Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
What did you think of that scientific study on animal protein and the example they give of Tuna fish?

I agree---however, this is not always applicable to those who have kidney failure and are on dialysis. They need to eat more beans than is good for their kidneys! My bloodwork was a disaster after my colon surgery and I decided to go vegetarian. I nearly went into kidney failure because of my bean consumption. I had one patient who was SDA and he decided to go vegetarian. He talked to a RN, also SDA, unfortunately she was not a kidney nurse and she encouraged him and said God would honor his choice. However, God does not always interfere with foolish choices. Well, I tried to warn him. but he did not listen. He immediately went downhill, by the time he realized his mistake---it was too late. He died. Active kidney failure is different from progressive failure. You can work around when they are failing, requires bloodwork. Not everyone has that kind of needed bloodwork.
As with me, I really am a walking miracle as God has to orchestrate for me when to eat plant protein, when to eat animal and when to eat eggs and cheese and when to eat fruits. It's all a delicate balance and He is the only one that knows what my body is doing. I could control it if I had regular bloodwork, but Hospice doesn't do bloodwork so have to leave it up to God. Hospice, at times, has nearly kicked me out of their program, as I am taking too long to die and not dyeing the way they want me to! They do not put it that way, but that is the way it is---Social Security has their guidelines and if you do not meet them, out you go. You have to show signs of deterioration or out you go! So God has worked things out to where I am deteorating at a slow enough rate to just stay in Hospice! Don't know how He does it---I just try to follow orders! My heart damage was Dr. induced and is not the kind that exercise helps, it makes it worse. If my heartrate goes up I feel horrible! It usually stays in the 50-60 range, over 80 I can feel it.

Upvote 0

H&TR

Dec 31, 2020
Georgia
✟22,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Praying for you.. Hospice regulations are very tight... I worked closely with Hospice nurses transitioning from Home Health to Hospice.. (Hospice nurses are angels.). sometimes the patients improved and came back to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I agree---however, this is not always applicable to those who have kidney failure and are on dialysis. They need to eat more beans than is good for their kidneys! My bloodwork was a disaster after my colon surgery and I decided to go vegetarian. I nearly went into kidney failure because of my bean consumption. I had one patient who was SDA and he decided to go vegetarian. He talked to a RN, also SDA, unfortunately she was not a kidney nurse and she encouraged him and said God would honor his choice. However, God does not always interfere with foolish choices. Well, I tried to warn him. but he did not listen. He immediately went downhill, by the time he realized his mistake---it was too late. He died. Active kidney failure is different from progressive failure. You can work around when they are failing, requires bloodwork. Not everyone has that kind of needed bloodwork.
As with me, I really am a walking miracle as God has to orchestrate for me when to eat plant protein, when to eat animal and when to eat eggs and cheese and when to eat fruits. It's all a delicate balance and He is the only one that knows what my body is doing. I could control it if I had regular bloodwork, but Hospice doesn't do bloodwork so have to leave it up to God. Hospice, at times, has nearly kicked me out of their program, as I am taking too long to die and not dyeing the way they want me to! They do not put it that way, but that is the way it is---Social Security has their guidelines and if you do not meet them, out you go. You have to show signs of deterioration or out you go! So God has worked things out to where I am deteorating at a slow enough rate to just stay in Hospice! Don't know how He does it---I just try to follow orders! My heart damage was Dr. induced and is not the kind that exercise helps, it makes it worse. If my heart rate goes up I feel horrible! It usually stays in the 50-60 range, over 80 I can feel it.

Thank you for that reply - I am praying that your health improves ... either way God has perfect health for all of us at Christ's return.. :)

Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟375,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok, took the plunge and went to visit the SDA congregation...loved it!
I would also like to hear about your visit. Where for one. I live in Alabama and visit SDA churches here and in Maryland and Pennsylvania when I lived up there. The one thing that more or less stayed as constant good in all of them was Sabbath School. Very active in regards to member participation. And very uplifting. I am not a member though. I go to a Sabbath keeping church across the street from my house.

Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Enilorac

Jun 26, 2021
Denver
✟35,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Did you stay for potluck?!

No, I didn't, maybe next week.

@Freth I really loved it. The pastor is umm...energetic is a good word. The people were nice.

@HIM the congregation is very small, quite different than what I experienced before, but I think I like it. I will be going back next week.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟375,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

@Freth I really loved it. The pastor is umm...energetic is a good word. The people were nice.

@HIM the congregation is very small, quite different than what I experienced before, but I think I like it. I will be going back next week.
Glad to hear it. What was the sermon on?

Upvote 0

Enilorac

Jun 26, 2021
Denver
✟35,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Glad to hear it. What was the sermon on?

It was on power...that when we give up and REST in God's hand, we are most powerful. When we try to do things on our own strength, we are sinning because we are being prideful.

• Agree
Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟380,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single

Energetic in a good way, I hope. Yes, definitely stay for the potluck. I grew up on vegetarian church potlucks. I can still taste my favorite dishes, they were so good. Glad to hear you had a good experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Enilorac
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

most SDA churches I have gone to do not have potluck every Sabbath so you might find that your local congregation only does it once or twice a month. But they always want visitors to stay for potluck that is for sure.

They probably have a Wednesday prayer meeting service - the church I go to has in-person meetings (plus ZOOM) on Sabbath and only the ZOOM format for Wednesday prayer meeting.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
most SDA churches I have gone to do not have potluck every Sabbath so you might find that your local congregation only does it once or twice a month. But they always want visitors to stay for potluck that is for sure.

They probably have a Wednesday prayer meeting service - the church I go to has in-person meetings (plus ZOOM) on Sabbath and only the ZOOM format for Wednesday prayer meeting.

Yes, I forgot, potluck is about every other Sabbath in most churches. And then some make it every Sabbath, however, it's full potluck (meaning for everyone) every other Sabbath, and visitors only in between. LOL! You'll just have to see what each church does, esp. when you go traveling!

Upvote 0