✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Does the world need women priests?

Do you think women are included in this verse?

Revelation 1:4-6 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace unto you, and peace, from Him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before His throne; 5 And from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the first begotten of the dead, and the Prince of the kings of the Earth. Unto Him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in His own blood, 6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and His Father; to Him [be] glory and dominion for ever and ever. ... 9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the Kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

basileia = from basileus; properly, royalty, i.e. (abstractly) rule, or (concretely) a realm (literally or figuratively):--kingdom, + reign.
hiereus = from hieros; a priest.
hieros = sacred:--holy.

But the world seems to think we need thousands of teachers other than Jesus.

Matthew 23:8-10 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master: Christ, and all ye are brethren. And call no [man] your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in Heaven. Neither be ye called teachers: for one is your Teacher: Christ.

John 10:1-5, John 10:16

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Women are better at communication.

Women speak about 30% more than men.

Women are also better at recognizing emotions in other people.

And your basis for these claims is ..?

Reactions: Philip_B
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If you want to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ, knowing other languages would be helpful.

Except we know that Jesus spoke only English and of course the Bible was only written in English. These foreigners should all just learn the one true language. Why would we need women pastors who are better with foreign languages?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Of course women can spread the gospel, teach others, serve in any capacity in the church, etc. I'm referring to modern Christian societies of course, not to backward and/or heathen societies that restrict girls' and women's education and behavior.

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,865.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you want to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ,
knowing other languages would be helpful.

Maybe - if you are called to go overseas, to a place where they speak no English.
But there are many people in English speaking countries - or our own countries - that need to hear the Gospel also.

A women doesn't need to be ordained to be able to preach.

• Agree
Reactions: Valletta
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,865.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But why shouldn’t a woman be ordained?
The Bible tells us of female Deacons, female preachers, female Apostles. The Methodists have been ordaining women since the 1700s. Why does the UMC ordain women?

No reason at all.
If God calls a woman to be ordained, I'm all for it. My first Minister after I joined the Methodist church was a woman.

I was responding to the posts a) that women learn languages faster than men, and b) that knowing other languages helps in preaching the Gospel. I was questioning what the learning of other languages had to do with ordination.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No reason at all.
If God calls a woman to be ordained, I'm all for it. My first Minister after I joined the Methodist church was a woman.

I was responding to the posts a) that women learn languages faster than men, and b) that knowing other languages helps in preaching the Gospel. I was questioning what the learning of other languages had to do with ordination.
I think if you look back in the thread the Point about women being better at learning languages was for preaching in non-English countries.

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why is the issue of women priests even being discussed? Of course women are just as capable as men to serve Christ in whatever way He chooses. There are some societies today that restrain what women can learn and do, but they are not Christian-based. In the US and other similar countries where the rights of women are not restrained there is no reason that women can't perform whatever roles Christ gives them.

• Agree
Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0