✟993,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All right, here we go for a third round. ^-^

So, as stated before in the first thread, this schedule is supposed to follow a thematic connection between all of the passages/chapters assigned in the same day.

And we'll update this every other day to give us more time than the last, in which I admittedly burned out before the end. So all in all this will take two years.

Now, before I post Day 1's reading:

WARNING. NOT READING THIS MAY CAUSE CANCER IN LAB RATS =>​

Not everyone may know or remember this about me, but I am a conditionalist Christian, meaning that I take the conditional immortality stance on the subject of the "afterlife" and the condition of the human soul because I believe that it is far more Scripturally accurate than the traditional teaching that upon Earthly death you immediately go to live forever in an upward heaven or a downward hell because the human soul is inherently immortal. Now, I am not at all intending to use this thread as a platform to preach my stance; that is not important here. Nor will I take subtle jabs at anyone who adheres to the traditional view. We both believe in Jesus Christ as Lord, Creator, and Savior; that is what ultimately matters. I only bring this up because my revised beliefs in the nature of the soul and all has changed my attitude and worldview in a lot of ways that I don't even notice until I open my mouth to give my opinion or thoughts about a lot of things, not even just in theological subjects. So while I will try to avoid it, sometimes you may see my conditionalist attitude or sentiments creep into my words when I give my thoughts on a day's reading, okay? Again, I'll try to avoid it, but just know that I am not trying to preach or undermine anything if you see words of mine that are simply reminiscent of a guy who takes the minority view of conditional immortality.

Oh, and for clarity, I will be using the same version of the Bible that I did last time for this kind of thread, the Modern English Version.

All right, so, here is

DAY 1

Psalms 148
Genesis 1
Genesis 2
Ephesians 1

Enjoy!

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

One bit I have noticed in today's reading that I don't ever recall is Genesis 1:7 and what the waters above "the expanse" might mean. I would assume that the expanse is space itself, of course, and the waters below are what the Earth arose from, as a day (literal or figurative) later the Lord has dry land arise fro that water. But what are the waters above, I wonder? Could they also represent the Earth somehow, like in a roundabout way saying that above or below, the Earth is the center of the universe as it is the only planet with living beings?:mmh:

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟141,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
VFcphtZ.jpg

There are many intriguing depictions people have come up with in interpreting the Bible.

"He watereth the hills from his chambers: the earth is satisfied with the fruit of thy works." - Psalm 104:13 KJV

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have thought of something to add to every update. Even if I have no personal new commentary on the day's reading, I will at least try to venture a guess as to what theme or themes are common in all of the chapters, and I will also refer back to the commentary that I did have for that same reading from the previous two bible read threads.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
An exhortation that shall serve even the kindest and most admired among us well for the rest of our lives, comes from the end of Ephesians 4:

30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, in whom you are sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, outbursts, and blasphemies, with all malice, be taken away from you. 32 And be kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ also forgave you.

There's always an unkind word waiting on the tips of many of our tongues, it seems. At least, out of all of us here in this community, for me there is. But I do truly thank you all for all of those times on here that you have allowed me to confess such an instance of my using an unkind or angry word at work or some other environment outside this community, without ever judging, it seemed. Multifavs, Mikha'el, Sampa, and many others. :angel:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
DAY 8

Genesis 16
Genesis 17
Genesis 18
Matthew 2

I will refer back to my thoughts on today's reading from a previous reading thread:
Chapters 16 through 18 are probably among my most favorite events that occur in all of Scripture. How God established His covenant with Abraham simply because Abraham believed in His promises (the sacrifice of the animals and the vision of the torch passing among them as Abraham slept); His fulfillment of one of those promises despite Sarah's crazy idea with giving Hagar her maidservant to Abraham just to have children vicariously, displaying her unbelief; Abraham's pleading with God to withhold his killing hand from Sodom despite its wickedness (the hideous nature of which we will soon discover - with the wanton raping of even angelic messengers from God and all), and God promising in response that even for the sake of as little as ten righteous people to be found in Sodom and Gomorrah, He would not destroy them.

Reactions: FredVB
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would just like to go on record and once more state that I think Genesis 24 tells the story of the greatest arranged-marriage love story of all time. Sure Abraham's servant was sent out to find a wife for Isaac in his place, but did Rebekah not come along willingly and seemingly quite happily, and it seemed that the instant the two's eyes met in the field when the servant's party returned with Rebekah, they were bonded for life. ^-^

DAY 14
Genesis 28
Genesis 29
Matthew 8

• Winner
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0