Auburn
✟58,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
to put it in a question ... how do we reason, as in how do we take thought ?
Not sure what you are trying to get at; would be helpful if you just express your thoughts more clearly at length.

The only practically useful way I see of answering your question is that we reason and think in our soul/spirit, not the body - that is dead without the spirit. Don't want to get into the not easy task of dissecting the differences between soul and spirit (man's spirit that is).

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not sure what you are trying to get at; would be helpful if you just express your thoughts more clearly at length.

The only practically useful way I see of answering your question is that we reason and think in our soul/spirit, not the body - that is dead without the spirit. Don't want to get into the not easy task of dissecting the differences between soul and spirit (man's spirit that is).

my question was not where but how ... to try put it as simply as possible ... is not to reason a judgement... as in a measurement ... and does not a measurement need two points of reference ...

i could write a 1000 words explaing this as i could just as easily awnswer the question i put to you in a single word ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dima 26

Jul 13, 2021
Auburn
✟58,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
my question was not where but how ... to try put it as simply as possible ... is not to reason a judgement... as in a measurement ... and does not a measurement need two points of reference ...

i could write a 1000 words explaing this as i could just as easily awnswer the question i put to you in a single word ...
Basically, you don't have to put things as "simply as possible" for mine sake, unless your doing it for some other reasons.

But yes, good point: reasoning and decision making does largely consist of two reference points, whether right or wrong, better or worse, accurate or less accurate, beneficial or not so beneficial, true or false, safe or unsafe, etc. The difficulty though remains in knowing to what extend Adam and Eve were morally conscious creatures and what was the state of their intellect. Perhaps it's as simple as that it was the beginning of the creation of heaven and earth, and thus wisdom and knowledge did not yet exist on earth, but in heaven only (that is the spiritual realm, not the visible heaven created for the earth). Therefore it was God's plan for mankind, by pure and unobstructed fellowship with Him, to be brought up in all wisdom, knowledge, and the understanding of every right way and good work - the way of life and good, even as He Himself made all things very good. This is even seen with God placing Adam in the garden at the beginning - essentially safeguarded in paradise - so that by maturing in understanding and the knowledge of good (see 1 Corinthians 14:20 and Romans 16:19 for reference) they may multiply and subdue the whole earth, and exercise dominion over all the creatures. But this was all brought to ruin when they, being deceived by the serpent (that is the Devil), thought they can be made wise themselves apart from God, breaking His commandment that served as their life and for their good; similar to how children are forbidden certain things without an explanation given them, for the simply reason of them being still children. And with this transgression followed all sorts of evils, curses, calamities & sorrows, and most importantly, corruption and death. (And as a sidenote, why do people even burden themselves with knowing the depths of Satan [Revelation 2:24], seeing it is a "bottomless" pit? [Revelation 9:1])

Now I know you like keeping things simple, therefore the main point I was trying to get at was this: it is inaccurate to think that they must of been acquainted with both good and evil before their fall, because before their fall (regardless of how long that may have been) they would have been brought up by the Lord Himself in refusing the evil and choosing the good (see Isaiah 7:15 for reference).

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Basically, you don't have to put things as "simply as possible" for mine sake, unless your doing it for some other reasons.

But yes, good point: reasoning and decision making does largely consist of two reference points, whether right or wrong, better or worse, accurate or less accurate, beneficial or not so beneficial, true or false, safe or unsafe, etc. The difficulty though remains in knowing to what extend Adam and Eve were morally conscious creatures and what was the state of their intellect. Perhaps it's as simple as that it was the beginning of the creation of heaven and earth, and thus wisdom and knowledge did not yet exist on earth, but in heaven only (that is the spiritual realm, not the visible heaven created for the earth). Therefore it was God's plan for mankind, by pure and unobstructed fellowship with Him, to be brought up in all wisdom, knowledge, and the understanding of every right way and good work - the way of life and good, even as He Himself made all things very good. This is even seen with God placing Adam in the garden at the beginning - essentially safeguarded in paradise - so that by maturing in understanding and the knowledge of good (see 1 Corinthians 14:20 and Romans 16:19 for reference) they may multiply and subdue the whole earth, and exercise dominion over all the creatures. But this was all brought to ruin when they, being deceived by the serpent (that is the Devil), thought they can be made wise themselves apart from God, breaking His commandment that served as their life and for their good; similar to how children are forbidden certain things without an explanation given them, for the simply reason of them being still children. And with this transgression followed all sorts of evils, curses, calamities & sorrows, and most importantly, corruption and death. (And as a sidenote, why do people even burden themselves with knowing the depths of Satan [Revelation 2:24], seeing it is a "bottomless" pit? [Revelation 9:1])

Now I know you like keeping things simple, therefore the main point I was trying to get at was this: it is inaccurate to think that they must of been acquainted with both good and evil before their fall, because before their fall (regardless of how long that may have been) they would have been brought up by the Lord Himself in refusing the evil and choosing the good (see Isaiah 7:15 for reference).

The lamb was slain from the foundation of the world ... an end declared from a beginning ...

By the time He knows enough to reject evil and choose good, He will be eating curds and honey

you can not choose between them without the knowledge of both ... knowledge by way of reasoning being a comparison .... God called Adam to reason (name the animals ) before the law was spoken ... in this you will see the serpent entered the garden by way of the law spoken ...

we all must choose a serpent ... God chose an Essau ... Israel chose a Dan and Jesus chose Judas ...

Upvote 0