• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Thinking of leaving all this behind....

looking4answers

May 5, 2005
Republic of Texas
✟279.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jessie87 said:
I dont know where to put this post so Ill just stick it here. I am seriuosly thinking about leaving all of it behind. God and the whole church bit. I don't know how many times I have asked God to help me. I keep on doing the same horrible sin over again. I don't know how many times I have gotten on my knees and asked God to take this sin away from me and the next day I do the same thing over again. I have accepted the Lord into my heart. At least I think I did. I I dunno, but when I think am leaving I feel like I am leaving something big behind. It makes me cry harder. I have put this same post on a exchristian forum and they say they experinced the same thing. I dont want to leave God behind but it seems like this is my only option since He isnt helping me.:(
You are doing the right thing by speaking to the group here. regarding the frustrating repeated sin. We are supposed to be confessing our sin to one another for healing. I would imagine that things may be getting better for you. At least you are begging God for help. There are many who know what is wrong and do it anyway! Even the apostle Paul struggled with this, saying "the good that I want to do...I don't do it. The thing that is wrong...that is the exact thing that I do! Disgusting man, that is what I am. Who will set me free from this dead, disgusting situation I live in? Thank you GOD for it has been done through Jesus Christ." (my paraphrase..) The problem that we have is that we are still struggling against and with the flesh and blood that we live with and that we live in. We are all looking forward to the day when "we are perfected in Christ".

I will pray for you. We all need to pray for each other in this matter.

Upvote 0