Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pompous statements of denominational doctrine that are expressed with apparent vanity, pride, and condescension.

Try not to do this, Folks. It's just ugly. And, sadly, it's everywhere I look on this site.

And if it's ugly to a wretched sinner like me...

Imagine what it looks like to Him.

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Pompous statements of denominational doctrine that are expressed with apparent vanity, pride, and condescension.

Try not to do this, Folks. It's just ugly. And, sadly, it's everywhere I look on this site.

I find your recommendation to be illogical. I would not be Catholic if I believed some other ecclesial community followed and taught right doctrine. Therefore, it is logical for me to express what I believe to be true in threads where such posts are appropriate.

I should imagine that non-Catholics hold similar views about their doctrinal convictions.

Thus, for as irritating as I find certain theologies and doctrines to be, I can at least muster intellectual respect for the person expressing those viewpoints inasmuch as they are speaking what they at least believe in good faith to be right doctrine.

I have frequently been singled out on this forum. Some members have referred to me as "arrogant" based on the tone of some of my posts. I chalk objections like that up to a difference in communication style. Feeling types tend to be more concerned with tone while Thinking types are more preoccupied with facts. These two types can therefore come into conflict with each other over relatively trivial matters concerning style rather than the substance of what they have posted.

As a defense of all persons concerned, I offer only the fact that we are all imperfect.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Even if it is backed by Scripture, and they are indeed saying the right things according to the Holy Spirit's Teaching, and not our own wisdom, without love, all of that is made pointless. There is righteous anger though, if you led God direct you towards not sinning in it.

1st Corinthians 13:2 is the scripture that mainly applies here.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

How about turning this into a communal thing. We all post what bugs us? I would like to participate.
Okay then, I will start one for all of us:)

Reactions: D.A. Wright
Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
How about turning this into a communal thing. We all post what bugs us? I would like to participate.

What bugs me is when people elect to only pick and choose certain verses of the bible, for use to argue in what could only be described as not "Loving thy neighbor as thyself" at least they way Jesus taught us too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums