This bugs me...the chosen people

keljanz

Dec 7, 2006
✟15,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know, I'm going to tackle this not using verses but simple words that I hope will reach into your heart and help you understand the vision that will give you peace of mind. Yes we are a chosen people but I think a better way to approach this is to know that God molded us all as individuals with our own unique plans. He knew in our creation, before we were even born, what would be the desires of our hearts. If in his planning, he had made us without this freedom of choice then we would all be robotic and what sort of wonderous world would that be. He choose us to be part of his great big family but he also knew which individuals would decide to go their own way. In the same way God knew which individual gifting would be best suited to our lives and he chose us all for our own unique purposes. I hope this is making sense. I just want to pray for you, that God will clear your mind and give understanding in this. Father I lift this person up to you right now and pray that you are with them, helping in the wisdom of knowledge, that only you can provide. Father I just pray that you will give them comfort in the understanding and that they will not feel judged by any of the answers here. Father you are a totally awesome God and it's just great that we can come to you with questions like these and know that you will meet us with where we are at. Father may our minds and our hearts always be open to the wisdom of your word and may we never be afraid to bring anything to you in prayer, for you are not a judgemental God but simply one who loves us where we are at and are constantly shining blessing over our individual lives. I pray these things in your precious name AMEN

Upvote 0
P

PhilosopherD

God chose the jewish people to work out his salvation through them. Why would God need to chose "A" people. Isn't our God big enough to chose all people? And wouldnt' that make more sense:sigh:
Equality of choseness would assume that God doesn't know what He is looking at in His own creation. There is something in each individual that is either 'turned on' or 'turned off'. Only He knows what He is looking for, and that something I believe is what makes any relationship work....positive responsiveness.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Thank God, there has been a people through the ages since the flood that preserved the Word of God, meet with God at Mount Sinai and keep the laws, statutes, ordinances, and judgments that we can read today and know how the Lord looks at things. We should also be glad that it is through this group of people that the Lord chose to show Himself in the flesh and fulfill the ordinances of temple services with His sacrifice. If we did not have these prophectic services, we would think it was just another jew of the millions that hung upon the cross of death at that time in history and give it no more thought. It is because of the preserved Word fo God that we can understand what was done, is done, and will be done. Thank you to all the dedicated people throughout all the generations for being willing to die for the truth.

Reactions: Henaynei
Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Kau2u, Yes, God loves all people, but the Israelites are still His chosen people. Serapha puts it very well, and also: God chose a Jewish girl, to be the vessel to carry, and bring forth the promised Messiah, the Virgin Mary. Many Jews have already become Messianic Jews, and many more will realise and believe, Jesus Christ is the promised Messiah, the Son of God, the Saviour of the World. I say this humbly and with assurance, Kau2u, and send greetings. Emmy, sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

LavenderLeaves

Nov 4, 2006
California
✟8,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That was in the old testament but not everyone knew about God and many had their own myths and gods or believes in their own goddesses...i know having jews has the chosen ones sound unfair but at the time i dont think they would have wanted to do it because with intimidations like the romans, greek mythology, aristotle, pontius pilate, and such and such around it was, lets put it this way, insanely difficult.

But when the people around the preachers did not heed to the warnings of a messiah to come they continued to live their ways in utter selfishness, corruption, and cheat-trades even more.

When Jesus came he set the record that Jews were not only the chosen people anymore but everyone who came across to believe. And it was then and there that the power of Christianity was able to expand.

Jesus quotes it so many times in the new testament that chosen people are now the gentiles (people other that jewish) and the jews, hence meaning... everyone!

being a jew and chosen back then is like a student in class who presents a good idea but his peers slash his suggestion with their doubtful opinions.
It inflicted that much pressure in a jewish person's life.

Upvote 0

KatherineOCA

Aug 12, 2006
✟15,201.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Along the journey into the Orthodox Christian Church, someone talked extensively about the relationship of the OT to Christ. "Chosen" to some of us implies "better" that is not it.
God always intended our salvation...that is our union with Him. God always intended for the Word of God to become man-the real Adam. He prepared a people to produce this new Adam-our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. This new Adam saves mankind. The Jewish people are the people chosen to produce the Virgin Mary who is the mother of the Messiah, Jesus Christ. Christ is the new Adam, the real Adam, in whom we live and move and have our being. The whole OT is all about Christ...

Reactions: MariaRegina
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JEBofChristTheLord

to the Lord
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2005
Topeka, Kansas, USA
Visit site
✟38,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Jewish people of today are not cast off because Yeshua came, but are still keepers of the oracles, finishers of the faith, and key people of propecies.
I agree about the prophecies. However, the Lord has said that He is the finisher of the faithfulness, the work of God.

John 4:34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
I do not mean that Yeshua is not the finisher of the faith, but as a people after the time of the gentiles is fulfilled, the jewish people will again be in the spot light of earth's prophectic history and part of the reason that why the mystery of God is finished.

Finally all the clues will be put together in their proper setting and we will see clearly all that is of God, the trumpets will be heard and understood in the proper context. The truth will shine forth like never before in earth's history. Just as the truth shone forth with Yeshua's first coming, so will the truth shine forth in all its glory just at the second coming. Ever wondered what is so special about 144,000 jews?

Upvote 0

jasper123

Jan 1, 2007
✟15,393.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'll Be More Than To Tell You But It Will Upset
Alot Of People. Technically The Jews Were The
Choosen People Of The Old Covenant But
Christians Only Are The Choosen People Of The
New Covenant. The Apostle Paul Said That
Which Is Is To Vanish. The New Covenant Is
An Everlasting Covenant.

It Started With Abraham Where God Said, I
Will Bless The And Thy Seed And They Shall
Inherit The Land. This Is Repeated Several
Times Throught The Old Testament To Different
People Of God.

Scripture Is Cryptic But Paul Revealed The
Following If Ye Be Christ's Then You Are
The Seed Of Abrarham Christ Also Had His
Own Sheep Which Are Of His Flock.

The Land To Inherit Is The Holy Land Better
Known As Heaven Not A Piece Of Real
Estate Located In The Middle East

In Short Christ Comes To You And Saves
You With His Blood And You Become Isreal
Located In A Spirtual World

John

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JEBofChristTheLord

to the Lord
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2005
Topeka, Kansas, USA
Visit site
✟38,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll Be More Than To Tell You But It Will Upset Alot Of People. Technically The Jews Were The Choosen People Of The Old Covenant But Christians Only Are The Choosen People Of The New Covenant. The Apostle Paul Said That Which Is Is To Vanish. The New Covenant Is An Everlasting Covenant.

It Started With Abraham Where God Said, I Will Bless The And Thy Seed And They Shall Inherit The Land. This Is Repeated Several Times Throught The Old Testament To Different People Of God.

Scripture Is Cryptic But Paul Revealed The Following If Ye Be Christ's Then You Are The Seed Of Abrarham Christ Also Had His Own Sheep Which Are Of His Flock.

The Land To Inherit Is The Holy Land Better Known As Heaven Not A Piece Of Real Estate Located In The Middle East

In Short Christ Comes To You And Saves You With His Blood And You Become Isreal Located In A Spirtual World

John
Amen, brother!

Upvote 0

GodsElect

Nov 26, 2006
✟7,992.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
:wave: Thanks, but it didn't really answer my question. I know about the NT new covenant.

But why would our God choose A people in the OT? He's big enough to choose ALL people, isn't He?

It's never made sense to me.

Certainly God is able to choose all people. But if He did choose all people then all would without a doubt be saved! If this were so, then we wouldn't need a savior, our Lord Jesus Christ. Is Hitler in heaven???
God raises some up for destruction and wrath. who are we to question that? Isn't this what was said to Pharaoh. The Lord hardened Pharaoh's heart and drowned him and his people in the closing of the Red Sea. So All of Isreal saw the great power and protection of God to His chosen people. The rest of the world heard of this. Romans 9:17 For the Scripture says to the Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth.”

He raises some up for destruction that His great mercy, grace, glory and justice may be shown among the earth.

I think the heart of the problem lies within whether one believes, that because one is a believer they will be chosen, or because they are chosen that they are a believer. I have heard soo many times people ask, "So you mean to tell me that because one who wants to believe and accepts Christ as their savior, if they are not chosen, or elected, or predestined they will not enter the Kingdom???"

The simple answer is in the word of God which states....
those "Appointed" to eternal life believed. (Acts 13:48)
and Christ's words "All the Father GIVES me will come to me" (John 6:39)

Because one is a true believer, it is not that they had anything good in them to make themselves one of the chosen, but rather because God chose them is the reason they truly believe. God is the Alpha and Omega, the begining and the end, the start and finisher of all faith and exsistance. Rightly so, God knows All whom will be saved and All whom will be raised up in iniquity and die in it and be punished to show His Grace and mercy upon those who sin whom are His Sheep. He will call ALL His Sheep by name.

Romans 8:30 And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.

Upvote 0

Yitzchak

יצחק
Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟26,333.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The key word is Chosen. While we have free will to decide for ourselves many things , the decision for how to bring salvation to the world lies with God alone.

The question of why God chose the way that He did can only be answered by God Himself.

One thing is clear though. God is no respector of persons in the sense that He responds to any who reach out to Him in faith whether jew or gentile.

Reactions: Henaynei
Upvote 0

kompia

Mar 25, 2006
sarawak
✟7,653.00
Faith
Christian
Well, to be honest... It's not easy being the chosen one for God. Look at Israelites, they gone through up and down in history. Very down whenever they defied God and the punishment is very visible. (Great flood, destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, 40 yrs of wondering in desert and etc.)

It's a strict camp for the Israelites. Laws are meant to be strictly followed. Disobedience meant disobedience to God. Take the case of Achan, he and his family were punished to die stoned because he took some property from war victory (Jericho), which was prohibited by God at that time.

To sum it up, Israelites is chosen but at the same time cursed. Cursed for the benefit of mankind, to see that God does exist and He is in control. And He is still in control today, and his existence continue proven through new generation of Israelites in the new covenant, through Christ followers - Christians.

And still as the new generation of chosen people, it will not be easy, as Christ Himself had said it. We will be hated by the world because the world hated Him (Jesus) first (John 15:8).

Regards.

Upvote 0