West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
· We have faith in what we fear. If we fear for our finances, we are having faith in our finances, if we fear God, we have faith in God. We have faith in whatever things we fear

I am an investor, not very good at it. But it is my recreation if you could call it that. I love financial news and a recession is very close, I feel. I have created a plan to prepare for the recession financially speaking. But I have to go back through it and totally re do it all. See I went to church sunday and God revolutionized my entire way of seeing things. It really changed my perspective on how I see, perceive and react to lifes circumstances. It was a passage on abraham and sarah. There was a famine in the land and they didn't have food. They assumed God wanted them to go to egypt where all the food was. At this point they had hundreds if not thousands of servants and laborers in their fields etc. Thats a lot of mouths to feed. Genesis 12 btw. but God had already gave abraham a promise of provision. God never said to go to egypt. But He did and some issues happened. This spoke to my life in a variety of ways. Namely being concerned for the future. The coming recession etc. My technique is to use fear as a motivator to save and invest, to prepare for the future. But see, God does not need investments to provide for us. God never uses fear as a motivator. God never uses greed as a motivator. He uses faith and obedience to His will. The Bible says in isaiah 28:16 "He that believes does not make haste" or hurries. Jesus was never in a hurry. Fear does not accomplish God's will. As far a recession, or famine... He could simply provide a source of income that we know nothing about. So that we learn to trust Him. The Bible says that if the bird has food and a flower has clothing, better clothing actually that king solomon in all of His glory. How much more will God provide for us? Waiting on the Lord to provide strengthens our faith. And that way no man or woman would glory in their flesh. See if egypt provided for abraham, his needs and not God. Who would Abraham have aligned with, egypt. A pagan nation. Not God. yes they had provisions, yes they were blessed with plenty. But they are not our examples. God is. There was just so may implications, it really changed my perspective, and allowed me to breath and take a breath that everything will be ok in the coming few years. God won't forsake His followers.

I guess what I am saying is that prepping is fine, saving money is fine for emergencies, making yourself more off grid is a good investment, but ultimately who gives the increase is God. If you are fearful of the future, and fear is your motivator, then perhaps this message is also for you. If on the other hand, fear is not a motivator, and greed is your motivator, like it was for me. Then this message is also for you. Egypt owns the stock market, egypt owns wallstreet, and all the corporations and all the wealth. It is so completely natural to flee to where the provision is in times of famine. But God never commanded us to got that route. I even have provisions to insure against financial collapse by hedging with commodities like gold or bitcoin. But again to do such things out of fear or greed is vanity. We should be content with a roof over our head, and with food in the fridge, and gasoline in our tanks. We don't NEED the extra's. To live minimally, as in minimalism is a good discipline. But we should do that even if there is no recession coming. Christianity I believe reveals minimalism. But don't get me wrong, I don't agree with some minimalists that say pouring hot water over coffee grounds is somehow better and more minimal than owning a coffee pot, or that boiling water every five minutes or firing up an oven is more minimal than ten seconds in the microwave. you have to think practically and sort out all the bad stuff. I guess I was just posting this to say that fearing God and obeying His commandments is far greater than any sort of prepping we could ever do. See abraham instead of taking his life into his own hands and prepping in egypt, if he just stayed put and prayed for a miracle. God would have done something, and all his servants would have feared God from then on. Instead of coming back from egypt, nearly selling his wife into pharoah's her-rem and coming back with no wife out of egypt. I bet the servants were gossiping about how faithless abraham was in the midst of all of this. See abraham the Bible calls the "father of faith." See how do you know if you are trusting in egypt? If you have to lie, cheat or steel, if you have to spread rumors of dooms day destruction and of financial collapse, if you have to spread fears of things you cannot prove, then you are trusting in egypt. Will there be a recession soon? Probably, but at the same time, we are way more prepared than we were in 2008 for a similar crisis, the FED actually has a mechanism to stop out of control inflation, as in venezuela's crisis. They have contractionary models and such. Our credit risk as a nation is relatively stable at this point, I think we can handle another recession. However it is possible the FED could normalize interest rates and the balance sheet. That would be the best scenario. I don't think they will. But who am I? If God can provide in UR of the chaldeas for abraham, God can provide for americans without the aide of egypt. If the flower is clothed with greater glory than the richest guy in all of history (solomon), then how much more will God provide for those who fear Him. Fear God and keep His commands. The destroyer will pass over your house in a calamity. You have the passover lamb in your heart, the destroyer will pass over your house. You will not be destroyed. Have faith in God. Don't fear the future, fear God. Not as in being scared, but as in realizing that God himself could squash us like a worm, regardless of how well we are bunkered down, regardless of how off grid our home is, regardless of how well we dehydrated our food storage, and could dry out our crop regardless of how well we planned our prepper garden. The advertisers sell things on two emotions, fear and greed. It just happens that wall street operates on those exact same two emotions. As I was studying the finances of a recession, God slowly showed me that there is no amount of preparation that will make one safe. God never called us to egypt. Stay put, don't go to wall street. Can you have money and be Christian, YES! but realize that God wants your heart. Remember to bless those less fortunate. That is the finance of God. God can care less what is in your 401k, what God cares about is how you love others with what you have. Not how well your prepper garden is organized. See the difference. One christian is hoarding, and the other is giving away. I know this goes against most of what we are taught. And Christianity is the narrow way. God would want us to bless others even though we don't have enough to make it, trust in Him to supernaturally provide rather than save for a dooms day that may not happen for ten years, or thirty years, or fifty years, or not at all in our life time. In acts when the christian church was born, they had "all things in common." They did not have individual realestate or possessions. They didn't hoard. If a neighbor didn't have, they gave freely. This unity was the skeletal structure for the apostolic churches set up, the churches that would eventually bring Christianity to the world. I see some churches following this mentality, but the prepper mentality is a lot different. It's not only, "don't share." But it's hoard everything you have even if you have enough. And the christian church has never been that way in the past. It's shameful really. I am actually embarrassed by the document that I wrote preparing for recession, mentions saving six months of wages. But what about that niece or nephew that didn't save, so your going to save you money, not help them out, cause God wan'ts you to prep? It's sad. God will provide in the home land that He promised you, the ur of the chaldeas. don't flee to egypt. Don't live in fear, live in faith. I have lost about five thousand in stock trades in the last five years. That is why I mentioned that I had a hobby but I was by no means proficient at stock trading. I would gain thousands of percent in a matter of six months, then have five weeks of down days, consuming 90 percent of gains. 95 percent of investors lose money at investing. In fact the only sure way to invest is to put money in regularly into an index fund and keep it there (like a retirement). Don't day trade, swing trade, or buy on the dips. Don't try to time it. Just pray over it. Ask God what He would have you do. See God can literally provide out of nothing. One way I find the will of God is I will look at the clock, if the second is an odd number, then it's a yes, if it's an even number then it's a no. You can double or triple your prayers as well, in important things. God picked a home for us this way, and a city. There were literally thirty cities to live in, God chose the city with the safest crime in all the county. He also chose the cheapest house in the valley for the square footage and bedroom count. I did all this with the above tactic. But realize that if you hide sin in your heart, this tactic can sabatoge you. In one place in the Bible when the Israelites prayed over the urrim and thumin, and God told them to go to war. They lost miserably and were slaughtered. They came back and asked the priest, why did God allow us to be defeated? It was because of the sin of achan, he had stolen a gold idol from the camp of the defeated enemy. God did not want them to steal, and that one sin cost thousands of lives. so too, if you hide sin in your heart this tactic won't work. I have made life decisions this way, only to walk away humbled and defeated, because I was living in sin with my girlfriend at the time. But all this is just to show that God does need you to be successful, He will be successful for you, just obey. He does not even need a stock market at all, that's all egypt. Last month after realizing I had nothing to say for my five years of reading books on investing and learning how to provide for myself trading stocks, I was depressed. I realized that I would NEVER, EVER, EVER make it trading stocks. Then God just then provided a buyer for our house, out of nowhere. She offered to pay roughly 170% of the cost of our house, you heard that right, nearly double value. She had grown up there and really wanted to buy our house, but realizing it was a run down, nearly five bedroom home. She would have to pay enough not only to make a profit but for us to buy another similar sized home, at the high market value. And that was why she paid double. See I could have went to egypt all day, I could have sold 3 dollar options all day, and made maybe a few hundred buck here, and maybe a thousand there. But no way would have had 1200 percent return on my investment like God provided in that one single transaction. no amount of prepping would have made that happen. IF anything I would be further in debt. Realize that I was working full time and we had nearly gone through foreclosure last year, we had bankruptcy five years ago and two credit cards in collections, we literally could not buy a home if we wanted at this point. So God lifted his finger and provided. Not hard for God. We stayed in the Ur of the chaldeas, we didn't go to egypt, and God provided in a non stock market way for me. That is extremely humbling to say the least. But if I provided by being a proficient Egyptologist, a professional stock trader. Then I would be proud. I would rely on my egypt training. Now for you, you may be different. You may be able to get a degree in finance or some other degree, and make a good living and realize that it's all God. I couldn't I could not glorify God. I have a pride issue. I literally have a document of mistakes I made, and I have to read it at least once a week. It's probably ten pages by now. It's my humility document. The Bible says to glory in your weakness that God may be strong. If you glory in your ability, then the reverse is true, God wont' be strong on your behalf. God will let you do it. And probably throw a wrench into your cogs, to humble you. Anyway I don't want to discourage away from wise preparing for the future. Being wise is one thing. But being selfish and greedy or fearful is another thing. And there is a fine line between all of that.

Last edited:

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Financially speaking God's word is pretty broad.

I am a cautious investor...no risk whatsoever. Federally insured savings only. It's the 'turtle' way of saving but I'll get there.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I am a cautious investor...no risk whatsoever. Federally insured savings only. It's the 'turtle' way of saving but I'll get there.
Something called dollar cost averaging, basically just putting regular deposits into a known safe fund. In turbulent times I like a fund called SPLV. It's a lower volitility fund of the sp500 index. In 2008 instead of losing 40% it lost half that. Gone strait up from there. Bond yields have inverted. Bonds may not make money accept risky high yield bonds. But bonds will be stable in a recession.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What happened to many, including the man who built a new silo (savings account) to hold his wealth (grain) ?

I can leave it all behind. It belongs to God anyway. He's just letting me use it. :bow:

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am an investor, not very good at it. But it is my recreation if you could call it that. I love financial news and a recession is very close, I feel. I have created a plan to prepare for the recession financially speaking. But I have to go back through it and totally re do it all. See I went to church sunday and God revolutionized my entire way of seeing things. It really changed my perspective on how I see, perceive and react to lifes circumstances. It was a passage on abraham and sarah. There was a famine in the land and they didn't have food. They assumed God wanted them to go to egypt where all the food was. At this point they had hundreds if not thousands of servants and laborers in their fields etc. Thats a lot of mouths to feed. Genesis 12 btw. but God had already gave abraham a promise of provision. God never said to go to egypt. But He did and some issues happened. This spoke to my life in a variety of ways. Namely being concerned for the future. The coming recession etc. My technique is to use fear as a motivator to save and invest, to prepare for the future. But see, God does not need investments to provide for us. God never uses fear as a motivator. God never uses greed as a motivator. He uses faith and obedience to His will. The Bible says in isaiah 28:16 "He that believes does not make haste" or hurries. Jesus was never in a hurry. Fear does not accomplish God's will. As far a recession, or famine... He could simply provide a source of income that we know nothing about. So that we learn to trust Him. The Bible says that if the bird has food and a flower has clothing, better clothing actually that king solomon in all of His glory. How much more will God provide for us? Waiting on the Lord to provide strengthens our faith. And that way no man or woman would glory in their flesh. See if egypt provided for abraham, his needs and not God. Who would Abraham have aligned with, egypt. A pagan nation. Not God. yes they had provisions, yes they were blessed with plenty. But they are not our examples. God is. There was just so may implications, it really changed my perspective, and allowed me to breath and take a breath that everything will be ok in the coming few years. God won't forsake His followers.

I guess what I am saying is that prepping is fine, saving money is fine for emergencies, making yourself more off grid is a good investment, but ultimately who gives the increase is God. If you are fearful of the future, and fear is your motivator, then perhaps this message is also for you. If on the other hand, fear is not a motivator, and greed is your motivator, like it was for me. Then this message is also for you. Egypt owns the stock market, egypt owns wallstreet, and all the corporations and all the wealth. It is so completely natural to flee to where the provision is in times of famine. But God never commanded us to got that route. I even have provisions to insure against financial collapse by hedging with commodities like gold or bitcoin. But again to do such things out of fear or greed is vanity. We should be content with a roof over our head, and with food in the fridge, and gasoline in our tanks. We don't NEED the extra's. To live minimally, as in minimalism is a good discipline. But we should do that even if there is no recession coming. Christianity I believe reveals minimalism. But don't get me wrong, I don't agree with some minimalists that say pouring hot water over coffee grounds is somehow better and more minimal than owning a coffee pot, or that boiling water every five minutes or firing up an oven is more minimal than ten seconds in the microwave. you have to think practically and sort out all the bad stuff. I guess I was just posting this to say that fearing God and obeying His commandments is far greater than any sort of prepping we could ever do. See abraham instead of taking his life into his own hands and prepping in egypt, if he just stayed put and prayed for a miracle. God would have done something, and all his servants would have feared God from then on. Instead of coming back from egypt, nearly selling his wife into pharoah's her-rem and coming back with no wife out of egypt. I bet the servants were gossiping about how faithless abraham was in the midst of all of this. See abraham the Bible calls the "father of faith." See how do you know if you are trusting in egypt? If you have to lie, cheat or steel, if you have to spread rumors of dooms day destruction and of financial collapse, if you have to spread fears of things you cannot prove, then you are trusting in egypt. Will there be a recession soon? Probably, but at the same time, we are way more prepared than we were in 2008 for a similar crisis, the FED actually has a mechanism to stop out of control inflation, as in venezuela's crisis. They have contractionary models and such. Our credit risk as a nation is relatively stable at this point, I think we can handle another recession. However it is possible the FED could normalize interest rates and the balance sheet. That would be the best scenario. I don't think they will. But who am I? If God can provide in UR of the chaldeas for abraham, God can provide for americans without the aide of egypt. If the flower is clothed with greater glory than the richest guy in all of history (solomon), then how much more will God provide for those who fear Him. Fear God and keep His commands. The destroyer will pass over your house in a calamity. You have the passover lamb in your heart, the destroyer will pass over your house. You will not be destroyed. Have faith in God. Don't fear the future, fear God. Not as in being scared, but as in realizing that God himself could squash us like a worm, regardless of how well we are bunkered down, regardless of how off grid our home is, regardless of how well we dehydrated our food storage, and could dry out our crop regardless of how well we planned our prepper garden. The advertisers sell things on two emotions, fear and greed. It just happens that wall street operates on those exact same two emotions. As I was studying the finances of a recession, God slowly showed me that there is no amount of preparation that will make one safe. God never called us to egypt. Stay put, don't go to wall street. Can you have money and be Christian, YES! but realize that God wants your heart. Remember to bless those less fortunate. That is the finance of God. God can care less what is in your 401k, what God cares about is how you love others with what you have. Not how well your prepper garden is organized. See the difference. One christian is hoarding, and the other is giving away. I know this goes against most of what we are taught. And Christianity is the narrow way. God would want us to bless others even though we don't have enough to make it, trust in Him to supernaturally provide rather than save for a dooms day that may not happen for ten years, or thirty years, or fifty years, or not at all in our life time. In acts when the christian church was born, they had "all things in common." They did not have individual realestate or possessions. They didn't hoard. If a neighbor didn't have, they gave freely. This unity was the skeletal structure for the apostolic churches set up, the churches that would eventually bring Christianity to the world. I see some churches following this mentality, but the prepper mentality is a lot different. It's not only, "don't share." But it's hoard everything you have even if you have enough. And the christian church has never been that way in the past. It's shameful really. I am actually embarrassed by the document that I wrote preparing for recession, mentions saving six months of wages. But what about that niece or nephew that didn't save, so your going to save you money, not help them out, cause God wan'ts you to prep? It's sad. God will provide in the home land that He promised you, the ur of the chaldeas. don't flee to egypt. Don't live in fear, live in faith. I have lost about five thousand in stock trades in the last five years. That is why I mentioned that I had a hobby but I was by no means proficient at stock trading. I would gain thousands of percent in a matter of six months, then have five weeks of down days, consuming 90 percent of gains. 95 percent of investors lose money at investing. In fact the only sure way to invest is to put money in regularly into an index fund and keep it there (like a retirement). Don't day trade, swing trade, or buy on the dips. Don't try to time it. Just pray over it. Ask God what He would have you do. I just prayed over a trad this week, and I was up 60% over the weekend.. Now this is an option trade that is risky, so i literally only had a few bucks in it. But I was testing the waters with praying over trades, and a 3 cent option is now worth 5 cents. I presume in the next few weeks at this rate, a 3 dollar trade could be a few hundred bucks. See God can literally provide out of nothing. One way I find the will of God is I will look at the clock, if the second is an odd number, then it's a yes, if it's an even number then it's a no. You can double or triple your prayers as well, in important things. God picked a home for us this way, and a city. There were literally thirty cities to live in, God chose the city with the safest crime in all the county. He also chose the cheapest house in the valley for the square footage and bedroom count. I did all this with the above tactic. But realize that if you hide sin in your heart, this tactic can sabatoge you. In one place in the Bible when the Israelites prayed over the urrim and thumin, and God told them to go to war. They lost miserably and were slaughtered. They came back and asked the priest, why did God allow us to be defeated? It was because of the sin of achan, he had stolen a gold idol from the camp of the defeated enemy. God did not want them to steal, and that one sin cost thousands of lives. so too, if you hide sin in your heart this tactic won't work. I have made life decisions this way, only to walk away humbled and defeated, because I was living in sin with my girlfriend at the time. But all this is just to show that God does need you to be successful, He will be successful for you, just obey. He does not even need a stock market at all, that's all egypt. Last month after realizing I had nothing to say for my five years of reading books on investing and learning how to provide for myself trading stocks, I was depressed. I realized that I would NEVER, EVER, EVER make it trading stocks. Then God just then provided a buyer for our house, out of nowhere. She offered to pay roughly 170% of the cost of our house, you heard that right, nearly double value. She had grown up there and really wanted to buy our house, but realizing it was a run down, nearly five bedroom home. She would have to pay enough not only to make a profit but for us to buy another similar sized home, at the high market value. And that was why she paid double. See I could have went to egypt all day, I could have sold 3 dollar options all day, and made maybe a few hundred buck here, and maybe a thousand there. But no way would have had 1200 percent return on my investment like God provided in that one single transaction. no amount of prepping would have made that happen. IF anything I would be further in debt. Realize that I was working full time and we had nearly gone through foreclosure last year, we had bankruptcy five years ago and two credit cards in collections, we literally could not buy a home if we wanted at this point. So God lifted his finger and provided. Not hard for God. We stayed in the Ur of the chaldeas, we didn't go to egypt, and God provided in a non stock market way for me. That is extremely humbling to say the least. But if I provided by being a proficient Egyptologist, a professional stock trader. Then I would be proud. I would rely on my egypt training. Now for you, you may be different. You may be able to get a degree in finance or some other degree, and make a good living and realize that it's all God. I couldn't I could not glorify God. I have a pride issue. I literally have a document of mistakes I made, and I have to read it at least once a week. It's probably ten pages by now. It's my humility document. The Bible says to glory in your weakness that God may be strong. If you glory in your ability, then the reverse is true, God wont' be strong on your behalf. God will let you do it. And probably throw a wrench into your cogs, to humble you. Anyway I don't want to discourage away from wise preparing for the future. Being wise is one thing. But being selfish and greedy or fearful is another thing. And there is a fine line between all of that.
Seek first the kingdom of heaven. Rid yourself of hatred, malice, anger, destructive impulses, lewdness, inappropriate content and lies.

It may seem like God puts up obstacles to your success, but too often a person fails for not investing time wisely.

Many times I thought a recession is coming and it did not come. The Fed provided more liquidity. Recessions were more common in previous decades. I am sure Ponzi schemes will collapse. I know not when.

I was an unsuccessful gardener. The Florida sandy soil is full of nematodes. One needs an irrigation well as county water is expensive. Back yard citrus trees that were the pride of many homeowners have been decimated by citrus greening disease. I planted a deciduous fruit tree and a mouse or rabbit stripped its bark. It was like the Book of Job. I could not make it as a gardener. My first investment was in a mining company making fraudulent statements. The stock promoter recommending went to jail for fraud in a different case. I was wiped out. After 25 more yrs of business studies, I have some income producing securities. I thanked God, for God did not cause my downfall. God argued for my rehabilitation.

About 40% of my investible assets are in an S&P 500 fund. It beats over 50% of actively managed funds. I have some dividend stocks, foreign stocks and growth stocks. I have some long term investment grade bonds paying about 5% that were purchased when interest rates were higher.

My home does not count towards my investable net worth even though it is paid for. If I do not move often, owning my own home makes sense. A home that once cost about $30,000 c. 1970 is worth about $300,000 decades later. There are rent vs buy calculators that help people decide whether it is cheaper to buy or rent in certain areas. In 2009 people learned housing prices do not always go up. The stock market went up and down. Look at a 50 yr chart of the S&P 500 for what a long term investor might achieve.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What happened to many, including the man who built a new silo (savings account) to hold his wealth (grain) ?

He was there because his brothers sold him into slavery. Gods perfect will would have went different. God could have blessed them in the land of canaan too. My point is that hording selfishly is not the gospel. The New testamemt Says IF Someone Asks For A Coat To Give Him A Cloak As well. And if a man asks you to go a mile to go with him 2 miles. That is slightly different than running to a store buying all their beans, shutting yourself up like a hermit. And not sharing.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Seek first the kingdom of heaven. Rid yourself of hatred, malice, anger, destructive impulses, lewdness, inappropriate content and lies.

It may seem like God puts up obstacles to your success, but too often a person fails for not investing time wisely.

Many times I thought a recession is coming and it did not come. The Fed provided more liquidity. Recessions were more common in previous decades. I am sure Ponzi schemes will collapse. I know not when.

I was an unsuccessful gardener. The Florida sandy soil is full of nematodes. One needs an irrigation well as county water is expensive. Back yard citrus trees that were the pride of many homeowners have been decimated by citrus greening disease. I planted a deciduous fruit tree and a mouse or rabbit stripped its bark. It was like the Book of Job. I could not make it as a gardener. My first investment was in a mining company making fraudulent statements. The stock promoter recommending went to jail for fraud in a different case. I was wiped out. After 25 more yrs of business studies, I have some income producing securities. I thanked God, for God did not cause my downfall. God argued for my rehabilitation.

About 40% of my investible assets are in an S&P 500 fund. It beats over 50% of actively managed funds. I have some dividend stocks, foreign stocks and growth stocks. I have some long term investment grade bonds paying about 5% that were purchased when interest rates were higher.

My home does not count towards my investable net worth even though it is paid for. If I do not move often, owning my own home makes sense. A home that once cost about $30,000 c. 1970 is worth about $300,000 decades later. There are rent vs buy calculators that help people decide whether it is cheaper to buy or rent in certain areas. In 2009 people learned housing prices do not always go up. The stock market went up and down. Look at a 50 yr chart of the S&P 500 for what a long term investor might achieve.
You seem to have a good financial sense to you. I was good at trading, all you had to do was ask me, and I would tell you. I could out trade anyone for a month. But in long haul I would lose it all. Right now SPLV would be what I would invest in, until the next recession, which I think will be within a year but no one knows. If the FED can normalize we will be good for another ten years. But many funds are simply over weight even though the FED normalizes. They can't perpetually make all time highs for another ten years. Derivitive bets are at an all time high. Junk bonds are being used at an ever increasing rate. Corporate debt at an all time high. There is just alot of risk out there. But having said that, God can turn it all around if He chooses. My plan is to watch volitility. It will spike after a mare sellout and lose half its gains relatively quickly after the threat normalizes. At that point will everything oversold you could go with a 3x leveraged fund like UPRO. If volitility returns and the FED tries to normalize again, just move over to SPLV. Which is like a .5X volitility. With the SP500 at a 1X volitility. At market bottom I would also place a 1 year out SPY call. .7 delta or higher. Selling every few months and buying another a year out. Until of course volitility returns then you would have to add delta, maybe to a .9 or greater. That is my plan. But again I firmly believe God can use any way of providing for us. From my personal experience I don't know if God has a future for me in the markets or if He just wants me to put equity in my home or do some side business. I have to keep all avenues open. My problem again is pride and I have been proud of my performance in the past and God has humbled me so much that now I sort of doubt He will ever use me again. But I cannot say one way or the other. There is much to be said in simply budgeting and reducing overhead. Paying off debt like a mortgage early and then with free cash invest at that point. Paying cash for all car purchases. Paying off credit cards weekly and never holding a balance. Financial freedom does not necessarily entail the markets at all but hard work and discipline. For us, our breakthrough was not from stocks all all. It was from a person knocking on our door and asking to buy home. Another downfall of peppers or investors is greed. I certainly fall for it. When an investment goes well you get pride and then greed starts taking over. It's the wisdom of egypt. God can really turn any safe investment into a risk. I have seen it personally. I was doing so well people were paying me for investment advice, then with the money I would trade and lose it. It was a sad situation. God was humbling me. So I don't know if I am mature enough to handle any sort of wealth and it may in fact become am snare to me. So every step along my path I resort to pray. Of God says yes. Then that is His call. If we lose money, after He said yes, then we have too much resources and need to minimize our assets. If we win then God is increasing. But with this way of doing it, you have to be willing to lose. So far in have lost 93% of all my funds doing this method. But I don't desire to do it without God, so if he wants me to lose in order to learn something valuable well then that is ok too. Wisdom is better than rubies the Bible says.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I guess if you know your limitations and allow them to keep you humble regardless of your performance then there is hope. But I tend to think simply because of my thorn in the flesh being pride, that Perhaps we will never be financially stable. And I am ok with that. I would rather have weakness with humility than a strength with pride. My walk with the Lord is more important than if we pay our bills or not. If we lose the house, then there are other opportunities, if I get fired then there are other jobs, if I get a terminal illness then I start an online business.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Is that like a CD?

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If God wanted me rich I would have been rich years ago. I would just like food, shelter, and a healthy family. I would however like to fund my children's college fund, that would be nice. However there are grants and financial aide. But I have investments right now that if God wanted it I could retire. But God typically gives riches to those who have degrees or are mentally prepared for that responsibilty. I have prayed for wealth for a long time God never answered it. Then I realized that I was just lazy. I wanted easy wealth so I didn't have to work. I realized that was selfish of me. God gives wealth to those who work for it. Solomon was given wealth but mainly because He was intelligent enough not to seek it but wisdom. God gave both. But because I am childish at heart and don't have a good work ethic. Riches will never be mine and I am ok with that. God can do whatever He wishes but I am fairly sure riches are not going to happen for me. I had a thousand dollars once, I bought a put option out of the money. Lost 98% in about 6 hours. My wife won't even allow me to use money from our bank to trade. I always have hope that it will work. But it's like a casino for me, you go to have fun. Just don't trade with more than you can lose. So it is a recreation but it won't ever. Ever , ever be anything else. My pride won't allow it. So it's important to come to terms with your own limitations. The Bible has allow verse for this, I want to share it....it basically says the sKY is not the limit for us. We can't do everything we put our mind to. Some things are too lofty of a goal for us. Just be happy having your health and a job. Here is.the verse:

Lord , my heart is not haughty, Nor my eyes lofty. Neither do I concern myself with great matters, Nor with things too profound for me.
Psalms 131:1 NKJV
Psalms 131:1 LORD, my heart is not haughty, Nor my eyes lofty. Neither do I concern myself with great matters, Nor with things too profound for me. | New King James Version (NKJV) | Download The Bible App Now

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The New testamemt Says IF Someone Asks For A Coat To Give Him A Cloak As well. And if a man asks you to go a mile to go with him 2 miles.

Not exactly what the scripture said.

Matthew 5:40-42 King James Version (KJV)

40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.

41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If God wanted me rich I would have been rich years ago. I would just like food, shelter, and a healthy family. I would however like to fund my children's college fund, that would be nice. However there are grants and financial aide. But I have investments right now that if God wanted it I could retire. But God typically gives riches to those who have degrees or are mentally prepared for that responsibilty. I have prayed for wealth for a long time God never answered it. Then I realized that I was just lazy. I wanted easy wealth so I didn't have to work. I realized that was selfish of me. God gives wealth to those who work for it. Solomon was given wealth but mainly because He was intelligent enough not to seek it but wisdom. God gave both. But because I am childish at heart and don't have a good work ethic. Riches will never be mine and I am ok with that. God can do whatever He wishes but I am fairly sure riches are not going to happen for me. I had a thousand dollars once, I bought a put option out of the money. Lost 98% in about 6 hours. My wife won't even allow me to use money from our bank to trade. I always have hope that it will work. But it's like a casino for me, you go to have fun. Just don't trade with more than you can lose. So it is a recreation but it won't ever. Ever , ever be anything else. My pride won't allow it. So it's important to come to terms with your own limitations. The Bible has allow verse for this, I want to share it....it basically says the sKY is not the limit for us. We can't do everything we put our mind to. Some things are too lofty of a goal for us. Just be happy having your health and a job. Here is.the verse:

Lord , my heart is not haughty, Nor my eyes lofty. Neither do I concern myself with great matters, Nor with things too profound for me.
Psalms 131:1 NKJV
Psalms 131:1 LORD, my heart is not haughty, Nor my eyes lofty. Neither do I concern myself with great matters, Nor with things too profound for me. | New King James Version (NKJV) | Download The Bible App Now

I appreciate your honesty.

Most are not willing to put in the work needed for financial success. I love work of all kinds so it has been 'easy' (lol) to accumulate quite a stash. Of course my kids will get most of it, or what's left after I'm done playing with it.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You seem to have a good financial sense to you. I was good at trading, all you had to do was ask me, and I would tell you. I could out trade anyone for a month. But in long haul I would lose it all. Right now SPLV would be what I would invest in, until the next recession, which I think will be within a year but no one knows. If the FED can normalize we will be good for another ten years. But many funds are simply over weight even though the FED normalizes. They can't perpetually make all time highs for another ten years. Derivitive bets are at an all time high. Junk bonds are being used at an ever increasing rate. Corporate debt at an all time high. There is just alot of risk out there. But having said that, God can turn it all around if He chooses. My plan is to watch volitility. It will spike after a mare sellout and lose half its gains relatively quickly after the threat normalizes. At that point will everything oversold you could go with a 3x leveraged fund like UPRO. If volitility returns and the FED tries to normalize again, just move over to SPLV. Which is like a .5X volitility. With the SP500 at a 1X volitility. At market bottom I would also place a 1 year out SPY call. .7 delta or higher. Selling every few months and buying another a year out. Until of course volitility returns then you would have to add delta, maybe to a .9 or greater. That is my plan. But again I firmly believe God can use any way of providing for us. From my personal experience I don't know if God has a future for me in the markets or if He just wants me to put equity in my home or do some side business. I have to keep all avenues open. My problem again is pride and I have been proud of my performance in the past and God has humbled me so much that now I sort of doubt He will ever use me again. But I cannot say one way or the other. There is much to be said in simply budgeting and reducing overhead. Paying off debt like a mortgage early and then with free cash invest at that point. Paying cash for all car purchases. Paying off credit cards weekly and never holding a balance. Financial freedom does not necessarily entail the markets at all but hard work and discipline. For us, our breakthrough was not from stocks all all. It was from a person knocking on our door and asking to buy home. Another downfall of peppers or investors is greed. I certainly fall for it. When an investment goes well you get pride and then greed starts taking over. It's the wisdom of egypt. God can really turn any safe investment into a risk. I have seen it personally. I was doing so well people were paying me for investment advice, then with the money I would trade and lose it. It was a sad situation. God was humbling me. So I don't know if I am mature enough to handle any sort of wealth and it may in fact become am snare to me. So every step along my path I resort to pray. Of God says yes. Then that is His call. If we lose money, after He said yes, then we have too much resources and need to minimize our assets. If we win then God is increasing. But with this way of doing it, you have to be willing to lose. So far in have lost 93% of all my funds doing this method. But I don't desire to do it without God, so if he wants me to lose in order to learn something valuable well then that is ok too. Wisdom is better than rubies the Bible says.
I have a 60/40 portfolio. I know a downturn might happen. It scares me. I might be proud of my stocks, then they might sell off. The Japanese stock market peaked in 1990 and has not regained its 1990 high since then, although they paid dividends nearly 30 yrs.

On the other hand, there was 400% inflation in Venezuela. Their stock market went up 400% too.

When you day trade, you have to pay the market maker’s spread. It is like a casino. It might be better to buy CD’s than day trade. If your trading is that bad, find some other way to spend your money. Opening a soup kitchen for the poor might be a better waste of money.

If you sell your house and have to pay RV park rent, remember they will want to raise the rent every chance they get. Better a double wide mobile home than a San Francisco condo with taxes, insurance and HOA fees. People were complaining about $10,000 a year property taxes in high tax areas.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am reminded of a prodigal son who wasted his money on prostitutes. He lost his inheritance and could not get it back. He was not rich, but poverty put an end to his fornications,

If I spent all to help the poor and have to beg for food as a result, what did I accomplish?

It was Judas who complained about the woman who poured perfume on Jesus’ feet. He said the perfume should have been sold and the money given to the poor. Judas was helping himself to the money for the poor as he was a treasurer. He was so greedy he sold Jesus to the executioner for 30 pieces of silver.

Charity workers got paid better than some poor widows who donated their money to charities for the poor. Some charity directors were trying to look good in big houses, fine suits of clothes, and driving recent model cars. Some charity workers were not as concerned about the poor.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not exactly what the scripture said.

Matthew 5:40-42 King James Version (KJV)

40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.

41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
If you have serious objections to those scriptures about being unselfish, I can easily quote a hundred more. Is that really the battle you are choosing?

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I appreciate your honesty.

Most are not willing to put in the work needed for financial success. I love work of all kinds so it has been 'easy' (lol) to accumulate quite a stash. Of course my kids will get most of it, or what's left after I'm done playing with it.
Yes thats good for you. But me being in your exact same situation would not necessarily be good for me. The only reason why you are successful is that God has made you so. My pride had cursed my investments, there is literally no hedge against God's curse. I have some good ideas that if others wanted to use they could make a lot of money, but me myself. It does not work that way. You have to be humble enough to realize God is doing it. And because of my short term memory lapses, I simply forget the God part and cling to how awesome I am. Which is dumb. That is why I have literally a whole document that I have to read regularly that shows me my short comings, But if you can make it work for you that is awesome. But saying to someone that God wants you to be financially free. Well that is not necessarily accurate. I know that goes against what you believe and against your business, but I am talking about the Bible. The Bible itself says to get out of debt. All kinds of debt. It never commands us to be rich however. You can be debt free and still living paycheck to paycheck. It's more a discipline thing than it is a money thing.

Upvote 0