Elevate My Soul
May 4, 2004
Ohio
✟1,869.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In the Old Testament God chose the Jewish people. And frankly the Jewish people got the end of God's anger too, for they largely fell to their own ways.
Jesus changed all this...He reached out and still does reach out for everyone...Jew, Gentile, Muslism, man, woman. With Jesus there was a new covenant, everyone could go to the prescence of God without fear or tredipdation.

I know this was a quick answer and I could give you specifics if you are interested. I just didn't want to bombard you when you seemed to be looking for a quick answer!

Upvote 0
May 11, 2004
Fortress Kedar
✟21,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
God did choose all people, until Adam and Eve disobeyed. Then, He had to wipe out the children of the fallen angels (Noah & the Flood), then He chose Abraham because he was actually a righteous, faithful man. God wants all of us, but all of us don't want God. All of us would have been included had all of us been righteous.

Reactions: Minty
Upvote 0

ischus

ΙΣΧΥΣ ΚΑΙ ΤΙΜΗ
Mar 13, 2004
Visit site
✟3,170.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your perception of the Israelites is shaped by our modern interpretations. God always had a heart and a ministry to the Gentiles. They were called to be His people just as the "Jews" were. In fact, the "Jews" were never a pure blooded race- the patriarchs, those who came out of Egyptain bondage, etc, all show the universality of the Jewish nation, how Gentiles lived side by side with "Jews." God has always been working with Gentiles as well as Jews. He is not biased. The only reason that he chose a specific people was first of all to have a tangible line for the Messiah to come from, and also because the Jews were one of the few groups of people who ever allowed God to use them to reveal more of His word, his Will, his character, etc.

Upvote 0

rainbowprism

Elevate My Soul
May 4, 2004
Ohio
✟1,869.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I agree with the previous posters. Back then there was no nation of Israel. God had made His covenant with Abraham, who had Issac, and then Jacob whose name was changed to Israel. So it wasn't a nation God chose but rather a family to begin the line of His people, with His ultimate goal of calling everyone His people. Please don't think that God favors people of a certain heritage more than other because that is simply not the case. As far as Him choosing Abraham, well He had to pick SOMEONE didnt' he? Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
kau2u said:
God chose the jewish people to work out his salvation through them. Why would God need to chose "A" people. Isn't our God big enough to chose all people? And wouldnt' that make more sense:sigh:

Hi there!

:wave:

Let me paint a picture for you...

It's after the creation and fall of man, and God is no longer walking on the earth and talking with man, but the only way to communicate is through prayer.

God sits on His magnificent throne as God the Father, with the presence of the Eternal Word and Holy Spirit there on that singular throne. And God looks at his creations on the earth, looking for upright people who will accomplish His work... and He sees Noah, but God also sees all the peole who are not upright and righteous, and God call Noah to a special work, knowing that Noah will not fail.

You know the rest.

and mankind moves on... and then God spots Abraham. He calls him out of a polytheistic home and out of a polytheistic society and calls him away from his family, and God promises Abraham a land for his obedience.

You know... we don't know if God offered this same proposal to others because there's no other record, but when God offered that plan to Abraham, Abraham listen to what God said, and in time, learned to be so close to God that he was the only person to be called "God's friend".

The reward of that walk with God was the promise of a land and a people of his generations that would serve God, just as God said in the intial proposal.

Jas 2:23And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
God chose "a people" and He tested them until they proved themselves... that took nearly 3500 years, until the time of the Babylonian captivity when "those chosen people" stopped trying to incorporate idol worship with worship to God. You see, "those chosen people" failed again and again, but Abraham's faith was the "guarantee" until the time of Christ....and God's promised Abraham a land and a people.

And they have paid a price for being the chosen of God... just as Christian pay a price in this world for being the chosen of God.

Isn't our God big enough to chose all people?

God not only is big enough to chose all people, but God did predestine all people to salvation. People either chose God or reject God, that is where free will fits in with predestination.

~serapha~

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

theseed

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Clarksville, TN
Visit site
✟30,488.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Election has always been God's modus operandi. Israel was blessed and cursed by being the chosen nation, because God held them accountable.

Also keep in mind that it was the seed of Israel, Jesus Christ, that brings salvation to people of all nations and races.

Upvote 0

HomeBound

Learning in the meantime
Jun 24, 2003
Augusta Georgia
Visit site
✟1,926.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
kau2u said:
God chose the jewish people to work out his salvation through them. Why would God need to chose "A" people. Isn't our God big enough to chose all people? And wouldnt' that make more sense:sigh:
He chose a people he knew would rebel against him, in order to show his unending forgiveness toward the world.

If he forgives those who constantly went against him, it shows his grace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

theseed

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Clarksville, TN
Visit site
✟30,488.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bizzlebin Imperatoris said:
Every people would rebel, its not about being picky. Grab one, and go with it. Nothing on earth lasts for ever.
I agree, that is what happens when you are under The Law. The law of our flesh works against it, causing us to sin even more. But The Law is good, we are not (Romans 6).

Upvote 0

Rafael

Only time enough for love
Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One people would be those that choose to obey God, but those that do are from all nations. The original promise to Abraham was for his seed to be "many nations" - "hamon goyim" - multitudes of gentiles. Through the seed of Abraham all the nations of the earth were blessed.
God's plan was to save all people's, not just one tribe of Israel, Judah. ALL who have faith in God.

Gen. 17:5 Neither shall thy name <08034> any more be called <07121> (8735) Abram <087>, but thy name <08034> shall be Abraham <085>; for a father <01> of many <01995> nations <01471> have I made thee <05414> (8804).

Strongs concordance: 01995 Nwmh hamown haw-mone’ or Nmh hamon (#Eze 5:7) haw-mone’
from 01993; TWOT-505a; n m
AV-multitude 62, noise 4, tumult 4, abundance 3, many 3, store 2, company 1, multiplied 1, riches 1, rumbling 1, sounding 1; 83
1) (Qal) murmur, roar, crowd, abundance, tumult, sound
1a) sound, murmur, rush, roar
1b) tumult, confusion
1c) crowd, multitude
1d) great number, abundance
1e) abundance, wealth
Strongs: 01471 ywg gowy go’-ee rarely (shortened) yg goy go’-ee
apparently from the same root as 01465; TWOT-326e
AV-nation 374, heathen 143, Gentiles 30, people 11; 558
n m
1) nation, people
1a) nation, people
1a1) usually of non-Hebrew people
1a2) of descendants of Abraham
1a3) of Israel
1b) of swarm of locusts, other animals (fig.)
n pr m 1c) Goyim? =" nations"

Revelations 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Serapha,I do wholeheartedly agree with your answer to "Why Israel the chosen people".I have been thinking of the ongoing war and atrocities,which are going on in Israel.Do you think Israel belomgs to the Jews/Israelites,because God has promised it to Abraham and his followers,or do you think that ALL Israelites/Jews have to accept Jesus Christ as their Saviour?One or two people I have asked that question,answered"Not until.I would appreciate your answer Serapha.Greetings from Emmy.

Upvote 0

Rafael

Only time enough for love
Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Most people do not realize or remember from the Old Testament that there are TWO houses of Israel, and that both are significant to end times. God has not changed His covenant towards man and has blessed all of mankind through Abraham's seed. I recommend reading a book online by Batya Wooten - "Who is Israel and Why you Need To Know". It goes into detail about the two houses of Israel and God's promises and the prophecies concerning both houses. Even the New Testament scriptures point out the significance, yet it is not taught very often in Church and many are led to believe in "replacement theology" for Israel, which is plainly in error. Here is the link for a free reading of the book - skip the into, it is not her writing, and the book is about much more than the replacement theology:
http://www.aarons-advocates.org/BACONT.html

Acts 13:23 Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Romans 11:25-26 For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery - so that you will not be wise in your own estimation - a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in: and thus all Israel will be saved....

Hebrews 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. 7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. 8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Another book relevent to end times and the forces gathering in the Middle East against Israel is "The False Prophet" by Ellis Skolfield. Although I disagree with some of his material that is amillenniel, other parts are very accurate concerning "the fullness of the Gentiles", the "abomination of desolation", and the "anti-Christ". The two houses of Israel and their reunion play into the last days scenerio of the world - end times that we live in.

Upvote 0