These boards are no longer the CF boards??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futuwwa

Feb 8, 2006
✟5,284.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
I agree mostly with Bushmaster here.

Look, there is a LOT I could say about Turkey and when I think of... ERR! I'll drop it becuase I am already getting mad. BUt in the end, what are we accomplishing here? Look, Fuutwa, you're smart. You know your odd comments defending the Ottomans and downplaying the havoc the wreaked on the Church is going to offend us and push our buttons. The CHristian thing to do would be to turn the other cheek... but, we are human... please.. let's calla truce here and agree not to discuss these things here.

I want you to feel welcome here and for others to wnat to welcome you. You are child of God and you need Christ. So anytime you have a question, I hope you can come here and ask it.

I won't be here anylonger except to chekc my PMs every once and a while so if you would like, send me one. BUt let's put the politics aside.

And I ask the same of you guys. Would Christ be fighting with Fuutwa about all of this or would he be more concerned with his soul? I can say this much... I don't think He gives a care what Fuutwa or you or I think about the Ottoman empire.

And anyway, Philothei, I now understand why the avatar angers you so much but maybe when you see it you can try to just say a prayer for Mehmet II. Surely he needs it.

God bless you guys!

John

Even though you said you won't be here, I'll reply since this is in part to everyone in this thread.

I don't want to deliberately argue Ottoman history, but when people accuse you of trolldom and motivate it by making dubious historical references, I of course will have to answer just to defend myself against the accusation. But I'm absolutely not here to rub anything in. I accept the truce you offer.

And just to make things clear, though the Ottomans fascinate me, I'm not some general Turk fanboy. I probably despise the Kemalist regime almost as much as everyone here.

Upvote 0

HumbleSiPilot77

Senior Contributor
Jan 4, 2003
Arizona
✟12,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My apologies philothei, I didn't quite get what you wanted at first. Post #153 seemed like you wanted me to change avatar, #165 seemed to be okay with it, and in #210 you want it to be changed again. Anyway, it's done now.

LOL LOL LOL... It is the other evil dude!

Reactions: Philothei
Upvote 0

Xpycoctomos

Aug 15, 2004
Midwest
✟13,419.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Even though you said you won't be here, I'll reply since this is in part to everyone in this thread.

I don't want to deliberately argue Ottoman history, but when people accuse you of trolldom and motivate it by making dubious historical references, I of course will have to answer just to defend myself against the accusation. But I'm absolutely not here to rub anything in. I accept the truce you offer.

And just to make things clear, though the Ottomans fascinate me, I'm not some general Turk fanboy. I probably despise the Kemalist regime almost as much as everyone here.
Erwin just revently made some needed changes that I feel has brought the forum back to where it was and although I still feel it does not go far enough, if I was fine with it before, I can deal with it now.

Futuwwa, thank you for the proverbial olive=leaf you have offered us. I hope that we can all do better in the future here of showing you Christ's love and not holding your religion and your historical perspectives against you. I hope that in some small way we can't plant a seed in your heart and not leave a sour taste in your mouth about Christianity.

God bless you,

John

Upvote 0

HumbleSiPilot77

Senior Contributor
Jan 4, 2003
Arizona
✟12,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hope that we can all do better in the future here of showing you Christ's love and not holding your religion and your historical perspectives against you. I hope that in some small way we can't plant a seed in your heart and not leave a sour taste in your mouth about Christianity.

You may call it prejudice, but I think he has already heard most of these and I don't think most of these guys are impressed with it. Not speaking for him of course, it is not the reason they are here. One needs to seek to find the seed, if that is planted, and about 99% of them on these forums, including Non-Christian Religion, are in the Pontius Pilate (Quid est Veritas?) mode instead of Nicodemus (how can that be?) mode...

Upvote 0

Xpycoctomos

Aug 15, 2004
Midwest
✟13,419.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
One needs to seek to find the seed

I don't agree...

and about 99% of them on these forums, including Non-Christian Religion, are in the Pontius Pilate (Quid est Veritas?) mode instead of Nicodemus (how can that be?) mode...

Popular Early Christian teaching among many was and still is that Pontius Pilate became a Christian before dying and actively travelled to spread the Word.

Saint Paul wasn't seeking either.

Upvote 0

HumbleSiPilot77

Senior Contributor
Jan 4, 2003
Arizona
✟12,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is ok to disagree and I am glad you do, however I know some of these people... Again it is ultimately God who is doing the work, of course you are going to sow, I have a guy I am working with very slowly, but never on the net. Personal interaction is required in my opinion. But also, they have to have it in the heart, they have to open that heart.
How can we know if they are writing appreciative words to your welcome and your offer of our Lord but then on the other side of the screen laughing their butts off at you? It is me I think, I am speaking my mind.

Although Pontius Pilate's person was not my point, it is the question he asked and the way he asked of the Lord. Does that ring a bell with you maybe? Drop by Non-Christian Religion sometime.

Saint Paul... Futtuwa/Janissary is not Saint Paul. Sorry to be pessimistic but he won't become him either.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.