This Inexpensive New Smart Mask Can Amplify the Speaker’s Voice and Translate Speech into 8 Language

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A Japanese robotics company has developed a smart mask that can amplify voices, transcribe dictation, and translate speech into eight different languages—and they will be available to the public as soon as September.

The C-Mask was designed by Japanese tech startup Donut Robotics to improve communication between airline workers and supermarket employees during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The mask, which is Bluetooth-connected to the user’s phone, is capable of translating Japanese into Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Indonesian, English, Spanish, and French.

The company originally developed their AI-based translation technology for their “Cinnamon” robot to assist international travelers at the airport. Since most of the nation’s airports were forced to close after the coronavirus outbreaks, the company applied their software to masks so that industry workers and healthcare providers could speak more clearly from behind protective glass barriers and face coverings.

Continued below.
This Inexpensive New Smart Mask Can Amplify the Speaker's Voice and Translate Speech into 8 Languages

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,340.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
A Japanese robotics company has developed a smart mask that can amplify voices, transcribe dictation, and translate speech into eight different languages—and they will be available to the public as soon as September.

The C-Mask was designed by Japanese tech startup Donut Robotics to improve communication between airline workers and supermarket employees during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The mask, which is Bluetooth-connected to the user’s phone, is capable of translating Japanese into Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Indonesian, English, Spanish, and French.

The company originally developed their AI-based translation technology for their “Cinnamon” robot to assist international travelers at the airport. Since most of the nation’s airports were forced to close after the coronavirus outbreaks, the company applied their software to masks so that industry workers and healthcare providers could speak more clearly from behind protective glass barriers and face coverings.

Continued below.
This Inexpensive New Smart Mask Can Amplify the Speaker's Voice and Translate Speech into 8 Languages

An early prototype
images

OB

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"The C-Mask was designed by Japanese tech startup Donut Robotics to improve communication between airline workers and supermarket employees during the COVID-19 pandemic."

I guess that leaves me out as I am not an airline worker trying to communicate with a supermarket employee or a supermarket employee trying to communicate with an airline worker.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,091.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm just waiting for some joker to hack their translation database. My mind is only a slip away from the gutter, so I won't make any further suggestions. I'll leave it up to your imagination where it might lead.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums