Denver
✟35,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Met with the pastor...The prayer he prayed was amazing! I'll be starting a class called "Starting Point" in September. I CAN'T WAIT!!! Thank you Lord for bringing my dad's question to mind and pointing me in the direction you did.

Looking forward to Sabbath!
E

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Met with the pastor...The prayer he prayed was amazing! I'll be starting a class called "Starting Point" in September. I CAN'T WAIT!!! Thank you Lord for bringing my dad's question to mind and pointing me in the direction you did.

E

Very glad to hear that.
Amen!

Reactions: Enilorac
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

E
The Holy Spirit works wonders when you listen to that still small voice.

God bless!

Upvote 0

Enilorac

Jun 26, 2021
Denver
✟35,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
The Holy Spirit works wonders when you listen to that still small voice.

God bless!

I cannot believe how happy I am to have found the church. I really feel like this is where the Lord wants me.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I cannot believe how happy I am to have found the church. I really feel like this is where the Lord wants me.
When you listen to the Holy Spirit there is no other joy or peace like it. God bless sister, I am really happy for you. Happy Sabbath too!

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Pastor Doug was my personal pastor for many years. He references EGW often. Does he mention her every sermon? of course not, because the main focus is on the Word of God. So no contradiction.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Enilorac

Jun 26, 2021
Denver
✟35,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
EGW writings are available on Ellen G. White® Estate: Books

I enjoy reading her books, and within her writings she always points back to scripture. I think of her writings as more of a commentary on scripture.
I think you've been influenced by the anti sites. I'd encourage you to read SDA beliefs "straight from the horse's mouth" if you will on adventist.org You'll find there's been a lot of misinformation. At one time I thought much as you did about the SDA. I was happy to discover how wrong I was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Enilorac

Jun 26, 2021
Denver
✟35,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed

I am ovo-lacto vegetarian, mostly because I can't afford meat. If you look at longevity, SDAs tend to live longer, healthier lives because of our diet. Staying away from processed foods, eating meat/fish sparingly if at all (even "fresh caught" is full of pollutants) is better for you than a diet of rubbish. Yes, Jesus ate fish, no problem...BUT...have you seen the pollution in our waterways? I wouldn't eat anything from there and farmed fish are just as bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Enilorac

Jun 26, 2021
Denver
✟35,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Not at all, scripture talks about the end time church having the gift of prophecy, if one was really familiar with EGW books you would know she loves the Lord greatly, has brought millions to Christ, is the most published female author in history and she always tells her readers everything must be tested by scriptures.

I downloaded her books. They are probably the only books I read SLOWLY, savoring every word, bible at my elbow, notebook under my bible. I'm reading Steps To Christ, a book called Living 28 about living the 28 fundamental beliefs and the 4th Q EGW Sabbath school notes. My small group is going through the 4th Q Sabbath school lessons since we don't have a really active Sabbath School (totally bummed about that). I thank God for the day He alerted me to Doug Batchelor, which sent me to Stephen Bohr and all the other wonderful preachers, which sent me to my church and pastor that led to my baptism. Almost a year now after my baptism and I have not wavered one iota from my faith. I am still riding that "baptism high" utterly awed by my Lord who loved me SOOOO much he came chasing after me.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I downloaded her books. They are probably the only books I read SLOWLY, savoring every word, bible at my elbow, notebook under my bible. I'm reading Steps To Christ, a book called Living 28 about living the 28 fundamental beliefs and the 4th Q EGW Sabbath school notes. My small group is going through the 4th Q Sabbath school lessons since we don't have a really active Sabbath School (totally bummed about that). I thank God for the day He alerted me to Doug Batchelor, which sent me to Stephen Bohr and all the other wonderful preachers, which sent me to my church and pastor that led to my baptism. Almost a year now after my baptism and I have not wavered one iota from my faith. I am still riding that "baptism high" utterly awed by my Lord who loved me SOOOO much he came chasing after me.
Yes, we have some wonderful SDA pastors! If you are ever looking for a Revelation Series, this one is the very best! It goes through the whole chapter slowly and then onto Daniel. I cannot recommend it enough! It's long 112 30 minute videos. I was personally not familiar with Pastor Meyers before this series, but he is amazing and his personal story is incredible and goes to show God can reach anyone who has ears to hear. He went from signed rapper to SDA pastor and his knowledge, insight and approach to the scriptures are incredible. I am a huge fan of Pastor Rafferty, I love his gentle approach, he has such kind eyes.

I love your approach to the scriptures! I have a similar method, I just can't get enough!

Upvote 0

Enilorac

Jun 26, 2021
Denver
✟35,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
@SabbathBlessings I will have to check that out! I've been watching one by Pastor Stephen Bohr lately.
Do you do the day by day for Sabbath school or the whole week at once? I find it so hard to stop after just the daily lesson.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
@SabbathBlessings I will have to check that out! I've been watching one by Pastor Stephen Bohr lately.
Do you do the day by day for Sabbath school or the whole week at once? I find it so hard to stop after just the daily lesson.
I like to finish whatever series I am on too. Right now, I am on 107 episodes of 112 of the Revelation Series. Once I'm finished, I will go back to a Sabbath school lesson and finish that completely. I just finished reading the whole bible, so I will probably go to the Genesis Sabbath School that was a few months ago before catching up on the current one. I plan to re-read the bible again but may skip around a bit in it.

• Agree
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi all! I ran across a guy named Doug Batchelor on YouTube. He's a Seventh Day Adventist and I've been listening/watching him. It is becoming clear to me that I can easily agree with the beliefs. Any advice?

TIA

Sda teachings are the only teachings that I found to be both logical and biblically correct. Some other sda pastors you might want to check out are ....

Ty Gibson, David Asscherick, Stephen Bohr, Walter Veith. There are many youtubes out there

As always regardless where teachings come from they MUST be in harmony with His Word.

Be Blessed.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
One thing is true, there are many variations of Seventh-day keepers. If it is the only hook, then it distorts to maintain that focus. I will admit and remain faithful to the importance of the seventh day, from the weekly to the monthly, to the festival cycle, to the yearly cycle, and on to the millennium of the most incredible Sabbath rest of them all. They are like keys in the chamber, turning and clicking until they all line up and open yet another door to the kingdom. Enjoy your growth in Him, who will lead you into all truth.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
One thing is true, there are many variations of Seventh-day keepers.

There are but every idea imaginable does not have equal weight in evidence, history and scripture.

Upvote 0