.. Mine house is destroyed because of the zeal of my people.

Upvote 0

Gracchus

Senior Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
California
Visit site
✟23,182.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Today at 01:21 PM Follower of Christ too said this in Post #86

There is a scripture I have in mind I would like to share:.. Mine house is destroyed because of the zeal of my people.

Follower 2:  All I could find was:

KJV Psalm 69
8 I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto my mother's children.

9 For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.

With only one version, people get into bloody cat fights over the meaning of scriptures.  What version are you using?  (I'm not trying to start a fight, I'm just curious.)

Upvote 0

Follower of Christ

Literal 6 Day Creationist<br />''An Evening and a
Mar 12, 2003
✟7,754.00
Faith
Christian
Today at 04:21 PM Follower of Christ too said this in Post #86

I just would like to PRAISE the LORD,It refreshes me to find there are people out there who trust in God's Word..... Did it get heated here or what?????? I was away for a day and missed out on what was going on!!..... I actually got a few chuckles here. There is a scripture I have in mind I would like to share:.. Mine house is destroyed because of the zeal of my people.

Hey again FOC2. :)

I am not familiar with the verse you quoted.
Could you give a C&V for it?
I have seen a lot of verses dealing with zeal, but that is one I must have passed over. :)

Upvote 0

lucaspa

Legend
Oct 22, 2002
New York
✟32,309.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
12th April 2003 at 11:38 AM Follower of Christ said this in Post #61

Well, you dodged that question with true finesse.
and I have grown bored with the topic

I answered it specifically.&nbsp; You are "bored" because I have shown that creationism is idol worship and&nbsp;your want to avoid&nbsp;discussing that. :D &nbsp;

Upvote 0

lucaspa

Legend
Oct 22, 2002
New York
✟32,309.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
12th April 2003 at 11:44 AM Follower of Christ said this in Post #62

I have long since tired of that attack.
You all have to believe that I dont understand ToE or it makes it look bad that I reject it. Get over it. My decision doesnt affect you at all.

On another note, if you are ever looking into the different ''christian'' doctrines check out this book;

''Handbook of Denominations in the United States''
It brief but very informative.

IOW, you can't refute the arguments, so you are "tired" of discussing evolution.&nbsp; It's not "believe", but demonstrable from what you say, compared to the data on evolution.

Understanding Sectarian Groups in America by Braswell is also pretty good.

Of course, you put "christian" in quotes.&nbsp; You seem to have the position that you get to decide who is Christian and who is not.&nbsp; After all, you decided whether the Nicean Creed was acceptable.

Tell us, who died and put you in charge of Christianity?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Follower of Christ

Literal 6 Day Creationist<br />''An Evening and a
Mar 12, 2003
✟7,754.00
Faith
Christian
Today at 10:45 AM lucaspa said this in Post #89

I answered it specifically.&nbsp; You are "bored" because I have shown that creationism is idol worship and&nbsp;your want to avoid&nbsp;discussing that. :D &nbsp;
Then surely you can refresh my memory.
This time make it easy for me to understand.

A simple 'YES' or 'NO' will do :)

Upvote 0

lucaspa

Legend
Oct 22, 2002
New York
✟32,309.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
12th April 2003 at 11:48 AM Follower of Christ said this in Post #63

I believe the verse to be genuine. That is why I felt no issue in presenting it. I firgured you probably would tho and use it as an arguement.
No deceptoin at all, I just figured you probably knew of the accusations agains 1

If you knew the argument, then you would know why I used the phrase "genuine verse".&nbsp;

If you really have researched the evidence, how can you possibly view the verse as genuine?

Consider this, too.&nbsp; If the verse were there from the beginning, then why didn't Athanasius use it in the fight with Arius?&nbsp; That verse is a knockout blow.&nbsp; That Athanasius did not use it shows that the verse as we know it didn't exist then.

Upvote 0

lucaspa

Legend
Oct 22, 2002
New York
✟32,309.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
12th April 2003 at 07:29 PM Follower of Christ said this in Post #67

The reason i have such a different point of view is that I do not read hundreds of other books and then come to the bible with the opinions of hundreds of different authors .

I read the Bible as true and every man a liar

If every man is a liar, and the Gospels were written by men named Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, then why aren't they liars too?

It is my right as a Christian to discern everything through the lens of the Bible.

Denial of the Holy Spirit again.&nbsp; I thought Christians were supposed to understand the Bible thru the Holy Spirit.&nbsp; You seem to skip that step and judge based on your authority.

Since every man is a liar, why are you any different?

If you believe in God, then you should know that God inspired men to write.

But did God control every word?

Take the levitical law.

But you no longer obey the levitical law, do you?&nbsp; How did you decide you don't have to do that?

&nbsp;
How would those men have known what TO do and what NOT TO do if not for the word of God?

Is something good because God commands it or does God command it because it is good?

Does everyone think God just inspired men to write out instruction and then decided that maybe it was a mistake?

God decided the dietary laws were a mistake, didn't He? After all, didn't God send the dream to Peter in Acts to remove the laws?

Upvote 0

lucaspa

Legend
Oct 22, 2002
New York
✟32,309.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Today at 10:49 AM Follower of Christ said this in Post #91

Then surely you can refresh my memory.
This time make it easy for me to understand.

A simple 'YES' or 'NO' will do&nbsp;

Creationists worship a god of their own making. So, NO, not everyone is worshipping the same God.

Can it get any plainer than that?&nbsp; Not only did you get the answer, but the reason behind it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lucaspa

Legend
Oct 22, 2002
New York
✟32,309.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
14th April 2003 at 02:59 PM Follower of Christ said this in Post #69

''Let it not be! But let God be true, and every man a liar; even as it has been written... ''
(Romans 3:4 LITV)

Not that I believe that everything men say are lies, but that if I have to choose between mans word and Gods word, God wins by default. Understand&nbsp;

Where do you draw the line between your interpretation of God's word and God's word itself?

Also, I notice that, in your first reply, you said the Bible was true and every man a liar. But when you quote the verse it says "let God be true".

And no, the verse does not mean the Bible when it says "written"

In context from Romans 3:3: "For what if some did not believe?&nbsp; shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightiest be justified in thy sayings, and mightiest overcome when thou art judged."

Some "christians" have become very used to taking quotes from the Bible out of context to justify their personal theological positions.&nbsp; Even if the out-of-context is very different or opposite of what the text actually says.

I submit that we are not dealing with God's word with you, FoC, but your word said to be God's word.

Others, equally dedicated, have looked at the Bible and come up with very different interpretations.&nbsp; There is no reason to accept your interpretation as infallible.

Upvote 0