Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am Catholic. I was addressing another member who identifies as Catholic. You Protestants do whatever you want.

No.

Thanks! We Protestants will do whatever seems right in the eyes of the Lord. We don't need some human hierarchy telling us what is acceptable to God and what isn't. The decision to ban women from the priesthood is a perfect example.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks! We Protestants will do whatever seems right in the eyes of the Lord. We don't need some human hierarchy telling us what is acceptable to God and what isn't. The decision to ban women from the priesthood is a perfect example.
cool-story-bro-buddy-christ01.png

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,514,024.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If they made an American version of the Vicar of Dibley, who should be cast in it?

Oh, Lord, please no. One version of that show was enough. Rev. came closer to being an honest account (although the main character was a guy).

I'd love to see someone make a TV show featuring a woman priest that wasn't ridiculous but actually showed some of what this is like; the joys and the heartaches, the struggles and the successes, the stresses and the grace.

Upvote 0

Love365

Jul 23, 2020
Kentucky
✟97,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Oh, Lord, please no. One version of that show was enough. Rev. came closer to being an honest account (although the main character was a guy).

I'd love to see someone make a TV show featuring a woman priest that wasn't ridiculous but actually showed some of what this is like; the joys and the heartaches, the struggles and the successes, the stresses and the grace.

The Vicar of Dibley has been off the air since the 1990s.
There should have been many TV shows about women priests,
on the BBC.
England doesn’t have TV shows about the Church of England?

Why is the BBC dragging their feet?

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟374,044.00
Faith
Non-Denom

I agree entirely. The Vicar of Dibley was truly an outrageous parody. Christian ministry in any form is not a running joke.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,514,024.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What actress could play a woman priest?

Well, given that women priests are young and old, of every race and class, and diverse in just about every other way, I'd say just about any actress except a child.

Upvote 0

Love365

Jul 23, 2020
Kentucky
✟97,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Well, given that women priests are young and old, of every race and class, and diverse in just about every other way, I'd say just about any actress except a child.
Emily Blunt, Melissa McCarthy, Sandra Bullock, Kate Beckinsale,
Lucy Liu, Jennifer Lopez, Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, Halle Berry,
Aisha Tyler, Olivia Munn

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟125,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The world needs women priests
to help women in poor countries get an education and jobs.

Jesus ordained two priests.
John the Baptist and Mary of Bethany.

Does the world need women priests?

I never understood why people call women "priest," and I think because the term "priestess" sounds pagan - and rightly so, for there was never a female priest in the Old Testament.

However, the apostle Paul made it clear that women are not allowed in the pulpit, nor serve in the same capacity with elders and pastors.

John the Baptist was a prophet, and Mary was a disciple.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,514,024.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It sounds more like you're offended and finding a reason to call it such.

If I'm offended, it's because "priestess" is generally used as a slur against ordained women. It is used both to imply that our ministry is somehow Pagan, and also to suggest that it is different from (and less than) the exact same ministry performed by men.

Upvote 0