This bugs me...the chosen people

God chose the jewish people to work out his salvation through them. Why would God need to chose "A" people. Isn't our God big enough to chose all people? And wouldnt' that make more sense

God is God. As God HE decides what is best. Our small minds can't comprehend all that He sees and hears. You must believe that he knows what is best for all. If he decided to reveal himself to the Jews first, we can't question Him. We are His creation. He can do what He pleases with us.

Dan

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

fitmom

Senior Veteran
Mar 3, 2004
Regina
Visit site
✟12,454.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
When you are tempted to do something you know is wrong, we all are, in your heart you feel something that tells you it is wrong. In your mind, you will rationalize, again, we all do, this is why we are sinners. God put those feelings/thoughts in our hearts and minds to direct us on the right path, towards Him and His love and His perfect plan for us. I speak to God, and I did today, on my way to work when I felt anxious about something. PTL He shares my burdens. He loves you. God Bless, :amen: J

Upvote 0

Barones

Sep 9, 2004
✟138.00
Faith
Baptist
We just need to make sure we aren't led by our feelings. Using rationalization and how we feel to determine action doesn't mean it's what God's will is, I've found. It's a challenge for sure to remember--keep talking with God and seeking His will, not mine. If I listened to myself all the time, my inclination would be to pick what's comfortable. Comfort is my quest most days it seems. :)

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
kau2u said:
:wave: Thanks, but it didn't really answer my question. I know about the NT new covenant.

But why would our God choose A people in the OT? He's big enough to choose ALL people, isn't He?

It's never made sense to me.

He is God. We are not. His ways are above our ways. Which, if you get to know Him are infinately wiser than anything we could possibly fathom. So let's see now....

The God Who created the universe, created man, breathed life right into him, wanted to fellowship with him for eternity, has a thought, plan, idea, and I don't understand it. Ok, there's me not understanding it cuz I see through a glass darkly....and I'm prone to sin, and corruption and evil of every sort........

And then there's God, and His infinite wisdom, goodness, glory, purity, holiness and grace......and I find out after this here earthly realm that it was His mercy that kept me from knowing this......

Which do I gravitate towards? Do I trust this God of the universe Who loved me enough to die for me via His Son so that I would not perish? Should I?

Man, that's the question since the beginning of time isn't it?

Upvote 0

All4one

Sep 10, 2004
Ky
✟716.00
Faith
Christian
KAU,

God had already chosen us and revealed it in Isaiahs prophesies. He only chose the jews because they chose Him. Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were righteous people. We cant linger on this so much though because we may find ourselves envious of others gifts and things given by God.
Isaiah 49:6 "He says, "
You will do more than restore the people of Israel to me. I will make you a light to the gentiles, and you will bring my salvation to the ends of the earth."
And check this out!
Isaiah 56:3
"and my blessings are for the Gentiles too, when they commit themselves to the Lord. Do not let them think that I consider them second-hand citizens. And my blessings are also for the Eunuchs. They are as much mine as anyone else.

I believe satan is simply trying to make you feel left out. When he does that he disconects you from God and godly people. He is currently doing this to a guy in our youth group.

With Love:yum:

Upvote 0

Havren

Aug 11, 2004
near the forest
Visit site
✟320.00
Faith
Lutheran
Here are my view

In the old days,, people worshipped many different gods.. Abraham was the only man who worshipped the true God. He was therefor blessed, and his people should be the chosen one.

Something else.. when I look at America, I see a country that never criticize Israel. We christians should not be like this. Why shall we love Israel more than God himself does? We can not be like mute dogs who can not bark. I don't say that Israel is a bad country,, we shall love it with all of our heart, but we should also be able to criticize it when it acts stupid.

pardon my english

Upvote 0

Zug-Zwang

Aug 19, 2004
Babylon
✟7,918.00
Faith
Messianic
Havren said:
Here are my view

In the old days,, people worshipped many different gods.. Abraham was the only man who worshipped the true God. He was therefor blessed, and his people should be the chosen one.

Something else.. when I look at America, I see a country that never criticize Israel. We christians should not be like this. Why shall we love Israel more than God himself does? We can not be like mute dogs who can not bark. I don't say that Israel is a bad country,, we shall love it with all of our heart, but we should also be able to criticize it when it acts stupid.

pardon my english
A person is either Israel or he is not.If you believe in the one true G-d of Abraham and Israel then you must be called Israel if you follow the traditions that gave to the nation of Israel.

I do critisize Israel because I am not a recognized citizen.I'm not born Jewish but My G-d is the same G-d of Israel and I feel I have a right and a vote concerning the fate of Jerusalem.

As Christians we should stand and fight the battle that Israel has been fighting for 6 decades.To fight for our survival against people who wish us dead.
The fight is Israel,It has always been and who can deny it?
Why did we get killed on 9-11 if it's not for our support of Israel fighting terrorists like Arrafat who is the father of terrorism.
Who will pray for the peace of Jerusalem? Not only pray but who will stand up against Evil,Who will take the king of Babylon down? Who will stop Genocide in Africa or fight against chechen rebels in Russia,Fight the Terrorists all over Asia,Phillipines and everywhere else in the world.Right now there are 25 wars going on where Islamo terrorists are killing innocent people claiming land and kingdoms that don't belong to them.

Israel is the rock of Gibralter in the mid East,the beginning of Democracy and liberty in a land where women are killed and nobody watches.How are they still alive considering the 100's of millions of arabs that wish them dead? it's impossible but there they are defiant.

The Israelie who died over Palistine Texas in the shuttle disaster is the same man who flew an American f-15 into Iraq{Babylon} and bombed Saddam Husseins nuclear facility or else Saddam would have had nukes.Watch now what happens in Iran.
Good brave men will also stand up and decimate Irans nuclear dreams.
Israel has saved us from so much.As a christian nation we should look back and howl at our own distaste and critisism when we railed against Israel for bombing Saddam's nuclear facility.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Havren

Aug 11, 2004
near the forest
Visit site
✟320.00
Faith
Lutheran
America would not be a superpower forever.. :p

(this is probably off-track.. but anyway..)
Did you know something? If all people in the world would live the way the americans live,, the world would need three earths. It is not meant to live like this.. :)

pardon my terrible english..

Upvote 0

Zug-Zwang

Aug 19, 2004
Babylon
✟7,918.00
Faith
Messianic
Dirtydeak said:
I simply beleve that is not time for Iserels rebuke. Americas time has come but not theirs.
The problem is that we all seperate christianity and Judaism.It's the same as seperating a christian nation from the nation of Israel.It's said in zechariah that the law will go forth from Jerusalem.The law is the foundation of every civilization and the koran itself is based on Torah{instructions} of Moses just as Christianity is also based.Both began with the celebrations of a Messiah depicted in the Torah and being our suffering lamb.We were givin the celebrations of this Messiah showng us when the days of our visitation are.Jesus came as our Passover lamb on Pesach.He came as our Holy spirit on the feast of weeks and he will come as our conquering king at Sukkot.
In order to conquer a nation all kings went out and converted the world with religion.When a kingdom was takin over,the P.O.W.'s always have to convert.

What made Rome powerfull in becoming the accidental empire is the fact that the people everywhere could worship the same gods and although the names were Horus,Diana,Ishtar,Venus,Miss Liberty,Ashterith,Dagon,Baal,Osirus.They have many names but they are still Nimrod the builder of Babylon and his Mother/wife.The resurected Tammuz,Weep and search for him.The first resurected Messiah.

Upvote 0

Zug-Zwang

Aug 19, 2004
Babylon
✟7,918.00
Faith
Messianic
Havren said:
America would not be a superpower forever.. :p

(this is probably off-track.. but anyway..)
Did you know something? If all people in the world would live the way the americans live,, the world would need three earths. It is not meant to live like this.. :)

pardon my terrible english..
You have better English than me.America is a fire.The fire will not be put out but it will consume everything.
I am convinced that where the bible says it will take the Bow of Judah and fill it with the arrow of Ephraim that it is saying that G-d will take the gentile christian and he will use them to fight the enemy of Israel and that is precisly what is happening now.Zecharia also speaks about the flame of Joseph and of the house of Israel.Hoseah talks about it and Isaiah.Most people dont know the names.The house of Israel,the ten tribes under Jereboam became known as Ephraim the house of Israel and the House of Joseph.Ephraim means nations and they were exiled in 722bc while the Jews-House of Judah carry on today.
They call Ephraim the Northern kingdom,the house of Israel,The house of Joseph,The ten lost tribes of Israel but in the last days Ephraim becomes one with the house of Judah and they both go out to conquer thus The arrow of Ephraim fills the bow of Judah.

Jesus had two fathers as he was the son of Joseph and the son of David.He prefered to call himself the son of man because this was a mixture of both Joseph and David.The suffering Messiah and the conquering messiah.
Joseph married the priestess of Heliopalis and David married into Benjamin.

David united all the tribes by taking the last outpost of the philistines and that was Jerusalem that layed in the land of benjamin that seperated the house of judah and the house of israel.When David conquered Jerusalem he reuntied all of Israel because benjamin is split in two,some being part of Judah and some being part of Israel as psalms states that the house of Joseph is Mannessah,Ephraim and Benjamin.Mannessah was the first born of Joseph and they were always in civil war with Ephraim being the main 2 tribes of the northern kingdom.

Benjamin was the true brother of Joseph and the Beloved of the lord.Joseph loved Benjamin above all his brothers because he was born of the same mother{Rachel}.
David also said that the love of Jonathon{benjamin} was better than that of women,because Jonathon gave up his robe,ring,and everything that pertained to his kingdom and Jonothon became the beloved of the lord just like John became to Jesus.

Both Joseph and David have a true beloved called Benjamin{Jerusalem}

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
DrPepper said:
What about that verse "blessed are those who bless the jews" or something meaning those who are good to the Jews will recieve blessings.

I'm not a fan of Jack Chick, but one of his tracts is "Love the Jewish people" and he claims in it that the fall and rise of countries and their success is due to their support or lack of support for Israel.

What do people think about this?

I agree.

Upvote 0

Dan47

Sep 16, 2004
Stone Mtn. Ga
Visit site
✟129.00
Faith
Protestant
In reality, God didn't choose the Jews to bring salvation to the world. For their evil, they were cast away. God actually divorced them for their harlotries.​

Isa 50:1​
Thus saith Jehovah, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, wherewith I have put her away? or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities were ye sold, and for your transgressions was your mother put away.

Jer 3:8​
And I saw, when, for this very cause that backsliding Israel had committed adultery, I had put her away and given her a bill of divorcement, yet treacherous Judah her sister feared not; but she also went and played the harlot.​

You must remember, all that transpired in the Old Testament, was merely a shadow of things to come, and is to be used by us as correction, instruction and reproof.​

Col 2:16​
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath [days]:

Col 2:17​
Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body [is] of Christ.​

Heb 8:5​
Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, [that] thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

Heb 10:1​
For the law having a shadow of good things to come, [and] not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.​

Paul also said that he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, for circumcision is of the heart, not the flesh.​

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither [is that] circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

Rom 2:29 But he [is] a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision [is that] of the heart, in the spirit, [and] not in the letter; whose praise [is] not of men, but of God.

Actually the Jewish nation in the flesh was never intended to be God's people, they were only the shadow of the true circumcision, those who follow God in their hearts.

Gal 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

Gal 6:16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace [be] on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

If you are interested, there is a very interesting article on the 144,000 in the book of Revelation, that is quite an eye-opener. I'll give you the link. They won't allow me to give you a link, so I'll type it out, and you can copy and paste it in your browser. http//

mikevinson.home.mindspring.com/144000.html

I hope this article will give you the answer you are seeking.

Yours in Christ,
Dan Anderson

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zug-Zwang

Aug 19, 2004
Babylon
✟7,918.00
Faith
Messianic
Toga said:
the Jews killed Christ! " let his blood be own us and our children"

I really don't think God is foolish enough to even consider them his chosen!!! :sigh:
The bible tells of the Jewish people becoming a nation in the last day,They will come back to Israel and their language that was lost will also be found again.G-d tells us That he will never cast off his people and he will choose Jerusalem again.It's in my lifetime that he has been doing this.G-d says he will bless people who bless Israel and curse people who curse Israel{you}.

The Jews didn't kill Christ by the way,It was the Roman's under who's hand he died,but they didn't kill him either because he gave his life freely,nobody could have killed G-d if he would not have givin his life as a gift.In the last day is mentioned in all the prophet's saying that G-d is coming to destroy those who fight Israel.He is also coming to bless those who help Israel.The bible says that strangers will carry them on their shoulders back to their own land and that is excactly what is happening when people like myself give money to help Jews return to their homeland.

Upvote 0
Sep 19, 2004
✟128.00
Faith
Baptist
Hi, I'm new here but I was interested in your post. You asked why would God "PICK" just one group when he is big enough to pick them all??

I must say that I agree with you. However, there weren't so many people back then to choose from. Now, I'm not an expert or anything but I believe that they Adam and Eve were Jewish. I don't know for sure but this is what I think. Since this is where the blood line starts and this is where the blood line ends. God has given the Jewish people as much hardship as anyone if not more. Look at the Jewish History. The simple fact that a race could endure that much hate and persecution and still remain a population at all is just more poof that what God promises is true. Look at the Hawaiians. This population was practically wipped out just from disease. Yet the Jewish population is alive and striving after all they have endured. Why? Because God promised that it would.

The fact that they denied Jesus. Well that let Jesus become the savior to all of us from what I understand. So we are gentiles and they are His promised. Yet, in the end we are all going to inherate the same kingdom. So we are now ALL of God's choosen people!

I hope this helps.

God Bless You,

Upvote 0

Mea Culpa

Mar 18, 2004
✟35,941.00
Faith
Christian
kau2u said:
:wave: Thanks, but it didn't really answer my question. I know about the NT new covenant.

But why would our God choose A people in the OT? He's big enough to choose ALL people, isn't He?

It's never made sense to me.

The Jews were a picture in the old testiment of
1, The believer in the Church Age
2. The flesh

God chose them to be His people, not because they were special but to paint a picture. He made promises to them and all of them have not been fulfilled, but will be in the future.

When God brought the people out of Egypt and into the promised land, it was a picture of God bringing the believer out of the world and into salvation.

When they went astray, it is a picture of the flesh and easily we all go astray.

Now there is a heck of a lot more details then I got here!! But God is an awesome Artist, and He paints beautiful pictures.

I mean, there is the whole blood sacrafice thing, and it goes on and on. But the point is, when God promised in the ot to the Jews that He would send a deliverer, it was fulfilled in Christ, and Christ died once for all.

I hope that helps, even if only a little! Hey, I am no expert!! :)

Upvote 0

BornAgainChristian

Saved in Christ, Witness to Christ
Sep 18, 2004
Massachusetts
✟879.00
Faith
Christian
Hi there! :wave:

Let me interprete this for you.

The Isrealites were the only people who knew about God. The true God.

Well, he saved them from Pharoh's grasp and chose them as his people on Earth to represent him. They were the only ones who knew the true God. So God chose them to spread the rightousness.

In time, however, the Isrealites were disobiedient.

Remember, though, that God, over time, chose a lot of people. Remember that the people tried to kill Jesus when he mentioned that God loved other people, not just Isrealites, back then and will always love others people, not just the Isrealites.

God loved all. It was just that back then, the Isrealites only knew him. Then over time, more people started to know him until today. A lot of the world knows him now. So know, he doesn't have "A" people, he has just plain "people" since now a lot know who he is and loves him.

However, though, they recieved God's wrath over time for their foolish decisions and foolish willful sins.

Upvote 0