There is NO risk to me if I am wrong about "certain" doctrinal positions.

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟383,435.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m sorry, hide the truth?

Exactly - can you explain why billions of sincere Christians don't see the 'truth' you feel compelled to share with us all ???

The truth is that He doesn't 'hide' the truth - so one needs to question your claims.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
One of the core teachings is to help the poor in both of the Mosaic and Christ covenants. The risk of missing this core teaching is, missing the blessings of actually following through on a foundational principle of Godly life.

Much like churches who turn their backs on the sermon on the mount that Jesus ends by saying is the rock foundation to build a house on: They stand on a toothpick of foundation surrounded by the sand of their own biblical emphasis and preference. The risk of this course of action is that God's name is blasphemed amongst the heathen because of you. (and it is)

Missing the mark is it's own punishment, and it is remedied by treating others as you would rather be treated if you were walking in their shoes.

Reactions: pasifika
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟493,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Right there - billions of sincere believers are judged...

Judgement is for Jesus.

I guess this is the risk in the OP- Having enough faith in God to believe what He wrote and spoke so clearly, over what is popular (tradition) and that has no scripture of God’s authority blessing, making holy, sanctifying or being the holy day of the Lord thy God.

Exodus 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Revelation 14:6 7 He said in a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.”

Isaiah 66:23 And from one Sabbath to another,
All flesh shall come to worship before Me,”
says the Lord.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟493,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Because that is the conclusion of the arguments put by SB...
Do you think God’s will for us is to do the opposite of what He says?

Psalms 40:8 I delight to do Your will, O my God, And Your law is within my heart.”

There is no Sunday law in scripture but there is for Sabbath keeping spoken from our Creator and kept by Creator and Savior, as our example.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If Sabbath observance in accordance to the law isn't about justification, why should we worry about it?
According to the scriptures the purpose of God's law is not about justification from sin. God's Word defines sin as the transgression of Gods' law and not believing and following what Gods' Word says (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Romans 14:23). So God's law gives us a knowledge of what sin is when we break it or are in disobedience to it. The penalty of sin is death (Romans 6:23). Justification is through Christs death on the cross paying the penalty for our sins through His death paying the price for our sins (disobedience to Gods' law and not believing and following Gods' Word). The gift of grace that we receive through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9) is God's own son who is the sacrifice for the sins (breaking Gods' law and not believing God's Word) of the world.
Either way salvation is by grace through faith, so there is no risk in failure to observe as we are justified whether we observe or whether we do not observe. So what is the supposed risk you keep speaking of?
There is no grace to those who continue in known unrepentant sin and unbelief. According to the scriptures, God's grace is for obedience to the faith *Romans 1:5 which is why it is written in Titus 2:11-12 For the grace of God that brings salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world. God has given us His grace of forgiveness of sins through faith so that we can be obedient to the faith not disobedient to the faith. So what is the "risk" to us if we are disobedient to the faith?

Take Care.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If Sabbath observance in accordance to the law isn't about justification, why should we worry about it? Either way salvation is by grace through faith, so there is no risk in failure to observe as we are justified whether we observe or whether we do not observe. So what is the supposed risk you keep speaking of?
I posted in the post you were unresponsive to that according to the scriptures, James says the law is the mirror (James 1:23-24) that shows us our standing with God and Paul calls the law holy, just and good because it gives us the knowledge of what sin is when we break it (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; Romans 7:12). No one is talking about being saved by the law or being justified by the works of the law. So what is your argument? You did not make one and neither were your accusations truthful. Jesus says " They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. But go you and learn what that means, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." (Matthew 9:12-13). Do you know what these scriptures mean? You do not have to answer the question if you do not want to. It is up to you.

Take Care.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
And I have given you the answer to your question, as well as identifying the misleading claim underlying it. Is someone who does not work but trusts God to justify the wicked in a saved or unsaved state? What is the risk, then? You keep asking the same misleading question that has been addressed multiple times over, but you have not addressed a single one of my questions.
The post you were unresponsive to in this section says that according to the scriptures, Gods' 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; James 2:10-12). I asked you in your view if someone is continuing to practice known unrepentant sin are they in a saved state with God or an unsaved state with God according to the scriptures (see Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31 and compare with Hebrews 10:26-31; 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:4-9 and John 3:36)? You do not have to answer the question if you do not want to. It is up to you. Perhaps you can pray about it and consider the scriptures shared with you here. Something else to consider here however is what is the risk to us if we are in an unsaved state with God by continuing in known unrepentant sin defined in the scriptures as breaking anyone of Gods' 10 commandments or not believing and following what Gods' Word say (James 2:10-11; Romans 14:23)?

Take Care.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
And you, knowing the Scriptures (as you claim to) are therefore without excuse for teaching men to sin by presenting observation of the Sabbath as required for the believer in Christ. For whoever seeks to be righteous by the Law shall be made condemned by that same Law.

In this way you present the observation of the Sabbath not as freedom, but as condemnation and death. And so you preach against faith, you preach against grace, and you even preach against good works; for you present faithless works as pleasing to God.

When you observe the Sabbath you blaspheme it by denying He who fulfilled it in your observance. You believe your work is good and pleasing, but it is full of death and sin. This is nothing but the filthy rags that the Prophet Isaiah spoke of so long ago. You bring a sow into the Holy of Holies and dare to call it a lamb.

-CryptoLutheran
Not really but allow me to explain why from the scripture if it might be helpful to the discussion. According to the scriptures, those who have been born again through faith to walk in God's Spirit (John 3:3-7; Romans 8:1-4; Galatians 5:16; John 3:31) do not practice sin (1 John 3:6-9) defined in the scriptures as breaking anyone of Gods' 10 commandments or not believing and following what Gods' Word says (James 2:10-11; Romans 14:23) because they have entered by faith into God's new covenant promise and been given a new heart to love (see Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34; Ezekiel 36:24-27). Therefore according to the scriptures if we love God we will keep Gods commandments not be disobedient to them, as Jesus points out in Matthew 22:36-40; Matthew 5:17-20; Paul in Romans 13:8-10; Romans 3:31. James also agreeing with Jesus and Paul in James 2:8-12 as well as John in 1 John 5:2-4. This is why Jesus says "If you love me keep my commandments (John 14:15; John 15:10). According to the scriptures, the purpose of God's 10 commandments is to give us the knowledge of good (moral right doing) and evil (moral wrong doing); sin (moral wrong doing) and righteousness (moral right doing) *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Psalms 119:172 and to lead us to Christ that we might be forgiven through faith (Galatians 3:22-25). So if Gods' 10 commandments give us the knowledge of what sin is when we break them, but we choose instead not to seek God's forgiveness but decide to continue in known unrepentant sin once God gives us a knowledge of the truth of His Word are we in a saved state with God or an unsaved state with God? (see Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31 and Hebrews 10:26-31). Something to pray about I guess. Even Jesus says in His own words; " They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. But go learn what that means, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." (Matthew 9:12-13). Do you know what these scriptures mean? The purpose of Gods' law therefore is to lead us to Christ that we might seek Gods' forgiveness for our sins (breaking Gods' law) through faith. Therefore there is no forgiveness of sins if one does not know what sin is which is defined in the scriptures as breaking anyone of Gods' 10 commandments and not believing and following what God's Word says (see James 2:10-11; Romans 14:23; 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:6-9). You may also want to consider how can anyone be led to Christ if they do not know God's law which shows us we are all sinners and in need of Gods forgiveness of sins and leads us to Christ that we might be forgiven through faith *Galatians 3:22-25.

Take Care.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Only scripture has been shared ??

The problem is that your word (or anyones word) does not become God's Word just because scripture is quoted.

Satan quoted scripture during the temptation and it was not God's Word.

The bible is potentially dangerous - without His grace it cant be understood.

While you are self convinced and faithful to the sense of what you deliver - it may not be God speaking but a clever collection of ideas and arguments.

So let us offer our thoughts with a humble hand rather than pushing our barrow and risk bringing folks into condemnation.

Boiling the thesis down to it's natural conclusion folks who don't keep the Saturday Sabbath are deliberately rebelling against the Law of God. Millions of faithful believers are subsequently judged as unrighteous and in wilful rebellion.

Do you really think that God intended to hide His truth from those who have no connection with one sect of Christianity?

Is it possible that a theology can be driven by a denominational spirit with the intent to divide the body of Christ?

The response of Jesus when He was tempted of the devil in the wilderness Carl was "It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God." - Matthew 4:4. Scripture does not delete scripture if we are being led of the Spirit of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Right there - billions of sincere believers are judged... They read their bibles and came to different conclusions, and you state they are rebellious...
According to the scriptures (God's Word) the rebellious are all those who choose not to believe and follow what Gods' Word says (1 John 2:3-4)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Exactly - can you explain why billions of sincere Christians don't see the 'truth' you feel compelled to share with us all ???

Right here Carl...

Matthew 7:13-14 [13], Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leads to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:[14], Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads unto life, and few there be that find it.

Matthew 22:14 For many are called but few are chosen

Take Care

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said: To be honest, I am surprised that so many people believe for whatever reason Gods' 10 commandments are abolished? I mean for me if we read the bible it is a belief that is not in scripture and is a belief that is a contradiction the whole bible and the teachings of Jesus and all the Apostles in the new testament. Jesus and none of the Apostles taught this teaching. If God's law could be abolished there would be no reason for Jesus to have to come into our world and die for our sins. There would be no reason for the world to be destroyed by a flood or Sodom and Gomorrah by fire or for Jesus to destroy the wicked defined in the scriptures as those who continue in sin, breaking God's commandments and unbelief. It is because Gods' law is not abolished that Jesus had to come as God's sacrifice for the sins of the world because the wages of a single sin is death according to the scriptures.

God bless sis.
Your response here...
What also amazes me is the argument some make that keeping God’s law is a curse, but sinning you are in the Spirit. It’s amazing how God’s commandments that is holy, righteous and perfect and reflect the nature of our Savior has been so perversely twisted that people don’t take a step back to think about what they are saying. Truly heartbreaking.
Absolutely! I believe that the key to understanding this is only found in the scriptures as one is led by Gods' Spirit. Thanks for sharing your thoughts here sis.

God bless :wave:

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟493,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Your response here...

Absolutely! I believe that the key to understanding this is only found in the scriptures as one is led by Gods' Spirit. Thanks for sharing your thoughts here sis.

God bless :wave:
True and God’s Spirit will never lead you away from God’s Word. That we can put our faith in!

God bless!

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
True and God’s Spirit will never lead you away from God’s Word. That’s we can put our faith in.

God bless!
I think this is the key right here sis. Genuine faith is believing and following what God's Word says which is the fruit of faith as God leads us with His Spirit. God's promise to all those who believe and follow His Word is that he promises to be our guide and teacher in the new covenant (see John 16:13; John 7:17; John 14:26; Hebrews 8:11; 1 John 2:27). All we need to do is to pray and ask Jesus and turn away from the teachings and traditions of man that lead us to break the commandments of God that Jesus warns us about in Matthew 15:3-9 and seek Jesus for ourselves through his Word (see John 8:31-36).

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟928,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What does the moral law consist of to you?

Bible scholars in almost all Christian denominations on planet Earth are on record in affirming the TEN as being included in the moral law of God for all mankind both saints and the unsaved. This can be seen easily in C.H. Spurgeon's edition of "the Baptist Confession of Faith" Section 19 and also in "The Westminster Confession of Faith" section 19.

Lets take adultery. Does it only cover the actual act of adultery, or does it cover looking at a woman with lust in your eye?

Jesus said it includes the thoughts and intents of the heart in Matt 5. As I am sure we both know. But Jesus does not say "because of this - ignore that commandment".

In Matt 19 Jesus said this
Matt 19:17... if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.” 18 Then he *said to Him, “Which ones?”

Jesus lists the same ones that Paul also later gives in Rom 13 - and he says "keep" instead of "ignore the commandments". Jesus draws exclusively from the "Law of Moses" in Matt 19 just as Paul does in Rom 13.

I assume we both agree on this "easy part" of your topic.

Every sda member I have chatted to stresses Christ's commands are the same as the Ten

Might have something to do with what Christ actually said - and the fact that in Heb 8 Paul says Christ is the one speaking the TEN - at Sinai.

In regard to your thread, I would say there is great risk in telling people they cannot remain justified before God if they break the law,

In regard to this thread the task is

1. Take any given POV -- show its "risk" when it is found to be wrong.
2. Take its opposing POV -- show its "risk" when it is found to be wrong.

In other words doing the same thing as is expected at even a "minimum level" of the atheist in example 1 of the OP.

in your case above you "quote you" instead of an SDA Fundamental Belief for the idea that a person is lost each time they sin, so going through steps 1 and 2 above using your own "quote of you" would be nice but would be more helpful if you did it with an actual stated doctrine of the group you are naming in your claim about it.

Hint: no Adventist doctrine says a person is lost after accepting Christ - the moment they commit a sin.

For those that read the OP - this thread is not about "just one doctrine".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟928,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Boiling the thesis down to it's natural conclusion folks who don't keep the Saturday Sabbath are deliberately rebelling against the Law of God.

Why do you say that?

Consider "the Baptist Confession of Faith" section 19. They are not arguing a POV of "deliberately rebelling against the moral law of God" which they admit - "includes the TEN". Rather they claim the Ten are "written on the heart" and binding on all mankind both the saved and unsaved.

Consider "the Westminster Confession of Faith" section 19. They are not arguing a POV of "deliberately rebelling against the moral law of God" which they admit - "includes the TEN". Rather they claim the Ten are binding on all mankind both the saved and unsaved.

James 4:17 cannot be entirely dismissed

==============================

This thread deals with a wide variety of doctrines as we can see in the OP.

But still I see a lot of interest "in just one" so far.

Because that is the conclusion of the arguments put by SB...

Are you ok with the idea of taking a given doctrine and its opposite and then discussing the "risk" for each when each one of those two options is found to be wrong. In other words "comparing risk" as is being asked of the atheist in example 1 of the OP???

You can do that with the actual doctrines of the SDA denomination (publically available online) or you can do it with a statement by SB if that is what you would rather do. Or you can do it with a doctrinal statement from any group you wish -- as long as you are then going through the "risk" evaluation for whatever doctrine you pick "and its opposite" to show how they both fare in the scenario where they are deemed to be incorrect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0