Theistic Evolutionary Theory, could our Creator have evolved/learned?

Are you open to idea of the Creator learning, experimenting and in a way evolving?

• We humans can learn and we are made in the image of God so....

• God absolutely knew everything from eternity in the past and had zero need to learn.!

• This is a new idea to me but is an improvement over extreme skepticism and atheism!

• It is worthwhile to consider this theory if it can result in our kids being taught ID.

• This idea is profoundly offensive to me! This is a blasphemy!

• This would seem to fit with String Theory, The Anthropic Principle and Cyclic Model of the Universe.

Results are only viewable after voting.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The idea of time not being limited to being linear is intriguing and fits with this topic!

dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...scientist.html

Quantum physics proves that there IS an afterlife, claims scientist
Robert Lanza claims the theory of biocentrism says death is an illusion
He said life creates the universe, and not the other way round
This means space and time don't exist in the linear fashion we think it does
He uses the famous double-split experiment to illustrate his point
And if space and time aren't linear, then death can't exist in 'any real sense' either

Upvote 0

leaniemeanie

Leanie
Apr 11, 2014
ontario-canada/
✟15,215.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
After reading my earlier post I'd like to add a thought or two.

Catholics believe that God is static and unchanging however I've always been at a loss to explain the Parable of the Big Dinner (a rich man invites friends to a dinner but no one comes so he scours the countryside for others, etc.) Before I converted it always seemed this indicated a change of heart on the part of God. In Catholicism it seems to represent deception.

So there you have it. As a Catholic I believe in a static God but it's not an explanation I readily understand.

This parable is supposed to represent the call to salvation, I cannot come I have married a wife I have bought me a cow i have fields and commitments that cost a pretty price pray Lord excuse I cannot come. A certain man held a feast on his fine estate in town.
He laid a festive table and wore a wedding gown.
He sent invitations to his neighbors far and wide
but when the meal was ready, each of them replied:

The master rose up in anger, called his servant by name,
said: "Go into the town, fetch the blind and the lame,
fetch the peasant and the pauper, for this I have willed,
my banquet seem so crowded, and my table must be filled.
When all the poor had assembled, there was still room to spare,
so the master demanded: "Go search every where,
to the highways and the byways and force them to come in.
My table must be filled before the banquet can begin.

Now God has written a lesson for the rest of the mankind;
If we're slow a responding, he may leave us behind.
He's preparing a banquet for that great and glorious day
when the Lord and Master calls us, be certain not to say: I cannot come!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This parable is supposed to represent the call to salvation, I cannot come I have married a wife I have bought me a cow i have fields and commitments that cost a pretty price pray Lord excuse I cannot come. A certain man held a feast on his fine estate in town.
He laid a festive table and wore a wedding gown.
He sent invitations to his neighbors far and wide
but when the meal was ready, each of them replied:

The master rose up in anger, called his servant by name,
said: "Go into the town, fetch the blind and the lame,
fetch the peasant and the pauper, for this I have willed,
my banquet seem so crowded, and my table must be filled.
When all the poor had assembled, there was still room to spare,
so the master demanded: "Go search every where,
to the highways and the byways and force them to come in.
My table must be filled before the banquet can begin.

Now God has written a lesson for the rest of the mankind;
If we're slow a responding, he may leave us behind.
He's preparing a banquet for that great and glorious day
when the Lord and Master calls us, be certain not to say: I cannot come!

I wonder if this parable could also partly be referring to how we Christians use our time and talents to reach out to others?

http://www.christianforums.com/t7674313/

The story of homeless man Angelo by Rick Joyner!
I just asked somebody if they had ever read this so I guess this is a good place to begin that writing as a separate thread.....I think I might just post a poll along with this one just for the fun of it????

Who pleases Jesus the most?

Extract from The Final Quest by Rick Joyner

He then stopped and I turned to look at those in the thrones next to us. We were still in the place where the very highest kings were sitting. Then I recogniozed a man who was close by.

"Sir, I know you from somewhere, but I just cannot remember where."

"You once saw me in a vision," he replied.

I immediately remembered, and I was shocked! "So you were a real person?"

"Yes," he replied.

I then began to remember the day when as a young Christian I had become frustrated with some issues in my life. I went out into the middle of a battlefield park near my apartment and determined to wait until the Lord spoke to me. As I sat reading my Bible, I was caught up in a vision, one of the first that I ever had.

In the vision I saw a man who was zealously serving the Lord. He was continually witnessing to people, teaching and visiting the sick to pray for them. He was very zealous for the Lord, and had a genuine love for people. Then I saw another man who was obviously a tramp or a homeless man. A small kitten wandered into his path and he started to kick it, but restrained himself, but still shoved it rather harshly out of the way with his foot. Then the Lord asked me which of these men pleased Him the most.

"The first," I said without hesitating.

"No, the second," He responded, and began to tell me their stories…….(Rick Joyner)

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Is it hard to conceive that the Almighty Creator designed evolution as a means to unfold His creation? Why do they have to be separate from one another?

I myself have concluded that God learned and got better and better and better at creating living and non living matter.

I believe that a literal Adam and Eve were created around six thousand years or so ago!

The near death experience of Dr. Richard Eby speaks of the rebellion of Lucifer that destroyed all life on earth. This NDE partly verifies the Gap Theory!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
After reading my earlier post I'd like to add a thought or two.

Catholics believe that God is static and unchanging however I've always been at a loss to explain the Parable of the Big Dinner (a rich man invites friends to a dinner but no one comes so he scours the countryside for others, etc.) Before I converted it always seemed this indicated a change of heart on the part of God. In Catholicism it seems to represent deception.

So there you have it. As a Catholic I believe in a static God but it's not an explanation I readily understand.

Perhaps in one way……. God is producing a reality film….. and the rejection of His offers by groups of people who one would think would tend to accept His offers……. fits into the film concept perfectly?

Then the acceptance of His offer by groups of people who one would tend to think…. would not accept God's offer…. also fits in perfectly.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Is it hard to conceive that the Almighty Creator designed evolution as a means to unfold His creation? Why do they have to be separate from one another?

Perhaps the sun itself is symbolic of fundamental energy waves and their general behaviour patterns (divine feminine) whereas rays of light from the sun are symbolic of Super String behaviour… (the divine masculine)?!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You make the point so eloquently with your words but deny the reality of messiahs that were born prior to the bible. In cultures through-out human history. These messiahs were all worshipped as gods. Ancient Egypt had them before the bible and koran. Now looking at the egyptians the god kings were believed to control the sun etc. Analysis of other messiahs see this carried through and seems a constant throughout written accounts. These I will elaborate on if you wish.
Another consistant trait is the relationship of blood in the religions and the reference to power of life and death. Combining these two implies that the blood of a messiah control life and death of humanity.
Example...if accounts of jesus's death are as horrific as it would seem then the resultant loss of life through violence 48 hours after jesus's loss of blood would have been huge.
Therefore a key to establishing whether a person is a messiah is whether they can control the weather and whether when they loss blood people die violently.
The current messiah has kept a blog to record these events over the last 6 years.
When studied the events are numerous and recorded along with his day to day life.
He also claims to be savagely attacking the financial system of the world for many years now as another example of what he can do. Effectively he is smashing the tables of the money lenders.
He also declares that humanity is to be judged between 05/04/2013 to 04/05/2013...english style date.

Good point!

Ancient King Cyrus of Persia was clearly identified as a Moshiach - (Anointed King) in Isaiah chapter 45.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think this idea of G-d learning and evolving and getting better and better at creating over infinite time in the past fits with......

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/the-philosophical-implications-of-multiverse-theory.7931488/

The Philosophical implications of Multiverse Theory?

The writings of Dr. Chaim Henry Tejman could lay a foundation for a variation on Intelligent Design Theory that actually could be in our schools sooner than we might tend to imagine!

Wave Theory and Gender: Why Sex

Grand Unified Theory: Wave Theory and Life

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Exactly!

One possibility is that G-d learned over eternity in the past.....
the Big Bang could well have been 13.72 billion or so years ago....
the earth could well be 4.5 billion years old......

And

and Adam and Eve could well have been created 6 or so thousand years ago.....
after the world that Lucifer nearly destroyed.... was repaired.....

• Agree
Reactions: mark kennedy
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Thanks. It's an attempt to combine science and theology together. I cannot believe in much of any religious writing because it is from ancient days and is blatantly wrong with scientific knowledge humanity now has. After years of study I wrote this piece as a way to have a piece of religious writing I could believe in and that others may accept.

I have got to get back into this discussion shortly.......

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
One possibility is that G-d learned over eternity in the past.....
Nope.
Yahuweh is Absolutely Uncreated, Perfect, Absolutely Perfect Complete Knowledge of Everything, Forever, nothing could possibly be 'better' in Him Himself nor in Yahushua, echad with the Father...

perhaps the Ekklesia , being immersed in Him, becoming echad with the son and with the Father, abiding eternally forever without end in Him,
is considered "better" in some way, but Yahuweh Himself remains unchanged and unchangeable.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I’m going to suggest an argument that isn’t air-tight, but is suggestive.

First, I’m going to assume that the Big Bang didn’t come out of nowhere, but that there’s some system bigger than the universe out of which big bangs come. I believe most scientists expect to find such a system. It would just be a bit weird to find that suddenly out of literally nowhere, reality appears.

So in a system out of which universes come, could some entity evolve? I would think so. If we could evolve on earth, I don’t see why something couldn’t evolve from a more powerful environment.

However there’s an odd property of infinity. Suppose something like God can evolve. As long as doing so takes a finite period of time, we have an odd situation. Note that I’m not talking about God changing over time based on experience. I’m talking about God coming into existence in the first place.

Let’s suppose that it takes N years for God to evolve. N can be big, trillions of years. It doesn’t matter. Pick a time T. As long as the system has always existed, there are at least N years before time T. So God already exists. But this is true for any time T. Hence there is no time before God existed.

I actually think this is a reasonable argument for the existence of God. Not a proof. There's no full proof, but a plausible argument.

• Winner
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I’m going to suggest an argument that isn’t air-tight, but is suggestive.

First, I’m going to assume that the Big Bang didn’t come out of nowhere, but that there’s some system bigger than the universe out of which big bangs come. I believe most scientists expect to find such a system. It would just be a bit weird to find that suddenly out of literally nowhere, reality appears.

So in a system out of which universes come, could some entity evolve? I would think so. If we could evolve on earth, I don’t see why something couldn’t evolve from a more powerful environment.

However there’s an odd property of infinity. Suppose something like God can evolve. As long as doing so takes a finite period of time, we have an odd situation. Note that I’m not talking about God changing over time based on experience. I’m talking about God coming into existence in the first place.

Let’s suppose that it takes N years for God to evolve. N can be big, trillions of years. It doesn’t matter. Pick a time T. As long as the system has always existed, there are at least N years before time T. So God already exists. But this is true for any time T. Hence there is no time before God existed.

I actually think this is a reasonable argument for the existence of God. Not a proof. There's no full proof, but a plausible argument.

In my opinion your reply is BRILLIANT!!!!

WWW.CARBONBIAS.BLOGSPOT.CA/

Upvote 0