Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:thumbsup:

This is America
I strongly believe in free speech and free will. To say what, where when how in proper English or slang
I may use all upper Caps or all lower caps oR mIxEd caps. Reverse, inverted, upside down different colors, word art or text high-lighting. It is not the clothes that makes a man, his color or hair length, or even the shoes he wares. It’s the man that makes the world buy what he does.
I reserve the right to an attorney, to put ford hubcaps on my Chevy truck, or to put a sticker on my bumper that states; Mercedes are trashy cars. By the way I do have a 1958 Mercedes sitting in my back yard for real dude!
I reserve the right to put BBQ sauce on my okra or Hinze57 or to put soda pop on my cereal instead of milk.
I reserve the right to do or say anything I want to within the law. I reserve the right to use the law against the law.
I reserve the right to combine Mozart music with rock & roll or Glen Miller music to a rap beat
I have the right to play out of tune in the cracks of the keyboard if I want to ( THE MOVIE RIVERDANCE ) That bagpipe player sure could bend those notes in there, like a baseball pitcher throwing a curve ball.
Some pEoPle aRe JUST narrow minded, LIMITED BY THERE OWN PRECEPTS (TUNNEL VISION ) and think everybody should do it there way only. HITLER…..WW2, SADAUM, 911, IRAN, THE EXTREMIEST.
If you don’t like the way I do things, your rights are, you don’t have to read it or listen to it.
Quote; don’t remove the splinter in some-ones eyes until u FIRST REMOVE THE TREE OUT OF YOUR’S.
I still continue to grow and learn something new everyday about the birth-rite, Gods, chapter on the creation of the free will.
If you intend to teach and preach proper English and grammar, then you are in the wrong place, you might need to get a job at a School. Not the world forum.
I repeat read my lips, I am in Amercia, not in China, or Russia, or Iran.
The internet exists and has sprung from the free world. And free it will stay. So get a grip your are slipping into the Outer Limits The motherboard you are using was generated from the Prototype machines I built for IBM. In 1979,. With people THAT believe in freedom. I can’t tell you about some of my other inventions it is classified and restricted info. That’s my extreme get over it. Freedom fuels inspiration and creativity.
:amen:

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Amen ... freedom of speech is improtant and creates good things as long as people want to use if for good not to put down other people. That's why I like the Bible. When we love people our speech will be good and promote others freedom as well as our own.

dayhiker

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Freedom of speech is very important but if you expect people to actually read what you say, you should write or type it in a manner that is easy to read meaning not in all caps, extremely bright or dim colors, etc.

Upvote 0

Trashionista

Jun 10, 2007
The Copacabana
✟9,243.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Liberals

Actually running this rant through spell-check as well as bothering to spell SADDAM correctly [and given that the Iraq War has been going on for a decent amount of this decade so far], I find it concerning that it was misspelt in such a peculiar way.

Sorry. It just makes me take this little editorial much less seriously.

That doesn't suggest being uppity or... whatever this tangent was about...

If you intend to teach and preach proper English and grammar, then you are in the wrong place, you might need to get a job at a School. Not the world forum.

I just can't take blatant laziness all that seriously. If you can't be bothered to search "Iraq War" on CNN.com to find an article to hopefully verify how to spell "Saddam", why should I trust that you have taken enough time to research and form an opinion on free speech issues?

I'm all for free speech. But it doesn't mean I'll be all that impressed with rants such as these.

Upvote 0

fuzzymel

Contributor
Sep 25, 2006
Not a clue
✟15,527.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Actually, this isn't America - it's an international forum.

:)

David.
Thats what I was thinking.

I know some people think America is the world though (not saying the original poster does but I have met some Americans on my travels who couldn't understand where I lived when I explained it was overseas).

Upvote 0

mrghost

Mar 1, 2008
In the Sticks Horse & Buggie
✟898.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
..I built the machines that made the motherboards that started the whole internet evoultion, The Internet Yes is used all over the world, But yet Again It was Born right here in America just like most of the Great inventions, If You Track Progress, Most of the Best Inventions and Machines Are Sprung From Christian's who live in God inspired Countrys, For He Alone is The Master inventer of Life, and all Who follow Him, will display the same attributes, Some of the Greatest inventions Come From England, (Germany, Poland, all the Jews) Italy, France, Actually where ever the Jews went; great inventions always followed, Gee I wonder Why.
The other Countries, just copy stuff; just like the evil deevil do. So The internet is Americn, No dispute, Its just other folks like to tap in to our resources, The Guys over seas that send us Bugs, on Port 4500 hit us at about 2 a minute, Guess where they Learned their Computer skills, Guess from Where. From the Land of the Brave and Free. God always blesses the jews and aynone that supports them, Thats why this country is so blessed, Do U realise How many Jews Own a Piece of America ? The World is fastley heading for complete division, The Godly againt the Godless. Are U ready, The almighty is going to remove the salt of the earth, And Then What Happens. You Know the Rest of the Story. :bow:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
...I built the machines that made the motherboards that started the whole internet evoultion, The Internet Yes is used all over the world, But yet Again It was Born right here in America just like most of the Great inventions...

You want to mention that to Tim Berners-Lee. And of course Charles Babbage, who designed what we now recognise as the first computer, was from England.

Erwin, the founder of these forums, is from Australia, and the forums are used by people from all over the world.

In terms of telecommunications, two of the most important inventions in the world were invented by Scotsmen (the television by John Logie Baird and the telephone by Alexander Graham Bell).

The inventor of the first internal combustion engine was from Switzerland, while the inventor of the modern automobile was from Germany.

The earliest self-powered aircraft were created and tested by John Stringfellow, from England, and Clément Ader, from France.

The modern pedal-driven bicycle was invented by Kirkpatrick MacMillan, from Scotland, which was also home to John Boyd Dunlop, creator of the first pneumatic tyre.

In fact, Scotland seems to be quite a hotbed of invention - I just thought I'd look up the refrigerator, and it turns out that the first known artificial refrigeration was demonstrated by William Cullen of that fine country.

Sure, the Americans have done a lot, but let's not underestimate the contributions of the rest of the world.

(Oh, and Jesus? Born in Bethlehem, lived in Nazareth. Neither of which are anywhere near America. :) )

David.

Upvote 0

Tavita

beside quiet waters He restores my soul..
Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
You want to mention that to Tim Berners-Lee. And of course Charles Babbage, who designed what we now recognise as the first computer, was from England.

Erwin, the founder of these forums, is from Australia, and the forums are used by people from all over the world.

In terms of telecommunications, two of the most important inventions in the world were invented by Scotsmen (the television by John Logie Baird and the telephone by Alexander Graham Bell).

The inventor of the first internal combustion engine was from Switzerland, while the inventor of the modern automobile was from Germany.

The earliest self-powered aircraft were created and tested by John Stringfellow, from England, and Clément Ader, from France.

The modern pedal-driven bicycle was invented by Kirkpatrick MacMillan, from Scotland, which was also home to John Boyd Dunlop, creator of the first pneumatic tyre.

In fact, Scotland seems to be quite a hotbed of invention - I just thought I'd look up the refrigerator, and it turns out that the first known artificial refrigeration was demonstrated by William Cullen of that fine country.

Sure, the Americans have done a lot, but let's not underestimate the contributions of the rest of the world.

(Oh, and Jesus? Born in Bethlehem, lived in Nazareth. Neither of which are anywhere near America. :) )

David.

Great post, David! :thumbsup:

Oh... an Aussie here, you know, we're down under the rest of the world.

Upvote 0

mrghost

Mar 1, 2008
In the Sticks Horse & Buggie
✟898.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I did not say all inventions came from America just most of them, And I am Irish. What I said was that everyone seemed to miss, is that God has inspired great inventions through the countries that followed God, Just Where Do You think the Jews migrated to after the fall of Jerusalem , Italy, England, Ireland, Norway. Denmark, Scottland. Poland, Yuko, Germany, Russia, France, And America. Where ever the Jews went, great inventions came out of those countries, Do the Math.

Upvote 0

Pogue

left CF, please see profile for further details
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2006
http://www.thesonscafe.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15
✟59,840.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
I've heard that freedom of speech also exists in places which aren't America. Might just be a rumour though.
I'm also not understanding how someone can be both American and Irish. Unless they have dual nationality. Eh, maybe.

Reactions: Trashionista
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fuzzymel

Contributor
Sep 25, 2006
Not a clue
✟15,527.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I've heard that freedom of speech also exists in places which aren't America. Might just be a rumour though.
I'm also not understanding how someone can be both American and Irish. Unless they have dual nationality. Eh, maybe.
Ugh I cannot tell you how much that annoys me.

I don't understand when a person says they are half Irish. I ask if they have an Irish passport and they say no. I know someone who is half Canadian they have British and Canadian passports so they do actually have both nationalities (the person has a Canadian parent and a British parent).

Upvote 0

Pogue

left CF, please see profile for further details
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2006
http://www.thesonscafe.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15
✟59,840.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
Ugh I cannot tell you how much that annoys me.

I don't understand when a person says they are half Irish. I ask if they have an Irish passport and they say no. I know someone who is half Canadian they have British and Canadian passports so they do actually have both nationalities (the person has a Canadian parent and a British parent).
Agreed. I don't think there's anything wrong with celebrating your heritage, but that's just what it is- your heritage. I don't think you can lay claim to nationalities which don't belong to you.

Upvote 0

Trashionista

Jun 10, 2007
The Copacabana
✟9,243.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Liberals
I did not say all inventions came from America just most of them, And I am Irish. What I said was that everyone seemed to miss, is that God has inspired great inventions through the countries that followed God, Just Where Do You think the Jews migrated to after the fall of Jerusalem , Italy, England, Ireland, Norway. Denmark, Scottland. Poland, Yuko, Germany, Russia, France, And America. Where ever the Jews went, great inventions came out of those countries, Do the Math.
1. I weep over the fact that you also haven't spelt Scotland correctly.

2. I'm in Toronto. I believe there is a Jewish population here, as well. Maybe its not as big a community as in say, New York City, but I refuse to believe Canada - ith free speech laws, I might add - doesn't also have Jewish communities.

3. On Jewish diaspora, didn't a lot of Jewish immigration to the US occur after WWII? I don't doubt that there were Jewish populations in the States before hand, but... I don't know. Just the whole Ellis Island-WWII documentary things I guess.

4. What is Yuko? Unless this a short-form of "Yugoslavia" I've never seen.

5. There are plenty of non-Jews in the US who invented things too.

Upvote 0
H

headhoncho

David.
None of that would happen' without Nikola Tesla, Man who have invented 20th Century.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.