• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

LucB

Feb 8, 2018
Cumming
✟9,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hello.

I am a 15 year old male.

I have been diagnosed with ADHD and then ADD and then I was undiagnosed. My mind seems to often be a blank void. I often am in a state of disorient or a brainfog that effects my situational awareness. This can happen all day, but it becomes at full swing between noon and 4PM or 5PM. My mind is so empty. And I forget to think. There seems to be a lot of people who say that thinking is done with words or images, but I don't use either; or anything else. It's kinda implicit. I can think with words/images, but it's not natural for me. In the last sentence, what I could be explaining could be defined as "insight" or "ideas", but maybe not thoughts. Perhaps it's normal for people to not gain ideas without thinking. I am NOT mentally "in the zone". Im here on earth, and my brain is floating into another dimension. If I try to think of something to build, I would have an image of it in my mind.

I think I need improvement on my situational awareness.

Does anyone have any advice?

I know for certain that when I speak, I come across as strange boy. I was homeschooled for the last part of 3rd grade, and all of 4th grade, and during that time, I pretty much had no one to talk with. When I came back in 5th grade, people could tell that I was really bad at talking and last year, my English teacher thought I was Russian, but I was born in the United States (and that was at the end of the year).

My mom tells me that I often "walk in my own bubble".

Thank you!
- Luc

• Prayers
Reactions: drjean

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello.

I am a 15 year old male.

I have been diagnosed with ADHD and then ADD and then I was undiagnosed. My mind seems to often be a blank void. I often am in a state of disorient or a brainfog that effects my situational awareness. This can happen all day, but it becomes at full swing between noon and 4PM or 5PM. My mind is so empty. And I forget to think. There seems to be a lot of people who say that thinking is done with words or images, but I don't use either; or anything else. It's kinda implicit. I can think with words/images, but it's not natural for me. In the last sentence, what I could be explaining could be defined as "insight" or "ideas", but maybe not thoughts. Perhaps it's normal for people to not gain ideas without thinking. I am NOT mentally "in the zone". Im here on earth, and my brain is floating into another dimension. If I try to think of something to build, I would have an image of it in my mind.

I think I need improvement on my situational awareness.

I know for certain that when I speak, I come across as strange boy. I was homeschooled for the last part of 3rd grade, and all of 4th grade, and during that time, I pretty much had no one to talk with. When I came back in 5th grade, people could tell that I was really bad at talking and last year, my English teacher thought I was Russian, but I was born in the United States (and that was at the end of the year).

My mom tells me that I often "walk in my own bubble".

Thank you!
- Luc

Romans 12:2

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

God can transform your mind. Be praying and asking God to renew your mind as well as reading His word daily. His word I would say is the single biggest factor in my mind being transformed. I think completely differently than I used to, in a very good way.

I can also relate to what you're saying. I think most people use thoughts to hash everything out, but that's not how my mind works. My mind is always blank and there is just a knowingness and intuition there which organizes any information I am dealing with. I can usually solve problems without having to think about them at all. Not that I don't think or plan but by default everything is blank and nothing is moving and there are no visuals. The Lord is always helping me though and pointing things out, and His word speaks to all of my situations.

My mind didn't use to be blank all of the time but it became that way over the years due to some strange circumstances. I miss having visuals but this is the situation I am dealing with. With the Lords help I am overcoming.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know I can get brain fog from certain allergies (especially "molds" and foods that "grow" yogurt, mushrooms, blue cheese etc.) But you might have totally different ones. Since it's always around the same time of day, try to keep track of what you eat and drink and use or are around (environmental/toiletries/chemicals/smells etc) and see if maybe it's allergy?

It's good that you have been undiagnosed as I think doctors are too quick to give one and not look into possible causes.

Allergies can not only make you feel "crazy" but make you act crazy too! That's what my allergist validated. :)

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
The advice about allergies makes sense.

From my own experience, I can say quite confidently that humanity is moving from mindfulness to growing memory (and then great cognition) - there's no specific reason for this transition, humanity is just growing old (it was mindful for tens of thousands of years, so its understandable that at some point it would grow old).

I too draw blanks at times, sometimes forgetting in the middle of a sentence what I just said - I basically get stressed when people expect too much of me (and put me on medications that slow the rate of processing of memory, to boot!).

Actually (I don't know if this will help you or not) but I have been doing an exercise where I meditate on shocking my brain, from working too hard - I basically just will myself into a state of shock and ask myself "what about that gives you peace?". I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but you can never really shock yourself if you are doing it deliberately, so asking "what about that gives you peace?" gives the mind opportunities - other opportunities - to find rest.

I guess I'll pray for you too, that would make sense.

Upvote 0